George Zimmerman is "proudly" selling the gun he killed Trayvon Martin with - Th

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (37 posts)
  1. RJ Schwartz profile image87
    RJ Schwartzposted 7 years ago

George Zimmerman is "proudly" selling the gun he killed Trayvon Martin with - Thoughts?

George Zimmerman is auctioning the gun he used to kill Trayvon Martin.
    The post lists the weapon purportedly used to kill Martin at a starting bid of $5,000.

"I am honored and humbled to announce the sale of an American firearm icon," the post says. "The firearm for sale is the firearm that was used to defend my life and end the brutal attack from Trayvon Martin on 2/26/2012."
    The post brags about the gun's popularity, describing it as a "piece of American history" in which museums have expressed interest.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13014540_f260.jpg

2. lions44 profile image94
    lions44posted 7 years ago

I find it disgusting.  He's a complete weirdo and creep.  No matter your stand on the incident, this is a slap in the face to the kid's parents.  Have some dignity.  If the State of Florida had not overcharged him, he would have been convicted on a manslaughter charge and served at least some time in prison.

1. lions44 profile image94
      lions44posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Just found out the gun sale has been pulled.  So at least we have some good news today.

2. tsadjatko profile image65
      tsadjatkoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

He must have read my answer lol

3. RJ Schwartz profile image87
      RJ Schwartzposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It's good that he pulled it....but kind of kills my question.

4. JJ McHale profile image55
      JJ McHaleposted 7 years agoin reply to this

No, Ralph. UR question is fine. Proof he did post the ad & how some of the public reacted. I'd say he's going to take a lot of flack (hopefully) Did no one ever teach that guy anything? No brains, no morals, no sense. I think that spells LOSER.

5. tsadjatko profile image65

I heard on the radio this morning the gun sold for $1,000,000 dollars! If so I wonder if whoever bought it will have it insured for $2,000,000 before it disappears. George won't be gettin much sleep when that happens :-o

6. RJ Schwartz profile image87

The bidding appears to have been hijacked  - get this, a $65 million dollar bid is out there now.  Ironically Gunbroker's websites were overwhelmed with curios lookers yesterday

3. profile image0
    Old Poolmanposted 7 years ago

George Zimmerman has a screw loose in his head.  This idea is beyond disgusting.

4. tsadjatko profile image65
    tsadjatkoposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13014568_f260.jpg

This will be the 2nd biggest mistake of his life. The first was leaving his car the night he called the police on Travon.

Given the crazies involved in the Black lives matter "movement" (not a grass roots movement) which is bought and paid for by radical left wingers I can see the scenario they will have planned for this. Black Lives Matter, just like Occupy Wall Street, is astroturf, fake grass roots movements used by the militant left extensively to help promote their liberal agendas. Read all about it: http://www.aim.org/special-report/reds- … s-matter/.

There are fanatics so caught up in this Black Lives Matter movement that they will arrange to buy that weapon through a proxy that appears to be a legitimate unrelated bidder, the gun will be insured and eventually stolen in a burglary. Months or years later it will be used to murder Zimmerman and the gun will be left at the murder scene to send a message, rekindling racism, hatred, violence, anarchy and the destruction of America, the goals of the left.

Mark my words, it's as plain as black and white.

1. MizBejabbers profile image88
      MizBejabbersposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Wow, never thought of it that way. You may have a good point. We will be waiting to see.

2. tsadjatko profile image65

"never thought of it that way?" Of course not, it takes years of studying the criminal liberal mind (like the Clintons or Obama) to learn how to think like they do.

3. MizBejabbers profile image88
      MizBejabbersposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Tsad, I've been studying the "criminal liberal mind", the criminal conservative mind, and the criminal independent mind as a paralegal and a legal editor for 28 years. Your bias slip is showing.

4. tsadjatko profile image65

Touche,MizB,LOL,then I suppose when you said"I never thought of it that way."you just weren't using that study?&  then when you said"You may have a good point."it just kicked in.Oh well,the gun's withdrawn,guess we won't be waiting to see.

5. profile image0
      LoliHeyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Very ironic...your prediction.  Killed by the same gun he used to kill Martin. Karma!

5. MizBejabbers profile image88
    MizBejabbersposted 7 years ago

I don't know what kind of message he's trying to send unless he is bragging that he killed Trayvon. Of course, he may actually need the money to pay legal bills. He started the fight and should have been given a prison sentence for finishing it. I find it appalling that he is now selling the gun.

1. JJ McHale profile image55

Needs the money? Fine.  Sell Ur damned gun. A psycho shouldn't have a gun anyway. You proved that.  Just don't advertise it like it's an effing TROPHY!  Dirt bag!

