Do you think the Intelligence Briefing Committee told Donald Trump-that Obama is

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Shyron E Shenko profile image68
    Shyron E Shenkoposted 7 years ago

Do you think the Intelligence Briefing Committee told Donald Trump-that Obama is not doing his job?

Trump said the Intelligence Briefing Committee indicated to him via 'body language' that President Obama, Hillary Clinton and John Kerry do not follow their advice and they are doing a terrible job.
    Do you really believe the Intelligence Briefing Committee would do that as Trump said?

2. profile image54
    peter565posted 7 years ago

If Obama isn't doing his job, the country would no longer function and consider the US is currently the global leader, US President play a even more unique role, many other President of other countries, don't have to do. (Although I know for a fact between 14th~17th century, China had the same executive government structure as modern US and the reason it was similar is because George Washington reference the then Chinese, to decide how the US executive branch of the government should be. Although it was recorded, some Chinese Emperor of the time, leave running the country to the Secretary of State and his Chief of Staff and the only thing he do is sign executive order, upon advice of Secretary of State and Chief of Staff, but I don't see any US President, not doing his job, otherwise he would be absent from politics.)

Shyron E Shenkoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Peter, I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question!  Thank you for the history lesson.

2. Au fait profile image84
      Au faitposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I really don't think briefings include internal gossip to outsiders about any officials or anyone else in government.  Doubtful that they share any personal opinions of the sitting prez, good or bad.  No thinking person would believe they would.

3. fpherj48 profile image61
      fpherj48posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Amen, CR...which IMHO is merely further proof that politicians truly think the American voter is just as dumb as dirt. I'm so sick of us being insulted daily. Yes, there R the "uninformed" but THEY AREN'T THE ONES LISTENING!!  WE are!

3. bravewarrior profile image87
    bravewarriorposted 7 years ago

No, I don't. I saw the forum on TV last night. Trump did not substantiate anything he said, whereas Clinton gave detailed answers to each of the questions posed to her, including those that questioned her integrity and judgment.

To me, Trump came off as very uneducated, unpolished, arrogant, and evasive. It's highly unlikely the Intelligence Briefing Committee would tell Trump - or anyone, for that matter - what he claimed. I'm not the most educated person when it comes to politics, but wouldn't that be considered a form of treason?

Trump really proved himself to be a chump last night. I didn't want to vote for Hillary, but there's no way in hell I'd even think about putting Trump in office.

Thank you Shauna, I saw the same thing but, wondered if anyone believed his BS about the Briefing. He implied he was told things that Hillary was not, that he personally is in the know, above everyone else. Blessings dear friend.

Shyron, if anything, I'm sure they told him as little as possible.  The Mouth, you know?  Trump is playing to the racist, sexist, uninformed, GULLIBLE crowd, so of course he claims inside info.  Who else but the Gullible "muggles" would believe him?

3. Shyron E Shenko profile image68

Au fait, thank you for the comment. This is to bring out how much Trump can be trusted to spill the beans should he be given a plate of them. And some people think we should hand him the presidency.

4. bradmasterOCcal profile image51
      bradmasterOCcalposted 7 years agoin reply to this

can you give examples with specifics of Clinton vs Trump statements?

5. Shyron E Shenko profile image68

Yes, I could but 250 characters does not allow for posting all that information. You need to do your own research and decide for yourself and not rely on others to do the research for you.

4. always exploring profile image76
    always exploringposted 7 years ago

Absolutely not. President Obama is their commander and chief and they highly respect him, because he listens to the people who are in the know. You can be sure that Trump wasn't told anything that would hurt our effort in the middle east. They all know how dumb he is and wouldn't hesitate to blab it to Putin. ( Since they are such friends ) Trump is such a liar!

Ruby, you are absolutely right, no one in their right mind would indicated anything about our President to this evil man.  No one knows what trash he has already told Putin. Yes trump is a liar!
      Blessings and hugs dear friend.

Trump is a blue-ribbon blabber for sure.  I don't think anything sensitive was shared with him.  Most things are on a need to know basis, and until Trump becomes pres., he doesn't need to know, --  & likely never will need to know.

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image51

Ruby
      I bet you were something in hs

5. fpherj48 profile image61
    fpherj48posted 7 years ago

OK....Let me understand this:   Trump said WHO did WHAT to indicate that who, who & who  do not do what??
    Shyron, Trump actually moved his lips & used his voice & words in public to say that~~~~ the Intelligence Briefing Committee "indicated to him via body language"  that Obama, Clinton & Kerry do not follow their advice.......??
    Do I BELIEVE the IBC would do this? (you want to know)
    Hmmm.  only if what this committee normally does with the candidates is go into a room and everyone plays a game of charades hosted by Intelligence Director, James Clapper..... & one of the categories is "Things that piss off the Intelligence Committee"   and Trump was the first to guess that they were indicating "via charades," that Obama, Hillary & Kerry are "doing a terrible job"....and Donald guessed that before the buzzer went off. 
    But don't forget, they still have to return tomorrow for the lightening round to see who really knows the answer!   Ahhhh and BTW, in a manner of speaking....."doing a terrible job" is a signature comment that Donald Trump uses repeatedly to reference whoever he's maligning at the moment.  Trust this, that is not a phrase used by anyone on the IBC and certainly NOT in reference to the POTUS.  (Jesus help me )
    No, Shyron, I wouldn't believe this for a moment.  What I do believe at this point is that as seriously adverse as I am to Hillary, Donald is becoming more and more unimpressive to me....by the hour!

