Y'all Qaeda Armed Take-Over of Federal Building: Why Are American Terrorists Sti

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (29 posts)
  1. wrenchBiscuit profile image68
    wrenchBiscuitposted 8 years ago

Y'all Qaeda Armed Take-Over of Federal Building: Why Are American Terrorists Still Alive?

Compared to the news coverage on Ferguson and Baltimore, there is very little being reported about the armed take over of a federal building in Oregon by terrorists. Why? There is also very little outrage being expressed here on Hubpages. Why? Of course, the answer to both is: RACISM. If these men were Black, Muslim, or "illegal aliens" they would already be dead. But true to the historical record, white violence in this respect is often justified. Many see these miscreants as "Patriots". However, these men have committed an act of treason, and are also accountable under the Patriot Act.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12817886_f260.jpg

2. lisavollrath profile image93
    lisavollrathposted 8 years ago

While I agree that racism accounts for the reason these "patriots" are being called militia rather than terrorists, and why they're still alive and breathing after two days, rather than being gunned down immediately, I also think their stupidity factors into our response.

The Federal building these idiots chose to occupy is in the middle of nowhere, and isn't used much in the winter. It's not in an urban area, or a vital building. They have no hostages, and there are no other people in the area. They're really not a danger to anyone but themselves. The Feds have obviously decided to just wait until they get bored, run out of supplies, or start shooting. Nobody actually cares about what they're doing, or why they're doing it. Even the folks they're supposedly protesting for want nothing to do with them.

I'm fairly certain that if these guys had occupied Portland city hall, they'd have been surrounded by SWAT, and we'd be taking this more seriously. As it is, they're a big joke. And when they finally run out of Cheetos, and surrender, they should be thrown into Federal prison, because even though what they're doing is stupid, and being mocked mercilessly on social media, it's still treason, which is not funny.

wrenchBiscuitposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I agree. Also interesting: Cliven Bundy, (the father) and armed militia members stood down the Feds last year and no one has yet been charged in that incident. Verbal threats against  law enforcement is a crime. These men pointed guns at Fed agents!

3. Levi Legion profile image60
    Levi Legionposted 8 years ago

Are you advocating violence (murder) against people who have thus far committed no violence? If so, do you not see the obvious problem with that?

These men have a Constitutional right to due process and trying for a peaceful resolution to this situation is the right thing to do.

For those who are advocating the immediate murder of these men, what makes you better than a terrorist?

No, I'm advocating truth in advertising. UR the one talking about murder. I would guess UR an American.

2. Levi Legion profile image60
      Levi Legionposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Your statement "Why Are American Terrorists Still Alive?" implies that you think they should already be dead---that is, murdered by the feds. I'm taking issue with people who are advocating the unlawful and unjust murder of American citizens.

3. wrenchBiscuit profile image68

Anyone but a racist would understand when someone is illustrating a double standard. Call up the major of Cleveland.

4. Levi Legion profile image60

Look, I understand what you're saying. I see what you're illustrating. What I'm trying to point out is the unlawful and unjust attitude that the Statist mindset has toward these men. As if it's "only fair" that these guys should be killed as well.

5. wrenchBiscuit profile image68

It is the statist attitude that gives these men a free lunch while murdering 12 year old Tamir Rice in 2 seconds.Threatening to shoot Federal Officials is a Terrorist threat  punishable up to 20 years. 1 year later Cliven Bundy still free.

4. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 8 years ago

I wonder if that ever penetrates their pea-brain minds? They like president, its patriotic. They hate president, it's
    patriotic. They protest it's patriotic. OWS and BLM are filthy scum thugs.God gives miscarriage, it's
    nature's way. Women makes miscarriage, it's murder. Mexican are illegal immigrants, founding dads
    explorers. On and on it goes. I actually think the dad and son got a raw deal....they served their time! But now McBundy and his band of phony patriots have screwed it all up.

Agreed. For 20 years the Bundy's didn't show any concern 4 fellow ranchers. Not until the Feds came to kick them off the welfare rolls. The Hammonds were simply exploited 4 the publicity and to further their own agenda.

2. lovemychris profile image76
      lovemychrisposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yes--altho reading now that Hammond guy slaughtered deer on public property and used a fire to cover it up..he can go to hell as far as I'm concerned. Feds had reason to put him away.

