jump to last post 1-21 of 21 discussions (30 posts)

What 'Natural' Ability Or Talent Were You Born With?

1. vocalcoach profile image94
    vocalcoachposted 2 years ago

Each of us bring along a natural gift when we are born.  Mine is musical talent and ability and a loving nature.  I've tried to use these gifts to encourage others in a positive way.

You may think you have no talents or abilities.  Oh, but you do!  Even a smile to light up another's day is a gift.  You don't have to be an Einstein or Madam Currie to "make a difference".  What are you passionate about?  What do you enjoy doing?  Please share with us.

2. Fred Arnold profile image60
    Fred Arnoldposted 2 years ago

I'm extremely good at Tetris.

3. tirelesstraveler profile image83
    tirelesstravelerposted 2 years ago

I can smile.  I have gotten into and out of more trouble with my smile than you can believe.

4. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago

The ability to learn from mistakes, though somewhat slowly at times.

5. jjheathcoat profile image87
    jjheathcoatposted 2 years ago

I guess my natural talent would be my love of learning. I've always been told that I was more interested in learning new things, even at a young age. When other kids would watch cartoons on TV, my mom was surprised to find me fully engrossed in cooking programs and science documentaries. Both my sister and I loved reading from a young age too, though she liked fictional stories and I preferred history books. I think a lot of those interests show in my Hubs too.

6. Taylor Qualman profile image60
    Taylor Qualmanposted 2 years ago

I have this odd ability to read people like a book and to feel emotion I haven't experienced myself. both help extremely in creative writing. ooh, and an uncanny ability to make food by smell. still trying to figure out how to combine culinary arts, good understanding, and writing skills into a career lol.

7. Sed-me profile image82
    Sed-meposted 2 years ago

I fight crime.

1. Taylor Qualman profile image60
      Taylor Qualmanposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Like spiderman?!

1. Sed-me profile image82
        Sed-meposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes, if he were a woman with bat-like super powers.

I'm trying to picture this in my head...but i fear i may be trying to hard lol.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/12119130.jpg

Have you never heard of Batgirl?

No.. No I have not lol.  But now I will remember this.

2. Venkatachari M profile image84
              Venkatachari Mposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hi, Sed Me! My wife also used to fight with crime and dishonest people. But it is too hard because they happen to be powerful people. Now, she is no more.

8. Phyllis Doyle profile image91
    Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years ago

Spiritual mentoring, helped along by my Father, who was very spiritual and had deep compassion for those who were lost or suffering spiritually. The gift of creativity also came along naturally for me. Native American style beading, dolls and their beaded clothing I know came from a past life.

9. Toni Pacino profile image60
    Toni Pacinoposted 2 years ago

I am very artistic. I have been singing since I was able to speak, I draw, a write short stories or book, and even songs. I always try to help people out by giving advice also, I tend to listen to others very well and know how to help them in any situation.

10. loeileclectique profile image59
    loeileclectiqueposted 2 years ago

My natural ability is to talk... and I tend to babble before I've gotten out what I really want to say.  My second natural ability is to work with my hands... painting, carving, molding, drawing whatever strikes my fancy at any given moment.

11. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago

I can tell by taste whether you have used baking soda to make a cookie.

12. SmartAndFun profile image92
    SmartAndFunposted 2 years ago

I remember lyrics to songs or advertising jingles, no matter how long ago I learned them. I guess I am the ultimate advertising customer, since I carry their message with me forever.

13. clivewilliams profile image72
    clivewilliamsposted 2 years ago

I was born with the gift to be loved, i know you are starting to feel it.....

14. littlething profile image88
    littlethingposted 2 years ago

I was born with the gift of analysis. Great for trying to learn new things, not so good when watching movies with people! I tend to point out all the plotholes.........

15. ShirleyJCJohnson profile image85
    ShirleyJCJohnsonposted 2 years ago

I have a penchant for really big and fancy words.  My vocabulary grows by the day.  My husband needs a dictionary so that he can keep up with what I say from time to time.  I am a published author now, so my vocabulary skills have been increasing exponentially.

"exponentially" is a big word.

16. firstcookbooklady profile image82
    firstcookbookladyposted 2 years ago

I recall, in school, some 30 years ago... being given a list of words to memorize. Long, syllabic words... intense in meaning and above the heads of many who read them... There were 19 or so words to memorize, complete with meaning. After we successfully learned them, we were then admonished to NEVER, never use them, as most successful people do not.

17. Thelma Alberts profile image85
    Thelma Albertsposted 2 years ago

I'm passionate about baking and dancing. I think those are my talents.

1. ShirleyJCJohnson profile image85
      ShirleyJCJohnsonposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I can sometimes get OCD in the kitchen with new recipes.  Once I find a recipe that works for the kids or the husband, then they expect me to make it over and over again.  Peanut Butter Sheet Cake, Easy Yeast Rolls, Meatloaf Muffins...any and everything!

18. Beaddoodler profile image76
    Beaddoodlerposted 2 years ago

LOL I was born with the ability to trip over my own feet.  Never outgrew it.  Everything else I think I had to work for.

19. Venkatachari M profile image84
    Venkatachari Mposted 2 years ago

I hope I have two things. One is patience without losing hope. The other one is maths calculations.

20. tlcs profile image79
    tlcsposted 2 years ago

I have patience, something we all need a little more of!

1. jjheathcoat profile image87
      jjheathcoatposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I gotta admit I had a lot more patience before I became a parent. Something I really wanna work on.

21. tlcs profile image79
    tlcsposted 2 years ago

Having and taking care of children can I know be very testing but with time it does get easier! Trust me, I know!

working