I'd like feedback on my article: The Ultimate Guide to get more blog traffic...

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (36 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Qhammadposted 6 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article The Ultimate Guide to get more blog traffic (22 Tips inside) (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

2. Jeremy Gill profile image92
    Jeremy Gillposted 6 years ago

Here are some tips:

1) Proofread. The second sentence has its first word not capitalize, and there are further errors and awkward sentences (like the poll's option of "No, I don't have").
    2) Caption your images. Additionally, a few more sprinkled throughout would help break the long blocks of text.
    3) For subpoints, like under you "Content is King" section, I'd bold the subpoints or put them in a bulleted list; don't give them their own capsule heading.
    4) We're discouraged from titling capsules "Conclusion".

First things first. Proofread and go from there.

1. profile image0
      Qhammadposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much for your time and for evaluating my article Jeremy. I started to freak out as I didn't know what I am supposed to do. its hard to figure out what you need to exactly change if you wrote the article because if your wrote it you would see it perfect.
      I will go through all the points you mentioned and I will try to fix it.
      Thanks again.
      For Hubpages team, if a moderator will be reviewing my first articles it would be really really helpful if the moderator can mentioned what is the things that needs to be changed.

1. Jeremy Gill profile image92
        Jeremy Gillposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome! For just about any article, proofreading is what most new Hubbers are reluctant to do. I think we fear reading what we write and seeing it as not good enough, but reviewing your work is absolutely vital; I catch at least 3 errors in each article I've written before publishing thanks to proofreading.

1. profile image0

I totally agree with you, I am editing my article now and i found couple of errors and even I am trying to make more scannable and readable. Thanks to your support.

3. aesta1 profile image91
    aesta1posted 6 years ago

You have written all the possible tips here, you just need to edit your article. I use Grammarly, the free version to edit my writing and I find it helpful enough. The internet is overloaded with writing on this topic so you need to have something new to add to get this noticed especially because you're competing with those who have long ago established their credibility on blogging. I wish you the best.

1. profile image0

Thank you so much Aesta, i really appreciate your time. Grammarly is a very good tip and I will start using it. I agree with you that this topic is overloaded with this topic. Actually 4 years back I used to have my own blog and such topics was published at my article but couple of years back I got really busy and stopped following the blog and its dead. So i started here on hubpages and hopefully my articles will help other members to keep their blogs. Wish you a very great day.

1. theraggededge profile image97
        theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

If you have published this material before, it may be showing up as duplicate content. That could be the problem.

1. profile image0

Hi, Thanks for your feedback, the content has been published before on my blog but since my blog is dead 2-3 years back the content has not been published on any other place and I made sure to check for duplicate copies before I decide to post the content again. The issue is that the hub score was 62 yesterday and when I tried to improve the hub by fixing the typo errors and by making the article more readable and scannable. After submitting again the hub again is not accepted and the score dropped 57. Although all the hours I spent to fix it the hub score dropped.

You've definitely made some formatting improvements, but there's still work to be done, especially proofreading. Your second sentence is "who doesn't want to get huge traffic to his blog or website?"and the word "who" needs to be capitalized. Be sure to read through the entire article and correct such instances.

1. profile image0

Thanks again Jeremy, I will go through word by word and spend more time proofreading. however, after the initial changes, I was expecting to get higher hub score and the fact that my hub score decreased little bit discouraged me.

It'll probably come up again at some point; scores fluctuate, so try not to worry about their small changes. Once your article is improved, it may gradually increase, but for now focus on getting featured.

2. profile image0

Thanks Jeremy, you have been very helpful.

4. profile image0

I have gone through fellow hubber recommendations and edit the article with their comments in mind. Submitted the hub again for publication but again received the same error and the hub score remained the same. Any idea what really should be changed to increase the hub score to be published.

I would appreciate if the moderator who checked the article will give the exact things that need to be improved in the article. All the changes that I have done in the article made it worse. The article had a score of 62 and now after changes is 57. so instead of keep making the article worse pointing out the exact things that need to be improved will be much easier.

5. profile image0

I have been following all the recommended changes and done a lot of edits and improvements and tried to publish the article many time but still it's not featured. I checked the spelling using 3 different application but its still not enough for improvement. I don't understand what is exactly required to change to get the hub published.

It's possible that the moderators have deemed it a 'saturated topic'. You have to offer ideas that aren't commonly known.

Also remove the numbering from your subheadings. It isn't necessary. Also the colons. Keep your subheadings clean. Be consistent with capitalization and formatting, for example "Questions & Answers sites" should be 'Questions and Answer Sites' or 'Q&A Sites'.

Go right through your article as capitalization is an issue. "There are hundreds of website directories available online both Paid and free..." Why is 'paid' capitalized? Why is 'email' capitalized? Why is 'guest post'? If you are unsure then read up on the rules of capitalization. Don't guess. Only the word at the beginning of a sentence and proper nouns (names of people, companies, countries, etc.) should have a capital letter.

1. profile image0

Hi,
        Thank you so much for your feedback. it's really appreciated. I will double check the points that you have mentioned and hopefully this time the hub will get published.
        If the moderator has marked the hub as saturated topic shouldn't be mentioned instead of mentioning needs improvement. This way I will know that there is no hope to publish the article and I will move to another subject which might get published. Anyway lets see if it will get published after the changes.

They can't write a personal email to everyone. There are hundreds of hubs written every day. Most of the time, articles are quickly scanned and a form email sent.

Hubpages provides tons of guidance on how to write a high quality article in the Learning Center. Follow the links by clicking on Help at the top of any page.