6. JJ McHale profile image55
    JJ McHaleposted 7 years ago

We've only begun to experience the enormous outrage of this ignorant move by Crazed idiot, Zimmerman.  If he is not on hard drugs, his only other excuse for pulling this stunt would be his mind is completely gone.
    There can be no doubt the scenario (or some such deal) that Tsad has suggested will become reality.  No doubt.  Those thoughts were the first to enter my mind.  They sure as hell are thoughts going through the minds of particular "angry," hell-bent individuals.  Justifiably so!  This jerk has single-handedly earned every vengeful act inflicted upon him.
    I recently read several articles on this fiasco, written by writers here on HP.  One in particular, which was a letter to Zimmerman (can't recall the name of the female writer) was spot ON!!  She got directly to the point of the matter, which Tsad reiterates here.  This entire thing would be a non-issue, had GZ kept his stupid ass in his truck!  He had NO right whatsoever to stalk & approach.  We'll just see now, won't we?

1. tsadjatko profile image65

The writer of that open letter was Paula, otherwise known as Effer and boy did she get it right.

2. JJ McHale profile image55

Yes, Thanks Tsad. I read a few of her hubs.  She's a damned good writer! Very prolific, clear & matter-of-fact. I recall I got the impression she may be an Attorney or just very "logical" & realistic. I hope she doesn't mind us discussing her

7. WithMetta profile image60
    WithMettaposted 7 years ago

Your title says "proudly" but the quote itself says "honored and humbled." Humility is the opposite or pride. It appears your strong opinion on the auction has led you to write a title so blatantly misleading it may as well be said to contain a lie.

In context=" I am honored and humbled to announce the sale.. the firearm that was used to defend my life and end the brutal attack from Trayvon Martin on 2/26/2012" That sounds pretty proud to me - nice trick taking words out of context.

2. RJ Schwartz profile image87

Thanks for the back up Tsad - Metta, there are many stories on the web about this and some used the word "proud"

3. JJ McHale profile image55

Metta,  Not that you may be "grasping at straws" or reacting in desperation or anything of that nature, right???!!  Really??

8. lisavollrath profile image93
    lisavollrathposted 7 years ago

Although he has every right to sell the gun, the fact that he's exploiting its use in this horrible event in order to profit from it is completely despicable. If he were truly "honored and humbled", he would list it quietly, and not mention the gun's history, or donate it to one of the museums that have expressed interest.

1. RJ Schwartz profile image87

No one ever said he was a smart guy.

He must have thought the highest bidder would be the KKK. !!

3. lisavollrath profile image93
      lisavollrathposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I'm happy to see that the first auction site on which he posted the gun has rejected the listing. A second site also declined to list it today.

4. RJ Schwartz profile image87

I hear another site was approached and they are refusing to list it

9. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 7 years ago

Yet another shining example of what a class act Mr. Zimmerman truly is.
    Excuse me. (vomits)

10. tamarawilhite profile image85
    tamarawilhiteposted 7 years ago

Notice how the media keeps using the picture of a baby faced 12 year old for Trayvon Martin, instead of the 6 foot tall muscled young adult he was when he attacked and tried to kill Zimmerman.
    At least this debate is admitting Martin did violently assault Zimmerman. The criminal record Martin has as a thief is too conveniently overlooked by the left - they just slot in black kid good, white guy bad, no matter the real circumstances.
    Because of the "white guy bad" (I know Zimmerman is half hispanic and part black) narrative, he has trouble finding work and repeatedly harassed. So he's selling the gun to try to make money to pay his bills. And if that's what he has to do after the smear campaign by race hustlers that only care about blacks when killed by cops or non-blacks, so be it.

The black community needs to start caring about the 90% of blacks killed by other blacks at a rate several times higher than whites killing whites. And they can end a lot of negative stereotypes of their community by addressing the fact that black kids are MANY times more likely to attack or kill a white than the other way around, including the knockout game / polar bear hunting that aims to hurt whites for fun.

So this guy selling a gun to pay his bills is a no big deal, while the "blame whitey" that made it necessary is one of the major problems the black community has to fix to be able to be true equals in today's society. That, and stop killing each other and other people so much.

I think if this guy has trouble finding work&is harassed it likely has nothing to do with a"whiteguybad"narrative but everything to do with the fact he is a total loser in every respect.Just read his antics sinceTravon's death.&nowagunsale?

T.W. Not a single eye or ear "witness" to any attack, much less "violent" Trayvon's goal was to get to his Dad's. Y was GZ out of his truck? This is re: This crime, not blk on blk. What's ur game? a little racism? Just say so.

3. profile image0
      LoliHeyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Both parties were losers.  Zimmerman may have done what he needed to do, but he does have a few screws loose.

11. profile image0
    LoliHeyposted 7 years ago

It's very inappropriate.  Why would he think people would want to own the gun that killed Trayvon Martin?  No matter what Trayvon was like, or what really happened, the weapon does not need to be exploited--it's very disrespectful to his memory and to his family.  Are there really people out there who want to brag that they own this gun, like it is some kind of trophy?  Zimmermann needs to get over himself.

12. RJ Schwartz profile image87
    RJ Schwartzposted 7 years ago

George claims to have sold the gun for $100,000....

If so he is doubly stupid, done right he could have made more than that and without drawing negative attention. Whoever bought it from him better be sure to have it authenticated!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)