Ukraine admits meddling into our election - what actions should take place?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (42 posts)
  1. RJ Schwartz profile image88
    RJ Schwartzposted 7 years ago

Ukraine admits meddling into our election - what actions should take place?

Ukrainian government officials tried to help Hillary Clinton and undermine Trump by publicly questioning his fitness for office. They also disseminated documents implicating a top Trump aide in corruption and suggested they were investigating the matter, only to back away after the election. And they helped Clinton’s allies research damaging information on Trump and his advisers, a Politico investigation found.

Ukrainian efforts had an impact in the race, helping to force Manafort’s resignation and advancing the narrative that Trump’s campaign was deeply connected to Ukraine’s foe, Russia.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13362005_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Old Poolmanposted 7 years ago

If they were trying to help Clinton it is pretty obvious their efforts failed.  They picked the wrong horse in this race and I would be really curious why that would be?  Perhaps they had some dealings with Clinton we don't know about?

If we look at this from the right angle, they didn't really do anything we haven't done to many other countries.  They got caught, the election is over, and nothing we could do would make it un-happen or not happen again.

The real issue is that the behind the scenes corruption is far more extensive than we can even imagine.  Promises are made in return for favors or money, and this was most like due to something Hillary promised them if she won the election.

I guess we could get Obama to shake his finger at them and tell them not to ever do it again.

1. lovemychris profile image77
      lovemychrisposted 7 years agoin reply to this

or we could just deny it ever  happened, and then when denial is no longer possible, say "oh well, so what? look at all the good it did!"
      usa usa usa

3. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 7 years ago

ha! the dossier was started by republican ops! when r the hearings??????

1. profile image0
      Old Poolmanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Leslie, everyone I know and talk to is part of the 15% you referred to.  I think you might be part of the minority rather than the majority in your thinking.  I wish just one liberal could tell us exactly what it is they are so afraid of.

2. RJ Schwartz profile image88
      RJ Schwartzposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Jobs Mike....real work is kryptonite to liberals.

no, not really.the majority voted dem. the majority want gun control, gvt run healthcare, safe and legal abortions, planned parenthood, freedom to love who we want..legally.no church running our country.we are ruled by a minority who rig the system.

4. profile image0

Leslie, are you and the rest of the libs convinced you are going to lose all these things that are so important to you?  Obamacare is broken and all they want to do is make it better, not make it go away.  Why exactly do you not want this to happen?

5. lovemychris profile image77

umm, do you KNOW paul ryan?unless hes been lying all these years,he does not want to improve aca,he wants it gone.unless i read wrong, he wants block grants to states with limited money and caps on benefits.this spells death.and OFCOURSE, defund pp

6. profile image0

Leslie, I think Trump outranks Paul Ryan and Trump wants to fix it, not throw it out.  I have never head that Paul Ryan just wanted to dump it completely.  That would never fly with Congress anyhow.

7. lovemychris profile image77

THIS congress? they voted to repeal it 60 times! you have more faith in them then i do. and if it was all dem, ill bet you would have no faith at all....seeing as how you have offered to pay our tickets out of america.

8. profile image0

Even as bad as Obamacare is, do you really think America would stand for any President or Congress getting rid of what we have without putting something better in its place?  That is why they say repeal and replace instead of just repeal.

9. lovemychris profile image77

its trump who is demanding repeal..hes not worried about the replace, IMO. "itll happen the same day"...oh really? nice to toy w peoples lives that way, cause if it just needs tweaking, then why repeal? this is another stomping on obama, nothing more

10. profile image0

I could be wrong but I think because of the way it is written it would have to be repealed before it could be replaced.  Somehow or other it can't just be tweaked to fix it because of the law.

11. lovemychris profile image77

but why? why do it? obama didnt come around and erase all of gw bush! (tho i wanted him to)...
      why is this an imperative?

12. profile image0

Because it isn't working.  People have insurance but don't go to the doctor because they  can't afford the co-pays.  My own coverage costs doubled this year.  It is not about Obama, it is about fixing a system that doesn't work as is.

13. lovemychris profile image77

well, how about instead of obstructing, republicans co-operate. join the state exchanges, accept medicare re-embursements, BUILD on aca, instead of tearing it down?? know why?politics.people will suffer and die for gd politics. its on u#notmyamerica

14. profile image0

It sure seems like we could fix it but I don't know the rules.  It will be interesting to see what they come up with.  I know it won't just go away so don't worry about that.

15. Misfit Chick profile image75
      Misfit Chickposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hipocracy is rampant everywhere. Liberals LIKE jobs, isn't that why you keep referring to us as 'elitists'? Lots of tech people with high-paying jobs (and other white collar jobs) R anti-Trump. Research Trump's campaign with the same fervor.

4. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image61
    Dont Taze Me Broposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13362074_f260.jpg

Did you see this? Chewbacca was recently arrested in Odessa, Ukraine, for driving Darth Vader to the polls in the US.

Supposedly if you can believe Politico Ukraine officials were worried that their relationship with the US could change under Trump, whose team Politico says has privately expressed sentiments ranging from ambivalence to deep skepticism (politico's interpretation) about Poroshenko’s regime, while sounding unusually friendly notes about Putin’s regime (politico's interpretation).

