Fierycj's Share: I'm Wearing An Eye-Patch...

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (60 posts)
  1. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

On Wednesday morning, I woke up with his slight, but uncomfortable sensation in my left eye, like a speck or something of the sort, I tried dipping my face in water, with my eyes wide open like a gazillion times, but I still felt the sensation...a little worried, I booked an appointment with an ophthalmologist, they did their scanning and irrigation and assured me that all was well...prescribed with vitamins and a powerful eye-drop O went home, yesterday my left eye cleared up, and I'm 100% good! But the eye-drop being so powerful and all, made my left eye a bit too red, so in order not to look weird I bought an eye-patch, and I've been wearing one since yesterday...

You gotta see the reaction I'm getting from onlookers (Some of the opposite sex think its sexy), when I'm talking a walk, when I'm in my car, when I'm in a restaurant...I look like friggin' Jack Sparrow...the black version of course...and without the 17th Century clothing...Just leather jacks and jeans...I gotta admit, the eye-patch thing is starting to grow on me, pretty much...

1. profile image0
      \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do you look like Mark

2. Sasha S profile image66
      Sasha Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm not gonna lie, that did make me chuckle! But you're right, sometimes eye patches can look pretty awesome! I had a lecturer who - despite looking the spitting image of billy connolly (google him if ya don't know who he is) - had his eye attacked by a large owl (he was feeding its chicks mince from his window sill) and had to wear an eyepatch for a few weeks; it really didn't help speculation over whether he enjoyed siezing ships in his free time when coupled with the fact that he happens to like wearing those frilly white shirts, leather wiastcoats and brown trousers!

3. emievil profile image67
      emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey CJ. Glad to see your left eye is okay. But an eye patch that make you look like Jack Sparrow? LOL hard to imagine. I'll root for the new avatar (I'm the fourth) smile

4. dohn121 profile image81
      dohn121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have no problem with the eye-patch, my friend...Buy a puffy shirt and a parrot and we're through! lol  I hope you get better bro.  I hope you're not driving too much with your new pirate-gear big_smile

5. waynet profile image69
      waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Pirate! What's your name...one eyed willy!

2. smokenchic profile image60
    smokenchicposted 14 years ago

oh lala....get down with your bad self fiery, that would be sexy. Kinda like u where in some kinda brawl or something...lol  by the way this is (goodfriendiam)

3. profile image0

@smokenchic...I didnt know, is this your new id now?

@Brenda...Mark is wearing sunshades, not an eyepatch...Mark is fat and old, no offence, just fact...think a black Jack Sparrow, in black leather jackets, blue jeans, and adidas sneakers...or something like that...

@Sasha...hilarious, lol

4. smokenchic profile image60
    smokenchicposted 14 years ago

yep! no more goodfriendiam, by by her....

5. torimari profile image68
    torimariposted 14 years ago

Yes, I'll back that up--eye patches are quite sexy. Especially on guys, but it works on women too...that lass from Kill Bill from Splash looked good for her age, and it was all thanks to the hot eye patch (but, then again I thought it was awesome when they squeezed out her other eyeball..mmm)

Now, go get the matching, ruffly pirate costume and the appeal is +50. Anyone who says otherwise would be jealous.

1. profile image0
      fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nah, not going for the halloween look...lol, just the same ol' me...with an eye-patch, is all...

6. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

oooo, would love to see a photo of ya!  wink

1. lrohner profile image66
      lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ditto, ditto! I bet you're looking pretty fancy schmancy all eye-patched up and everything, CJ! smile

1. Beth100 profile image69
        Beth100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm rooting for a new avatar!!!!  smile

1. smokenchic profile image60
          smokenchicposted 14 years agoin reply to this

me too!!! or three...lol

7. profile image50
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

You will never be Jack Sparrow !

1. Beth100 profile image69
      Beth100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe, but then again....maybe BETTER!!!  lol  smile  big_smile

8. profile image54
    kukuruzaposted 14 years ago

My God, it so is sad...

9. profile image0

Ah, hilarious...I figure, I can only squeeze in one more week to wearing the patch for a good reason...beyond that, it'll just be a fashion statement...he he he

10. Beth100 profile image69

Still waiting for a new avatar of you sporting your eye patch!  Ya know, there's a few of us who want to see you!  wink

1. Lady_E profile image63
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I second that.

11. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I'm down at seeing a pic of you in the eyepatch...so where is the pic?

12. profile image0

he he he...That'll happen...There're some here who have seen me a bit, though...big_smile

1. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

PLEASE??????? don't make me beg lol

13. Maddie Ruud profile image71
    Maddie Ruudposted 14 years ago

An eye patch is more noticeable than a red eye is, so I think probably you're not doing it to avoid attention--you're doing it to attract attention.

