What to do when you get an Editbot a Comment Editbot on your articles?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Mickji profile image72
    Mickjiposted 8 years ago

What to do when you get an Editbot  a Comment Editbot on your articles?

I saw these little robots near all my featured and not featured articles. What does it means? What do I have to change?

2. somethgblue profile image72
    somethgblueposted 8 years ago

As far as I can tell it is there to let you know that there are some misspelled words, bad grammar and questionable sentence structure in  the article.

However what makes absolutely no sense to me, is this includes any comments left on your articles, of which you have no control over besides deleting them.

So if someone leaves a comment with a bunch of misspelled words they're going to show up, now someone will have to explain to me what I'm supposed to do about that.

Hello, anybody home?

1. mybrianthe fixer profile image60
      mybrianthe fixerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I think its another form of control diverting us from what we want to do, making us go back to divert us from what we were really ment to do.More disinfo making us all question what we do how often do we all return to a past mistake regret or word

2. somethgblue profile image72
      somethgblueposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I have actually spent the entire morning going through and correcting all the grammar mistakes, misspellings and poor sentence structure. I even completely reconfigured one hub entirely. I can see the evolution of my writing technique because of it.

3. Mickji profile image72
      Mickjiposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I tried to moderate my own comments, still that doesn't help at all to make the bot disappear or let me modify my own comments

4. somethgblue profile image72

You can't modify your comments or edit them, you just click edit and go to the text capsule and make those corrections, then click finished editing. It's designed to make corrections to your articles.

3. fpherj48 profile image60
    fpherj48posted 8 years ago

The bots, whether due to "corrections" within your hub or your comments, indicate to you JUST THAT.....the corrections have been made...it's DONE.
    The appearance of the little bots, gives us the opportunity to SEE what has been corrected.  That's all.
    Should we not AGREE with a particular correction, we have the option to return things to what they were before being corrected.  (For instance, you may have misspelled a word intentionally as part of what you are writing about.  Get it?)  The bots recognize a misspelled word but do not know WHY it's there, so it corrects it)  eg, In a nonsense poem I wrote, a redneck uses the word, "purdy"  for "pretty."  The bot sees purdy as a misspelled word.....BUT I KNOW WHY IT'S THERE, SO I CAN CHANGE IT BACK. If we have actual errors that have been corrected, we needn't do anything. 
    After we have looked at all that the corrections.....WE needn't do anything.  Once we've checked out the corrections.....the little bot symbols will disappear from our account page. 
    I hope I helped you understand.

1. Sunshine625 profile image86
      Sunshine625posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Effer! You helped me to understand! smile

2. fpherj48 profile image60
      fpherj48posted 8 years agoin reply to this

GF...I helped YOU??!  Wow, that's a switcharoo!!  LOL

3. somethgblue profile image72

Paula did you know that in Ancient Sumeria being consider a Celestial Cow would be considered quite a compliment . . . just saying.

4. fpherj48 profile image60

blue....Do you remember that you promised no more bovine humor or need I remind you?  Consider yourself REMINDED......Love, Effer!

5. somethgblue profile image72

Its no joke, The Celestial Cow is considered a Goddess figure in ancient Sumerian mythology as the giver of life and knowledge. The Annunaki established a Patriarchal (human) society to disparage the Matriarchal  worship of the Celestial Cow.

6. fpherj48 profile image60

Thank you Mr. blue.  I'm sure it's not a joke.  It's just that you seem to connect me to cows!!  Stop that.  I'm sensitive!  LOL

7. somethgblue profile image72

Just trying to enlighten you to the fact that our society has been usurped by a group of Aliens intent on creating a Patriarchal paradigm of war and enslavement while preventing the spiritual evolution of our species through Goddess worship.

8. fpherj48 profile image60

And I have no idea what I'd ever do without your enlightenment.  To think I actually survived before I met you, boggles my mind, blue. Did you just tell me that I'm a goddess & you worship me?  Awwwww

9. somethgblue profile image72

Worshipping my favorite Celestial Cow has been a mooooving experience allowing me to udderly embrace my inner bovine.

10. fpherj48 profile image60

You crack me up.  Had to Laugh out loud at that one, blue. You're a piss pot. Just when I think I'm upset with you, you say the cutest things. (Don't let that go to your oversized head!)

11. Mickji profile image72

You all helped me very much ^-^ The problem is that the icon doesn't disappear once I open my articles ... I think I'm a forever-error user then...

12. somethgblue profile image72

Because of this question and Paula's answer I spent about four hours yesterday eliminating the editbots from about half of the hubs they were linked too. If you go in and correct the mistakes and re-save them, they will disappear.

13. Mickji profile image72

I thank you all! It worked for all my content bot, now they are all disappeared(I always wrote the same wrong word). The comment bot still appear as somethgblue said they cannot be modified

14. fpherj48 profile image60

REPEAT: WE do NOT need to "correct." It's done FOR US. Bots tell us WHERE corrections are. We go in to SEE. If OK, we do nothing! U want it BACK the way it was, change it. If this process is done correctly, THE BOTS WILL DISAPPEAR FROM ACCNT. PG.

15. somethgblue profile image72

Well, they didn't correct it on my articles, are you saying all we have to do is . . . nothing and it makes the correction for us, do we have to approve it some how?

4. mybrianthe fixer profile image60
    mybrianthe fixerposted 8 years ago

might have been my grandson he links mindcraft with everything especialy when i leave my laptop on. ps he is only 5 and autistic but very aware and intuitive

1. somethgblue profile image72

Paula is correct all we have to do is click on the button showing how many corrections and it will do it for us . . . when I grow up I want to be a Texas Longhorn.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)