Has anyone lost views for no reason?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (17 posts)
  1. carol7777 profile image74
    carol7777posted 10 years ago

Has anyone lost views for no reason?

I checked my views today and there was about 100 less than yesterday.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 10 years ago

Looks like the view counter is stuck yet again. Must be Friday.

...yup, my stats page sez it was last updated 15 hours ago.

1. Georgie Lowery profile image89
      Georgie Loweryposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I can't find the ticker that tells me when my stats last updated. I have the one for the last time voilations were checked, but the other one has been gone for months.

3. Faith Reaper profile image83
    Faith Reaperposted 10 years ago

I don't know, but Huber Cantuhearmescream just posted a forum on the same issue about disappearing views.  Hope the problem gets fixed!!!

1. Faith Reaper profile image83
      Faith Reaperposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Whoa, I just noticed that mine dropped down 33!

4. bac2basics profile image85
    bac2basicsposted 10 years ago

Hi Carol.
    Yes I am well down too, but climbing again. My top hub gets well over 100 hits per day ( 190 the other day) and I had another one which was doing almost as well or sometimes better and for some weird reason I´m now lucky if it gets 1 hit per day, I really can´t work this out at all, it´s not anything seasonal either, but has suddenly dropped like a stone.

We are talking about views that were there, and now they are not there.  Not that views have been going down, but that the views that were there are not there any longer in the view "Ever", so how can views go down once they are viewed?

2. bac2basics profile image85
      bac2basicsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi Faith. Oh I see. The same happens on Google analytics, and I asked the question some time ago for that. Instead of the total number of views rising, like a running total, they sometimes go backwards too. It´s really weird.

5. krisaclark profile image62
    krisaclarkposted 10 years ago

Having problems here, too. My views haven't updates in at least 12 hours now, and last time it was updates, they went down.
    I've also had trouble viewing my traffic sources stats for last 24 hours, It has been showing -7 randomly.

6. NornsMercy profile image61
    NornsMercyposted 10 years ago

I've lost views, too. It's kind of a relief that I'm not the only one, though... was startin' to get worried! smile

1. carol7777 profile image74
      carol7777posted 10 years agoin reply to this

IT DOES SEEM ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO LOSE VIEWS..GO FIGURE!

2. Faith Reaper profile image83

Yes, it does seem impossible to lose views that were already there!

7. Laura in Denver profile image74
    Laura in Denverposted 10 years ago

I am thinking that Hubpages' new policy on rating articles as good quality (promotable), not promotable and not promoted by the author has something to do with losing views on the last two categories.

Comments, anyone?

8. liesl5858 profile image83
    liesl5858posted 10 years ago

My views had gone down yesterday as well and now my stats are not moving again. They seem to be stucked. I don't understand how views which are already there can go down. I know that I am still new here but I notice things that happens.

Right, if they were there, then how can they no longer be there.  I can see it being stuck and no further views posted, but the ones that were there should remain!

9. Georgie Lowery profile image89
    Georgie Loweryposted 10 years ago

I haven't been checking mine much at all the last few weeks, but I saw several other recent questions all asking the same thing so it must be site wide. Just hang in there.

10. Raitu Disong profile image59
    Raitu Disongposted 10 years ago

it's weird! mine dropped down 3...I don't see how one could lose views, is there some kind of minus views??

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)