1. profile image0

Hi, I am not suggesting to send a personal email to everyone. I am suggesting to mark the hub as topic saturated instead of needs improvement, this will give me an indication that it will not be published and that I should focus on writing another hub with different topics.
            I have taken a look at the help and will double check again.

6. profile image0

Hi All,

I have done some further updates to the article and submitted the article but it didn's pass the QAP processor. A moderator suggested proofreading the article. I have been using Hubpages spelling check, Grammerly, and MS Word and I don't seem to find any further mistakes. Any help to proofread the article and see if there is still any mistakes.

Can't see it. The original link doesn't work and it's not visible on your profile. Is there a link in the last email you received?

1. profile image0

Hi,
        Please check below link, it's not published so you must be logged in to see it
        https://hubpages.com/technology/The-Ult … affic-Tips

1. DrMark1961 profile image97
          DrMark1961posted 6 years agoin reply to this

I am logged in but it is still coming up as "page not found."

1. profile image0

Thanks for checking. I am not sure why it's not available. I can see it.

Of course you can, it's your hub. But we can't if it isn't published. Hubpages provides a special URL to enable other hubbers to view an unpublished hub (hence the requirement to be logged in). You'll have to click the link in the email to start a new thread. Just like you did before.

1. profile image0

Hi, I used the link in their last email and I have opened a new thread.
                Below is a link to the new thread.

https://hubpages.com/community/forum/33 … og-traffic

2. profile image0

Is it possible that a moderator could set the article to be seen only by me? How I can share the article with you guys. As I have tried on my own and I don't see any mistakes. Maybe there are some mistakes which I don't recognize because I am not a native English speaker.

7. Beth Eaglescliffe profile image93
    Beth Eaglescliffeposted 6 years ago

There's no need to open a second thread. It clutters up the feed with duplicate posts. Post your new link here.

https://hubpages.com/technology/The-Ult … 7sbiiz9er4 There I've added it for you.

(The other thread can now get deleted.)

1. profile image0

Hi Beth,
      I have shared the Link to the article here. the article link didn't change but DrMark & theraggededge is not able see the article

8. Beth Eaglescliffe profile image93
    Beth Eaglescliffeposted 6 years ago

Yes, I know that, but you have also started a new thread which should now be deleted as it clutters up the feed.

1. profile image0

Sorry for that, I just followed the recommendation from theraggededge.

1. Beth Eaglescliffe profile image93
        Beth Eaglescliffeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Oops! We're both trying to be helpful, and sometimes our ideas get crossed.

Theraggededge is a well respected Hubber. She will give you lots of good advice on how to improve hubs that are not yet featured.

1. profile image0

Hi Beth,
          I Know, and I really appreciate both of you for your time and for being very helpful. What I meant is that I didn't plan to have a duplicate thread with no value, I just tried the recommendation to see if the article will be viewable to other hubbers as I can't tell by myself since I can see my hub.

9. theraggededge profile image97
    theraggededgeposted 6 years ago

Yes, it was my fault. I couldn't see any other way for him to get the article link here. Wasn't sure if he could copy the link from the email - it has to come through as a forum post afaik.

Okay, well, I'll go through it.

The title is still not in title case, neither does it flow. This is what I would write: 22 Tips To Get More Traffic to Your Blog

There is some awkward phrasing, and it's difficult to pick up, I know. Let me give you an example using your introductory paragraph.

"Traffic! Who does not want to get huge traffic to his blog or website? Traffic can help you reach your business goals by getting more customers, more blog readers, and more money by converting your traffic or leads to customers. Although your main traffic source should always be organic traffic from search engines, it's as important to have more than one method or way of generating traffic."

"Who wouldn't want more traffic to their blog or website? Traffic helps you reach your business goals by getting more readers. More readers means more customers. And more customers means higher earnings. Your main source of traffic should be via search engines, but it's important to have more than one way of generating traffic."

Try to avoid using unnecessary words. I keep saying it, but more words does not equate to better writing. Weed them out.

Watch out for rogue capitalisation. I think I mentioned it before. If the words 'search engine' begins a sentence then it is written thus: Search engines always update... If they appear in the middle of a sentence, it is always, "maintain your blog or website traffic if you are hit by a search engine update." Lower case. Also note that I removed 'being', and added an 'a'.

Check again for wrongly capitalised words. Only proper nouns, like people's names, company names, and places should begin with a capital letter. Words like 'backlink' should not.

Recheck your subtitles for capitalisation.

Remove the subtitle from the video capsule. It's unnecessary.

"They say Content is King" should be "They say 'content is king', and they are right."

Do you want your bullet points capitalised, or not? Decide which, and be consistent.

Change the poll. It's a nothing question.  Who cares about the answer? Ask something like: Do you optimize your content for search engines? and add a third possible response:

1. Yes, I do try to optimize my web content for search engines.
    2. No, but I'm learning how to do it.
    3. I don't understand any of this stuff.

I always like to add that third option as a bit of fun.

Don't mention HubPages and don't link to an internal Help page. Your aim is to get your article moved to a niche site. Your readers won't understand what you are referring to. Plus, you shouldn't link to a Hubpages.com site from a niche site at all, so don't bother putting it there in the first place.

Make sure you give a brief explanation when using terms such as meta description.

Okay, I have to stop there or this will be way too long.

You've done a huge amount of work on this and it's looking much better. It's just a question of tweaking it until it gets featured.

Good luck.

1. profile image0

Thank you so much for your time you spent reviewing my article. You have done more than what you should do and I really can't thank you enough.
      And I thought that my article is perfect and free of errors but it seems there is a major tweak that I have to do. I will go through your suggested changes and hope to make the article of much better quality.

10. profile image0

Hi All,

Thank you so much for your time and valuable inputs. The article is now published and featured.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)