Who is your favorite villain?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (16 posts)
  1. Availiasvision profile image81
    Availiasvisionposted 10 years ago

Who is your favorite villain?

What do you like about them?  Is there some truth to their case or redeemable quality?

2. tillsontitan profile image82
    tillsontitanposted 10 years ago

This one's easy for me, Cruella deVille...my favorite Disney Villain.  I dressed as Cruella one Halloween and I still have kids calling me Cruella.  The Queen from Snow White comes in second for me.

3. ParadigmEnacted profile image75
    ParadigmEnactedposted 10 years ago

There's gotta be a truth to their case. There are a lot of them. I'm trying to think of one. Kevin Costner in A Perfect World comes to mind, but he wasn't really a pure villain.

I just thought of a few but they aren't really very good examples.

4. TNT Husky profile image63
    TNT Huskyposted 10 years ago

Hmmm. Seifer from Final Fantasy 8. He shows to be this big, quick witted leader, but as the story progresses, you see him for the confused child he really is. He's not sure what is right and wrong, and he never has been. He just puts on this act so people don't look down on him. That's how i see him, anyway

5. kereeves3 profile image78
    kereeves3posted 10 years ago

Mine would probably have to be Voldemort because I really like the Harry Potter series.  Although he doesn't have any true redeemable qualities, he is a very clever and diligent villain.  But we all knew Harry would come out on top in the end, good over evil!

6. Will Jason profile image64
    Will Jasonposted 10 years ago

Without a doubt, Emperor Palpatine (Darth Sidious) from the Star Wars Saga. This guy not only had a multi-faceted plan of evil, but he was extremely patient which is not typically characteristic of villains. It helped that he was wise, manipulative, and used a soft demeanor to craft an assault upon Anakin's psyche that left him no way out but to turn to the darkside.

There was a graphic novel where the Emperor revived Darth Maul just to test Vader's loyalty. Obviously there is this huge fight between Maul and Vader at the end with the Emperor looking on in some sort of bloodlust. Needless to say, Vader defeated Maul when it didn't seem possible. As Maul is dying, he looks at Vader and asks "Who could you possible hate so much that you were able to defeat me?". To which Vader responded..."Myself". Palpatine did that! And the scary thing is, he had planned it from the moment Anakin was just a boy and even before that. That's evil and genius all in one.

7. janshares profile image92
    jansharesposted 10 years ago

I love the Joker in "Batman," flawlessly played by Jack Nicholson.

8. Diana Lee profile image76
    Diana Leeposted 10 years ago

I liked the Penguin played by Meredith Baxter in the original Batman series starring Adam West. As far as action and adventure go this role was a classic masterpiece. 

The outlaw western dramas brought out the best in Lee Van Cleef no matter what villain he was associated with. I loved his clever bad boy characters opposite some of the best cowboy actors in the business. We lost an icon in 1989 when we lost Lee Van Cleef.

9. moonfairy profile image74
    moonfairyposted 10 years ago

I actually like Dr. Seuss"s Grinch!!! I like that he's so incredibly selfish and does the nastiest things for no real reason except maybe jealousy.....and then he's completely redeemed at the end.....gotta love a bad boy gone good smile

10. Samith Jhon profile image58
    Samith Jhonposted 10 years ago

The Joker, because he is not mindless, he always has a plan, and his psycotic rants always get me thinking.I think the foundation of a good villian is a great look, intelligence, and lots of weapons

11. Wilhelmina sophia profile image59
    Wilhelmina sophiaposted 10 years ago

I like the Riddler played by Jim Carrey.  He's smooth-talking and quirky, flamboyant and OCD about his crimes (I'm OCD too), he can't commit a crime without leaving a riddle behind.

12. larakern profile image67
    larakernposted 10 years ago

I really like Catwoman. I'm not sure why but she has always been my favorite villain. She has changed so much from the original character that was created by DC comics. She did switch the the good side for a brief stint of time and even aided Batman.

13. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 10 years ago

http://stevennix2001.hubpages.com/hub/T … f-All-Time

ironically, i wrote a whole hub on this topic too.  smile

14. chefmancave profile image73
    chefmancaveposted 10 years ago

I am going to begin with Lex Luther. He is a mere mortal but yet is able to challenge Superman who is superior to him in nearly every way.

Next I go with the martian in the Bugs Bunny cartoon. I can't help but laugh every time I see him. The spartan helmet cracks me up!

Finally, my absolute favorite villain is Dexter. (Showtime) I realize he is cast as the Hero in this series but lets face it folks...He is a KILLER.

15. Clinton1998 profile image61
    Clinton1998posted 10 years ago

The Lich King in Warcraft and Availiasvision in Hubpages. smile

16. Thief12 profile image90
    Thief12posted 10 years ago

Hans Gruber (Die Hard) played masterfully by Alan Rickman. Probably the most iconic action-film villain. So smart, elegant, and suave you almost want him to get away with it.
    The Joker (The Dark Knight) in a surprisingly excellent performance by Heath Ledger. I think nobody expected him to be any good, but it ended up being one of the best villain portrayals on film.
    Hans Landa (Inglourious Basterds) walks a fine line between comedic mischief and vicious cruelty. Christoph Waltz delivered a great performance turning Landa into one of the most despicable characters ever.
    John Doe (Seven) is a great example of less being better. With a limited screen-time and little to no background to his character, Doe is one of the most vicious antagonists out there. Cold, smart, and calculating.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)