Do non-Americans at HubPages pattern their awake hours to HupPages window of soc

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (25 posts)
  1. tsmog profile image84
    tsmogposted 10 years ago

Do non-Americans at HubPages pattern their awake hours to HupPages window of social inteaction?

In parallel being in California and a night owl or at the least a very early bird the morning hours are from 2 - 8 am at the PC. That would be in Europe the same as 10 am - 4 pm. If activity was 8 am to noon pacific time in Europe that would be 4 pm to 8 pm. Both are convenient hours. Does this window affect other nations in differing time zones becoming HP members?

2. profile image0
    Lizam1posted 10 years ago

The world still turns whilst America sleeps. :-)  I am now in BC so in a similar time zone to California but if I was back in the UK my postings would fit my schedule over there.

1. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank You for your sharing

3. LongTimeMother profile image93
    LongTimeMotherposted 10 years ago

HP is open for business 24/7 no matter where you live in the world. The window is always open. smile

1. tsmog profile image84

thank you

4. Imogen French profile image85
    Imogen Frenchposted 10 years ago

There's always plenty going on during UK waking hours, and you probably get different groups of people active at different times, whatever country they're in - I don't think HubPages ever really goes to sleep.
    I certainly don't plan my life around it - it's something I do in my spare time.

1. tsmog profile image84

That is good to know. I thank you. My readership base is about 50/50 between the U.S. and Europe, so I was just wondering.

5. graveyard-rose profile image73
    graveyard-roseposted 10 years ago

Some do and some do not. The majority I have met actually compromise and will get on half way through our day and half way through theirs. I never understood how they could operate on that schedule, but hey, whatever works for them I guess. smile

1. tsmog profile image84

I thought of this question because a friend in Sweden post at FB and does so in the late afternoon & evening with a 9 hour difference (PST). Her post are seen in the AM here

6. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 10 years ago

No, because social interaction on HubPages does not contribute to income.  Hubbers earn money by attracting readers from outside HubPages, not by chatting to each other or commenting on each other's Hubs!

1. tsmog profile image84

Okay . . . thank you

7. Organised Kaos profile image88
    Organised Kaosposted 10 years ago

Nope - always people around for us Aussie's too.

I don't pattern my life around it, when I open my lap top is when I open my laptop.

Most of my time on here is done creating hubs or reading, studying other successful hubbers hubs.

Hop that helps!

1. tsmog profile image84

I like those aspirations and having the schedule not tailored. smile

8. thumbi7 profile image60
    thumbi7posted 10 years ago

I live in India. I don't plan my time according to HP hours. I think HP is always awake. But I am not very active in chatting forums...
    Whenever I get time I login to hubpages and do whatever I like to do (publish,comment or read )

1. tsmog profile image84

I am similar. I think we are in agreement with the forums being maybe more time orientated?

9. tirelesstraveler profile image59
    tirelesstravelerposted 10 years ago

No problem. Someone is always around.  When I first started with HP intentionally sought hubbers from around world for my follow list. I find it very exciting to interact with folks everywhere.  Amazing how many insomniacs there are even here in CA .

1. tsmog profile image84

I share a giggle with insomniacs. I worked a shift through midnight and have not converted to convention yet smile

10. NotPC profile image58
    NotPCposted 10 years ago

Nah, Hubpages is a long term website so traffic is more based on seasons and months rather than hours or specific awake periods in western time zones.

1. tsmog profile image84

Good observation I would think. Thank you

11. cfin profile image66
    cfinposted 10 years ago

Non americans? You do know that the US is only one country right, or do you mean the two continents of america?

many "non americans" are no different than "americans" in any way including their social networking behaviour. It really has nothing got to do with nationality.

Very strange perspective.

1. tsmog profile image84

Thank you for your answer.

12. bn9900 profile image71
    bn9900posted 10 years ago

I think that people pop on here when they can, no matter the time. I myself monitor the site daily while I work and do other things, that way if there are any comments on my hubs, they aren't left unanswered, for so long.

1. tsmog profile image84

I like that plan. Thank you smile

13. profile image0
    Vickiwposted 10 years ago

I don't think it matters where you are in the world, people just read whenever they want to or have time. Lots of reading material in HP, and always something happening.

1. tsmog profile image84

Agreed and share with you how wonderful that is smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)