Would you vote for Hilary Clinton just to have a female president?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)
  1. profile image0
    LoliHeyposted 8 years ago

Would you vote for Hilary Clinton just to have a female president?

Or, do you know anyone who is?  I actually do.  This woman says she wants girls everywhere to be inspired, to know that they can accomplish anything.

2. tsadjatko profile image65
    tsadjatkoposted 8 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12931112_f260.jpg

You misspelled Hilary,

the correct spelling is HI LIAR Y

1. tsadjatko profile image65
      tsadjatkoposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hey Peter,you live in Europe right?How do you like what ISIS(the ones Obama called the JV)did in Brussels?Obama's"effective"mid east policy bringing ISIS to your doorstep?Yeah,his "more effective" mid east policy really doing great things.

3. profile image51
    peter565posted 8 years ago

No, I would vote for her, because she is the better person for the job. 

Although it is kind of funny, that I would say that, because I am actually a misogynist. I grew up with my mum and the experience have not exactly been positive for me and then when I associate with women in real world, it doesn't get better. If generalizing, I find women to be over emotional and irrational and that cause them to screw up and make bad decision, because sometime, you can't afford to be emotional or irrational, while other time it is Ok and the more rational, a person is, the less likely they would do screw up, as a result (e.g. image loosing your temper and punch a guy out of a blind rage, that is no good) but as I said, it is generalizing and I still know a lot of women, who can be very rational when needed.

When I don't know the character of a person, I just about always, prefer giving the important job to a man. But, if I know their character, then what gender they are, doesn't matter to me and right now, I think Hilary have what it take to be a decent President and she would definitely be a better President then Donald Trump, who seem way too emotional and irrational to make a good President.

1. profile image0
      LoliHeyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You have written a good answer.  I am talking about people who would vote for Hilary just because she is female, and nothing else.  They just want to have a female president in the White House.

2. profile image51
      peter565posted 8 years agoin reply to this

smile

3. tsadjatko profile image65

Well Lolihey, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea, people voted for Obama just because he was black&we know how bad that was, maybe people should vote for a woman just because she's a woman and we'll see know just how bad that result will be.

4. profile image0
      LoliHeyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, so what if the country goes to hell in a hand basket? LOL

5. profile image51
      peter565posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I think Obama's policy in the middle east is more effective, if Hilary is elected those policy would most likely continue, as for the economy, just appoint a secretary of state who is good at it, the secretary of state is literally a Prime Minister.

6. tsadjatko profile image65

"Obama's policy in the middle east is more effective" ROFLMAO Yeah for Iran and ISIS, it's been pretty good.

7. profile image58
      Lantokeyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Even if every country on the planet were each ruled by a woman i don't think it would hurt my pride in any way at all. It's getting quite near to the big decision now.

4. roselinsojan profile image59
    roselinsojanposted 8 years ago

Dear friend ,I prefer vote to Hilary ,If her policies are good .

5. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 8 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12712134_f260.jpg

There are many perspectives to this:

(1) There will be people who vote for Hillary Clinton based upon the fact that she is female as there were those who voted for Barack Obama because he is Black.  These people see Hillary Clinton as the new kid on the presidential block so to speak.  They view Hillary Clinton as a fresh breath of air just as they have viewed Barack Obama.  They feel that Ms. Clinton because of her gender will create a new spin in politics.  They feel that she will be a more in-touch, empathetic president because she is female.  Women among these voters feel that they will have a friend in the White House via Ms. Clinton.

(2) There are others who will vote for  Ms. Clinton because she is a Democrat.  These people have always voted Democrat and always will based upon tradition.  They have somehow been imbued with the fact that Democratics have done more for this country than Republicans have and will voted based upon that.

(3) Then there are others who see Ms. Clinton as the lesser of the two evils compared to Donald Trump.  They will vote for Ms. Clinton to prevent Mr. Trump from becoming president.  They have heard what Mr. Trump is going to do to supposedly set the country backwards and see Ms. Clinton as a bulwark against the regression which will occur to this country is Mr. Trump is elected president.

(4) There will be still others who vote for Ms. Clinton because of her political savvy & experience.  They know that Ms. Clinton will get the job done.  They also are cognizant of the fact that Ms. Clinton has extensive political experience working as grunt in various political campaigns as a young women, being the first lady of Arkansas than first lady of the country, senator, and subsequently Secretary of State.  They know that Ms. Clinton has political clout and influence based upon her experience in addition to being a political insider.  They have the confidence that Ms. Clinton would make an excellent president & world leader.

1. tsadjatko profile image65

So what you are saying is all the people in your three scenarios are uninformed, bigoted against men, vote based on feelings ignoring the facts and history of deceit in a candidate, blind to the destruction the Democrats in charge of states

2. tsadjatko profile image65

& cities wreak upon their constituents, don't care if the president(indicted or not)committed felony crimes and has lied all her life, wouldn't even be known in politics today had she not risen on the coat tails of her serial rapist husband.

6. tamarawilhite profile image85
    tamarawilhiteposted 8 years ago

No, because a quality candidate is more important than an affirmative action one.

7. profile image55
    Park Ji Kristenposted 7 years ago

No, because it depends on the personality and how she/he would act in the office

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)