What do you find worst or irritating on the road while driving?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (19 posts)
  1. Josh Makaveli profile image40
    Josh Makaveliposted 9 years ago

What do you find worst or irritating on the road while driving?

for me the most worst and irritating thing is the HID headlight and stuck behind a slow moving car

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8933657_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Lybrahposted 9 years ago

Alright--first:  Say you're in the right lane and you want to make a right hand turn.  You're at a stop light, but there's one car in front of you, and they're not making a turn.  Therefore, you have to wait until the light changes.  I hate waiting!
    Basically, when the light is green, and nobody moves.  Therefore, you end up waiting for the red light a second, or third time.
    I basically hate anybody driving in front of me.

Josh Makaveliposted 9 years agoin reply to this

yeah waiting is a headache, its really painful...thanks for coming by smile

3. thomasczech profile image43
    thomasczechposted 9 years ago

the worst I find are the super bright headlights, tailgating, people passing on no passing lanes, distracted drivers--to name just a few.
    It seems like people are not being the real rules of the road anymore. People have become too impatient, or they leave for their destination too late, not giving themselves enough time.

this is true that people have become too impatient and maybe thats why they don't drive ethically...thanks for the comment

4. Bubblegum Jones profile image60
    Bubblegum Jonesposted 9 years ago

That easy - slow ignorant drivers who refuse to move over and out of the way of faster vehicles that are doing the posted speed limit.

ritoo thanks for the answer smile

5. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 9 years ago

The worst is the person who decides to drive right on my back bumper, especially in the winter when there's snow and ice on the road. The second worse, is anyone who you can tell is not paying attention to driving and instead are on a cell phone, turning around to yell at the kids in the back seat, etc. Oh yeah ... those people who let their dogs sit in their lap when their driving.

yeah its funny when people let their pets sitting on their laps and continue talking to them while driving. Its like they are asking them how to drive big_smile

6. jaydawg808 profile image81
    jaydawg808posted 9 years ago

For me it would be:
    1. Rubber necking-people who slow down and brake if there's just a stalled car on the side of the road...nothing to look at, move along!
    2. HID headlights on cars that did not have them originally equipped. The headlights were not designed to put the HID lights in there and it scatters light everywhere else but the road.
    3. People who forget to turn OFF their signals and drive for miles with it on.
    4. People distracted by texting or talking on their cell phones.
    5. Tailgating....which is super irritating.
    6. People who weave in and out of traffic
    7. Motorcycles that speed and weave in and out of traffic.

you have pointed out almost all of the issues one can have while driving but i know either we let such people know about these or not, they will never change their habits

7. Penny G profile image60
    Penny Gposted 9 years ago

Being behind someone throwing lit cigarettes out there window . It's really irritating when your window is down or the moon roof is open!  GRRRRRRR!

this is seriously dangerous when people do this and by the way did you ever get a chance to catch the lit cigarette? or it ever came in your car?

8. tsmog profile image84
    tsmogposted 9 years ago

The most irritating is distracted driving - texting, hand held cell phones, reading something, putting on makeup, shaving, and stuff like that. I find those drivers are more in the faster lanes than in the slow lanes. Odd?

I live in SoCal San Diego area in the North County Area. Major traffic is I-15, I-5, and Hwy 78. Traffic is not uncommon to be 75+ in the fast lane. I also find it irritating people place all their trust in their brakes instead of their minds and common sense.

Most have anti-lock brakes today. That in my mind causes a false feeling of security. Just because they do not skid or lock up doesn't mean the car will stop in time or safely if too close. The safe stopping distances never changed.

ABS brakes were designed to enable maintaining control of the vehicle under emergency stopping. It seems to work because cars directly hit the back of the car in front of them more times than not. They hit dead on now. No veering. Go figure. Just check out what National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) says. Yes, they may brake a little quicker but physics is physics and math is math.

On gravel or snow / ice covered roads ABS brakes actually increase stopping distance. Think about all the chain crashes in snow country freeways / highways. Bumper to bumper ker-blammm! So, when someone says a car stops faster with ABS brakes I would say that person is not safe to drive with.

They trust three letters instead of common sense, physics, and math, IMHO. That irritates me when they are about one car distance from my bumper going at 75+ MPH and texting or doing something. I get the H*** out of there . . . fast. I can afford to be late . . .

so majority of people find texting and similar activities most irritating however you have explained some physics and maths involved. I like it
      thanks for the answer smile

9. teaches12345 profile image77
    teaches12345posted 9 years ago

I am annoyed by people who pull in front of you at the last minute, put on the brakes, and then turn or exit.  Why can't they just patiently wait until they come up to their turn?

Driving has become a headache due to such type of people. If they ever get caught, they are always asking forgiveness

10. ijdmtoy profile image40
    ijdmtoyposted 9 years ago

What irks me are those people who cut in front of me and immediately slow down and brake suddenly for no apparent rhyme or reason. Those people who take forever to make a lane change are annoying as well. They take up two lanes for an excruciatingly long time.

such people come on the roads with only one purpose and that is to irritate others

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)