Are children more sensitive to paranormal activity?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)
  1. tsmog profile image84
    tsmogposted 10 years ago

Are children more sensitive to paranormal activity?

Or, are they simply more aware of their conscious activity presuming they have compared to an adult less sub-conscious activity.

2. Foodeee profile image60
    Foodeeeposted 10 years ago

I think it would be just about impossible to answer your question with a simple yes or no. There are too many factors involved to make such a hypothesis. There are some observations we can make that would help lead to a conclusion or at least lean in a certain direction.
    1. Children have a much more vivid imagination. Linking real events and fictional events is a simple process in the mind of a child. As we age reality kicks us in the backside and we loose that ability or at least put it out of our mind.
    2. Being open to your imagination can be argued as a portal to paranormal activity. If one were to consider being open to that kind of thought as a conduit to spirits then the paranormal world would use that conduit to seek the living.
    3. Children are more able to accept changes in life and allow things that would be unexplained just pass as a new experience. Adults having already determined what they see as reality would find it very hard to accept new forms of input.
    4. Children are easily manipulated. This is a problem since there are so many out there that would like to prove that paranormal world is real. They take the offensive and will use a child as a pawn to make a false event of paranormal activities. They are not willing to wait for these events to happen on their own and cause more problems in the long run.
    5. Children's imagination can be the downfall to a good witness of these activities. If a child does report something it could very well be a conjuring of a wild television show mixed with some real life event and point to the paranormal but in fact have nothing to do with it.

I honestly don't know if children are a good conduit to the otherside but hopefully some of this information is helpful.

1. deecoleworld profile image74
      deecoleworldposted 10 years agoin reply to this

well said foodeee .......... now where is the FOOD? wink

3. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 10 years ago

I like Foodeee's explanations and they make a lot of sense. By agreeing with those, I'd say they may be more sensitive. But I'll also state my initial thought I had before reading his response. I think young children are more likely to admit when they experience something paranormal. They hear the noises or see something unusual and accept it for what it is. As we get older, we become more inclined to dismiss many of those things by automatically grabbing onto more natural explanations.

4. grand old lady profile image83
    grand old ladyposted 10 years ago

No I don't think children are. If you are sensitive to these things you just are. As a child you may be aware of this sensitivity but it will probably develop and become more refined as you get older.

5. deecoleworld profile image74
    deecoleworldposted 10 years ago

I'm not sure if they are more sensitive but I think children are sensitive to paranormal activity. Children have the pleasure of being young, so they are less exposed to evil, pollutants, and conscious garbage in our world. People are very influence by our environment and the values/beliefs around us. Children are innocent but they are smart and perceptive.

I think receptivity and sensitivity to paranormal activity has no age limit. We all have this ability but a lot of us choose to ignore it and dismiss it as irrational and not real. Society, especially Western society is all about rationality and logic but logic isn't life. It helps but there are just something that can not be explain and things we don't understand yet. I think children have that understanding of how the world works since birth until their minds/bodies/souls get polluted. BTW i agree with most of the stuff foodeee is saying. Great question!!!!

6. lorddraven2000 profile image91
    lorddraven2000posted 10 years ago

I think they are in some ways. As adults we kind of lose our belief in things unknown and kids don't have that drawback just yet.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)