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image51

What does impress you Paula. You have one of two choices, make one. Otherwise, what is your point. That is why we have been in decline since the 70s, and bottomed in 2008, and now we skip along the bottom. More of the same or take a chance on Trump.

2. Yossarian22 profile image61
      Yossarian22posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Brad, do you gamble away your life savings on things you think you should "take a chance on"? How can you listen to Trump's thousands of lies and think, Yea, I'm voting for this clown because he is NOT OBAMA!

3. fpherj48 profile image61

Apparently Yss22 & I sent comnts at the same time. His shows, mine got doesn't. What I said was, UR absolutely correct Brad. I won't argue UR point. I DO need to make a choice. Frankly, Yoss made it 4 me. YES, I'm voting 4 DT cuz he's not Hillary

4. fpherj48 profile image61

Taking a chance is what we do anytime we vote. It's 'what' we base that chance on. Politics has always been a gamble (game.)  Where have U been Yoss? We can believe what we're voting 4 & then we shall see, right? only 2 choices. Brad's right make

5. Shyron E Shenko profile image68

Thank you Paula for your answer to my question.  I really appreciate you.
      Blessings my friend

6. wingedcentaur profile image64
    wingedcentaurposted 7 years ago

Hi Shyron E. Shenko! How's it going?

It strikes me that in order to even begin to take Mr. Trump's assertion seriously, we would have to assume that his credibility is even with that of Mr. Kerry, Secretary Clinton, President Obama, and the "Intelligence Briefing Committee," which may or may not be the CIA, as I understand.

Then, having established this "level playing field" of credibility, it would be appropriate to give credence to statements made by Mr. Trump, about any of the aforementioned entities.

Do you follow me?

There is one thing, in my mind, that leaves Mr. Trump severely handicapped in terms of credibility. We should never, ever, ever forget that it was Mr. Trump who, a few years back, tried to turn the Presidential election process into a W.W.E.-type circus by demanding to see President Obama's birth certificate.

It's one thing to vehemently disagree with someone. Its one thing to strongly oppose someone else's political philosophy and policy positions; but it is quite another to demonstrate contempt for the office of the President of the United States of America itself.

I recommend we file such assertions under Mr. Trump's W.W.E. Tricks.

Also, (and help me out here) isn't Mr. Trump the one who put his foot in his mouth regarding soldiers caught by the enemy as POWs? Wasn't that him? And didn't he directly insult Senator John McCain? My memory's a bit fuzzy.

And, let's really speculate and assume what he says is true! If Mr. Trump's assertion is true, then I would have a hard time trying to figure out who was acting more like an immature 13-year-old.

Think about it. Suppose the Intelligence Briefers did signal Mr. Trump with body language, one would have to find that kind of unprofessionalism nothing less than stunning; and one would have to seriously wonder how "our side" managed to win the Cold War.

That said, for Mr. Trump to actually tell us about it... well, one would have to find his propensity to gossip under such circumstances quite stunning. One would truly have to be concerned about the integrity and functionality, as well as the seriousness of American institutions.

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image51

Benghazi credible, ISIL credible, Syria Credible, Iran Credible, N Korea Credible, pick one that is a positive. The new ISIL commander, the enemy, was trained by our state department in anti terrorism. Check it out, don't believe me.

2. Yossarian22 profile image61
      Yossarian22posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Benghazi - Hillary is not responsible, ISIL - same, Iran - same, N. Korea? - Trump's favorite dictator. Osama Bin Laden was trained by our state dept. WTF is your point, Brad? You're just a conspiracy theorist nut?

3. Shyron E Shenko profile image68

brad, you are not answering the question, I want to know if anyone really believes that IBC would tell/indicate to Mr. Trump their thoughts or feelings as Mr. Trump said they did.
      No I do not believe you and I did my research!!

7. tamarawilhite profile image87
    tamarawilhiteposted 7 years ago

The committee doesn't have to say that - many people already see it as obvious when the President and Ms. Clinton deny that Muslim fundamentalists shouting "Allah is greater" while killing non-Muslims per the Koran's commandments and the founder's example have anything to do with Islam.

ms. wilhite, I did not ask a question about Muslim fundamentalist, the Koran or Islam.  Bet you just made this garbage up too.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)