5. Readmikenow profile image93
    Readmikenowposted 8 years ago

Let me explain the reality of this situation. The people who took over the buildings in Oregon are not terrorists.  Why?  Read slowly...the goal of a terrorist is to spread fear within a population.  Their actions are not aimed toward a population.  They are defying the government.  This is called sedition.  Look it up if you're confused. It is actually a form of protest.  People are talking about things they didn't talk about before this happened.  The government is so out of control in Oregon, a man went to jail for collecting rain water on HIS property.  The government there believes they own water that falls from the sky.  This is called government overreach.  Now we're debating this in the national media and other places.  The treatment of these ranchers by the federal government needs to be debated.

The Patriot Act clearly states: "A person engages in domestic terrorism if they influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion". That's exactly what is happening here. Threats have been made and a federal bldg. has been seized.

2. Readmikenow profile image93
      Readmikenowposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Where was the Patriot Act with the rioters in Baltimore and Ferguson?  Why wasn't Michael Brown's step father put in jail? After hearing an officer wouldn't be charged he yelled "Burn this bitch down." Could it be selective application of the Act?

3. wrenchBiscuit profile image68

Riot not syn. with terrorism: see def.. Furthermore, protesting murder with malice and impunity not syn. with greedy whites protesting BLM policy and threatening federal agents. U R an apologist for evil.

4. Readmikenow profile image93

"A person engages in domestic terrorism if they influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion." I think this covers burning down a city, looting and causing millions of dollars of destruction. "Greedy Whites." MY...what a racist.

5. Levi Legion profile image60

Spot on, Readmikenow. Progressives have no qualms about using law selectively to take down their "enemies."

6. wrenchBiscuit profile image68

Your strawman is irrelevant. The rioters were not the principals. The principals in both cases were black, unarmed, and murdered prior to. The principals here are white, armed, and still alive.

7. Readmikenow profile image93

Murdered? Sorry but forensic evidence and witness testimony proved Michael Brown got shot attacking a cop. People in his own neighborhood called him a thug. Why bring up race? As you're a racist, I don't think you can be objective on this issue.

8. wrenchBiscuit profile image68

Since I am also white, it is rather absurd  to suggest such a thing. Being white does not blind me to the evil of white supremacy. I will stand with the black B4 standing with a white racist, or "Patriot".

9. lovemychris profile image76

What witness testimony? Witness 40 a stone-cold racist, FOR REAL, many saw him w hands up,prosecutor working for defense! Read Lisa Bloome 1st eyewitness in SHOCK

10. Readmikenow profile image93

There are MANY sources of witness accounts. Several (according to CNN) admitted lying. This is all public record. Hands up don't shoot didn't happen. There was also no forensic evidence to support claims of murder. These are facts.

11. wrenchBiscuit profile image68

Jethro, there were "many sources" for every lynching that ever occurred. So what? Like I said:,it's a strawman. These men came with guns threating law enforcement. Big difference.

12. Readmikenow profile image93

Goober, show me public records associated with lynchings? Big difference.Yep, they came with guns. Authorities who would have previously dismissed them are now talking to them. No looting, burning of buildings, property destruction. It's different.

13. wrenchBiscuit profile image68

Please, this isn't Stormfront. Could you be a little more original and creative with your insults? Tamir Rice, Michael Brown, Freddie Gray, Eric Garner, Sandra Bland, and Walter Scott weren't burning and looting either. But they were all black.

14. Readmikenow profile image93

Washington Times August 2015. “An analysis released last week shows that more white people died at the hands of law enforcement than those of any other race in the last two years...even as media coverage focus on black victims of police force." ????

15. lovemychris profile image76

Bullony. Much like history, facts in law enforcement belong to the owners. I saw man's video who was with him. Cops got to him. Witness 40 was proven liar and lying...no one cared. Pro police, anti-citizen. But if course,no benefit of doubt if black.

16. wrenchBiscuit profile image68

Gee, maybe because there are more white people? There have also been many whites lynched as well. But it has nothing to do with systemic racism. Your apologies will soon have an internal  corrosive effect . Beware.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)