1. profile image50
      badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

That would be a first !

1. Maddie Ruud profile image71
        Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It would be like me putting a cast on my finger for a papercut.

1. profile image50

Lol nice comparison !

2. profile image0

More noticeable, obviously...but way cooler, than walking around with a red eye, looking like someone just punched me in the friggin' eyes...Thanks, but I'll take the eye-patch anyday...and yes, I welcome the perks, I make no pretences about this...every single move I make in life is to gender attraction, I love to exude charisma in every thing I do, its like second nature to me now, I dont even think about it (sometimes I imagine walking on the street in slow motion, with my jackets flaying in the wind, and pretty white doves fluttering all around me, like in a friggin' John Woo movie)...tis an essential law in the FIERY BOOK OF POWER...

14. profile image0

Fiery!!!! *says in a whiney voice* Put up a picture....

1. profile image0

Chill, lol...I said I will..patience..

@badcompany - quit being such a psychophant...it isnt a good comparison at all, and you know it...an eye-patch makes you look cool, and you know it...a cast doesnt...

1. profile image50

Personally I think a cast would look way cooler on Maddie than an eye patch wud on you. Besides how can you look cool with a flaming Avatar ?

2. profile image0

Yay okay I'll do my best to be patient hehe

15. Maddie Ruud profile image71
    Maddie Ruudposted 14 years ago

C'mon guys, don't fight on my account.  It's all in fun... or it's supposed to be.  Don't want to have to shut down another thread for bickering and personal attacks...

1. profile image50

Chill Maddie it is in fun, me and the big guy made up !

I'm chillin' like a villain.

1. profile image50

A Poet as well, I wish I was a female Poet smile

There's surgery for that.

1. profile image50

Lol that's below the belt Maddie !

Punishing...

1. profile image50

Oh you are in top form tonight young lady, just as well I am behaving smile

16. profile image0

I'm not fighting on anyone's account...personally I dont have beef with anyone...never had...he he he, its kinda funny if you think about it, I mean, why would I...its not like its gonna be settled in a duel or anything, its like pc bicker, back and forth...I get that from chicks in my life everyday...BOOM!

1. profile image50

You gotta it moi friend !

17. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

LOL Don't mess with Maddie! lol

1. profile image50

I should be so lucky smile

2. profile image0

Hey, hey...you tired of using your female alter-egos in here, or are you just done with the nappy sex? big_smile

18. profile image0

I'm starting to like this here Maddie Ruud...I've only known her to be this HP staff that just likes to shut down threads, but she's pretty okay, no friggin' kiddin'...

1. profile image50

You mean you never noticed the red hair and sexy smile before, glad you came out of the coma !

Or lifted the eyepatch lol !

2. Maddie Ruud profile image71

I love playing around in the forums, but when things get crazy and people are acting the fool, I get a little tired of moderating things and don't spend much "personal" time here...

Suffice to say, I'm in a good mood today.  Nobody's thrown a hissy fit yet.

1. profile image0

If you want to get a laugh go read what AAA sent my husband about my driving for the insurance. lol

2. profile image0

he he he, sure, I dont hate you for it, its your job, you're paid to do what you do...if I were you, i would be shutting down more threads...you're lenient, even...no friggin' kidding!

3. profile image50

I don't drink on a Tuesday Maddie, deff blame the drink for a lot of the childish behaviour on my part. You deff suit the good mood though, methinks the only fiery on this thread is the fiery redhead !

And I agree, you are lenient which is a good quality !

1. profile image0

aww, you just jealous cos of ma name, badco..he he he..gotta go to bed...its a lively place, as well...k'achi fo...which is to say in african (no such language as african) till the break of dawn...wink

1. profile image50

Lol always my friend, am off to bed myself. K'achi Fo smile

19. profile image0

Maddie is kick arse! you go girl!

20. Beth100 profile image69

Ok, Fiery!  It's time to WAKE UP!!!!  You've slept (or so I assume )  for the past 17 hours (lol).  I've been paitent (much more than Crazd...)  so, where's the new avatar? 

*stirring up trouble again* *grin*  smile

1. profile image0

Here's the new avatar...enjoy it while it lasts...wink

21. profile image0
    rednckwmnposted 14 years ago

Fiery, I hope your eye feels better, and that the eye patch got better results then a red eye. but WHERE ARE YOU!!!! err..BOOM! Where's Fiery? I dont have anybody to stalk....  sad

22. profile image0

Sonic --------->>>>>>BOOM!

23. profile image50
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

Nasty cough ya got there mate smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)