This had to be written in the box below because it is a four-part question.

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)
  1. The Examiner-1 profile image60
    The Examiner-1posted 9 years ago

This had to be written in the box below because it is a four-part question.

What do previous Squidoo members miss the most since they left there?  What do they like the most since they have switched to HubPages? Which do they like more? Why?

2. aidenw profile image67
    aidenwposted 9 years ago

I really miss the different themed page templates. Many of them were beautiful and enhanced the content of your pages, like the Halloween one. I wish HP would have something similar. But then again, from the standpoint of making money, I've read that the less fancy your page is, the better as visitors would have no problem clicking on links on your page to go somewhere else instead of staying and enjoying all the bells and whistles.

I really like this Q&A section on HP which Squidoo didn't have. I think it's really fun smile I've also found that it's a bit simpler to create a hub than a lens navigation-wise.

I used to really like Squidoo but it really turned sour toward the end. I won't go into details as it's all in the past and I don't want to dwell on the negative. I'm grateful that my lenses (now hubs) have a new home, and I'm happy here now.

The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

First, welcome to HubPages. What are the themed page templates?

2. aidenw profile image67
      aidenwposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you. Themed page templates were templates for your lenses with embedded graphics for the background, certain modules (or capsules as we call them here), etc. that match the content of your lens such as Halloween, Christmas, pets, etc.

3. favored profile image61
      favoredposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Examiner you've been kind with the transferred writers, and I'm grateful for that.  Sometimes I leave a message to a writer about a Hub but don't want to leave it on their article. They don't always want emails for that stuff.  Thanks for the welcome

4. The Examiner-1 profile image60

aidenw - I have added one to my photo capsule, you gave me the idea with the 'themed page tmplates'. Besides regular photos, you can also add 'images' - or graphics (cartoons) - to your Hubs. If you wanted to check, it is under the thumbnails photos.

3. favored profile image61
    favoredposted 9 years ago

What I miss about Squidoo?  Hearing from our HQ ladies with encouragement as we venture into new quests or articles and wishing us a good weekend, etc.  The virtual ice cream cones for a job well done were funny, but also from the heart.  The interaction with other writers there outside the articles sharing their real life joys and experiences.  Making real friends to pray with and be happy for when something good happens in their lives.

I miss some of the modules like the multiple video, options for call out, graphics to pretty up the article and make it look more inviting.  They didn't seem generic and all look alike. The size that is full screen compared to the small HP page.  It's too hard to see.

What I like about Hub Pages most is the options in the text capsules for editing, like spell check.  I like that each page lets you know what is wrong with it and where to correct it. This is a wonderful tool.

I don't like that I can't leave a comment for a writer without sending an email and that I can't tell which articles made the sales.  Some people are so impatient with newbies and are angry at those who came from Squidoo. They are much kinder to those who just signed up on their own and aren't connected to the "lensmasters." 

I like that the owners articles aren't junk or self-absorbed. I do believe that HQ here is more involved and I like that.  They don't seem to leave all the problems for others to clean-up making their staff look bad.

The true assessment of the switch to HP can't be measured yet I think, at least for me.  I'd like to think that in time they will come to love us and the community will be stronger.

Let me first welcome you to HP. smile Leaving a comment does not include sending emails. For the sales, I believe that Google Analytics shows that. Some people are impatient with Hubbers too. I hope that your time here will be a long and happy one. big_smile

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)