But despite Politico's "research" Poroshenko’s administration, along with the Ukrainian Embassy in Washington, insists that Ukraine stayed neutral in the race. Don't fool yourself into thinking the US hasn't interfered in elections in foreign countries, even allies like Israel.

Bottom line is who cares. Russia and/or Ukraine, we live in a new and evolving world where such interference can be a good thing. It can scare political operatives, parties and campaigns into becoming squeaky clean and honest in everything they say and do because who knows what new technology will reveal their own lies, behind the scene cohorting with media to deceive and manipulate the electorate.

It could just make parties like the liberal democrat party of today extinct because as we have witnessed first hand they can't succeed even in their own primary without dirty tactics and behind the scenes cheating and manipulation. Extinct because without dishonesty, the core of their ideology, they have no policies to offer that anyone would desire. Don't listen to them, look at the results of any liberal policy that has ever been implemented.

Liberals have no answer for the truth, the facts that I am sharing about them and their ideology, except to try to paint me and anyone who points these things out as mean spirited, intolerable, racist, making ad hominem attacks, whatever they can conjure up...except the truth which is that I am telling it like it is and somebody has to. PERIOD.

1. profile image0

Dang that was a great comment!!!

2. lovemychris profile image77

im calling bull. if it was donalds campaign, or rnc stolen info plastered all over, and fbi releasing info about trump investigation, not hillary's, and hillary won, we'd be having another election.

3. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image61
      Dont Taze Me Broposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Well Mike thanks, at least you got to say it before Leslie ruined it!

4. lovemychris profile image77

how can i ruin it? its your world view.its shared by maybe 15%.maybe.you just have to remember that other people have different views, just as strong as yours,and yours are not better,or more true.try using imo at the end.you'll feel better.god bless

5. RJ Schwartz profile image88

Leslie, you are wrong so often I bet you can't even identify facts anymore.  The fact that a foreign government trying to influence our elections happens all the time...George Soros is another influencer

6. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image61

Leslie your presence on Hub pages is like the Hub Pages literary equivalent of the Candiru fish of the amazon basin. When you comment you ruin informed, factual honest debate.

5. tamarawilhite profile image85
    tamarawilhiteposted 7 years ago

Obama meddled in Israel's last election.
    Clinton armed ISIS to try to take out Assad in Syria, had Quadaffi in Libya killed, President of Yemen ousted, removed a secular dictator in Egypt and saw the Muslim Brotherhood terrorist group elected.
    No, we shouldn't do anything to any other nation because Trump's election was a refutation of the Democrats' warmongering, corruption and elitism.

trump wants to move embassy to jerusalem, has nominated a pro-settlement advocate as ambassador to israel, has son-in-law settlement funder as advisor, you cant get anywhere is us politics without aipac,and people mad cause obama spoke out?unbalanced

2. tamarawilhite profile image85
      tamarawilhiteposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Muslims will hate Jews even if Israel ceases to exist. No point in appeasing Muslims whose whose goal is extermination of Jews ... before moving on to Christians and other non-Muslims.

3. RJ Schwartz profile image88

Leslie - isn't it the President's prerogative to handle foreign affairs in the best interest of America?  I think many people see this as a positive move.

4. lovemychris profile image77

only zionists like the move...you know, the nwo. palestine is being wiped out, not israel. and since when does the right give prezident perogative for anything? all theyve done for 8 years is insult, belittle and smear. they put foreign leaders above

6. DougClifton profile image61
    DougCliftonposted 7 years ago

There is no evidence that Russia or the Ukraine hacked into our electoral systems and changed the course of our elections. Hillary running around using a cellar server to send/rec classified info and the DNC not protecting their own computers is the real crime and the rest is partisan politics mostly by the media and Democratic Party.

donald trump takes phone calls from world leaders on his cell phone...pm of australia got his number from a golf buddy....enough with this double standard of misogyny. fbi failing to investigate the hacking is the crime. breibart boyz. lock em up

2. profile image0

Leslie, are you saying that Trump sends or receives classified information on his cell phone?  If so can you prove that?  If not I don't really see a problem with it.

any talk with foreigm leader is classified. who knows what he bleats about? but if its ok with you that hes careless, so be it. just dont slam others.rice, powell, chaffets, gowdy, the rnc....etc.

4. profile image0

Really Leslie, any talk with foreign leaders is classified?  Where did you get that information?

5. RJ Schwartz profile image88

Leslie, once again you've opened your mouth very wide and stuck your foot into it up to your knee - if talking to foreign leaders is classified then Hillary and her Clinton Crime Foundation would be imprisoned forever

6. lovemychris profile image77

not for lack of trying. its all your boyz did for 8 years, besides take vacations and vote themselves pay raises. and now? now chaffetts is planning on going after obama and clinton again. but cant be bothered with trumps russian ties and conflicts.

7. profile image0
    Review Wizardposted 7 years ago

a real mess democracy has forced world into.

1. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image61

Yeah, the world should be run by dictators who have little respect for human rights.That would fix the mess.Pick one.North Korea, Iran, Cuba, Syria, China, Russia wait 1/2 the world is run by them https://planetrulers.com/current-dictators/

2. profile image0

Shafqat, your comment makes me wonder why so many risk their very lives to sneak into our democratic way of life.  Could it be they don't like it where they are currently living?

3. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image61

No Mike, that can't be it. Nowadays it's because they want to terrorize and bring down the Great Satan!

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)