Where Are The Feminists for Trump Women ?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (37 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 5 years ago

Where are the feminists ..............?

For fifty years we have listened to feminists whine about their issues , the dissing in the media , sexual exploitation ,  employment issues , the latest "Me Too ", yet  where are they in this latest unheard of amount of disgraceful female disrespect of White House women by comedians etc , and by the media ?

Where Are You Feminists ?.................................................?

1. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Like I am going to come to the rescue of an of "Uncle Tom" even if he is black? Let us make points worthy of anyone beyond puberty, feminism is not just merely defined as "being a woman", it is a set of ideas and principles that generally sail over the heads of rightwinger types.

1. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes -As long as those "   ideas and principles ".......are on the left and don't involve a conservative woman .
        There is no hypocrite worse than the one who claims otherwise.

1. Credence2 profile image78
          Credence2posted 5 years agoin reply to this

As far as conservatives are concerned "those ideas" are "Left", by definition.

1. profile image0

Yes , I can immediately tell but looking at the white house staff that Trump hates women ......Sarah Huckabee Sanders  , Kelly Ann Conway ,  CIA director , Education sec. ,  Top advisors .?

Oh thats right ,they are real individual women leaders and not the group so popular to liberals ?

2. Live to Learn profile image60
        Live to Learnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Are those ideas,truly, feminist in nature? Do they honestly push forward the idea of equality? I say no. They are typical rabble rousing, put upon me, look at me I'm the fist raising minority arguments.

When we look past gender in order to make our decisions we are truly free. As women. Other minorities need to look beyond their minority status in order to achieve the same goal.

1. profile image0

A REAL woman of strength is a sight to behold , except I suppose for the group thought ideology of the "all inclusive left "  , just don't wander outside of that safety group box and become an independent individual ? 

Like Kelly Ann Conway for instance .

1. profile image0
            PrettyPantherposted 5 years agoin reply to this

She's a sight to behold, alright. She invented the term "alternative facts" while twisting and contorting to explain how Spicey didn't lie about inauguration crowd size. It was a sight to behold, just not a pretty sight.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

Feminists only support women they've duped into believing far left wing extremist ideas. In other words, if they can't view a woman as some sort of victim,or convince a woman that she is some sort of victim of society, they simply do not care about them.

3. Live to Learn profile image60
    Live to Learnposted 5 years ago

The term feminist really doesn't define truly liberated women. It defines a group who toe a line determined by those in charge. Basically, women who can't think for themselves and have decided to follow the lead of other women, not men. Truly liberated women can see the hypocrisy, can see how denigrating another woman is demeaning to all women, and wish these catty voices would just go away.

That is the opinion of one who would describe herself as a feminist, prior to the most current devolution of the term.

4. Castlepaloma profile image76
    Castlepalomaposted 5 years ago

I used to support feminists movements.
    Not much today,  many of their commands are unrealistic.

5. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 5 years ago

Wow , attitudes like that , apparently all of your wives vote as you tell them to do ?............:-]

6. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 5 years ago

Conservative women I admire:
    Condolezza Rice
    Nikki Haley

Conservative women I don't admire:
    Sarah Huckabee Sanders
    Kellyanne Conway

Feminists judge people by their actions, not their gender.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Gotta go with some of the others; while it used to be different, it has become common to judge people by how well they conform to the feminist "party platform".  As a group, feminists are no different than any other vocal group, whether democrats, republicans, environmentalists, health  groups, conspiracy theorists or any other group of people defining themselves (and others) by how well they conform to the group.

1. profile image0

That might be true. Can you give an example?

Horse was talking about "White house" women. There is a reason these women are not respected by some people, and it has nothing to do with their gender or with feminism. Horse seems to think that feminists should "like" successful women just because they're successful.

I would doubt that a real, vocal and active, feminist would "like" a successful woman, for they have worked within the existing system and used it to produce success.  They should be changing the system instead, to promote and grow the superiority of women.

(Do you get the idea I don't have much use for what I perceive "feminism" to have become today?)

1. profile image0

Just because you doubt it doesn't make it true. I listed two conservative women I admire and I consider myself to be a feminist.

You didn't provide the examples I was hoping for...

ahorseback did.  I don't really know the "women of the white house" or whether they consider themselves feminists.

Of course my doubt doesn't make things true.  I only give my opinion, based on MY perception of what a "feminist" is today, which I feel is a far cry from what it was a while back.  IMO it has become politicized into a "movement" which has little to do with equality and a lot to do with supremacy.  Which I'm confident you will disagree with, but then it's only what I see from the movement.

2. profile image0

What I think is that there are catty women of all conformities who don't recognize true feminism but  real independent women are free of lockstepping liberal group thought . Feminists are independent , strong , outspoken and even traditional  . What they aren't however , is emotionally thirteenish , so blind of true leadership quality as to render them mean spirited and petty .
          And yes , even Trump's white house is made up of some strong feminists .
          -Kelly Anne Conway
          -Ivanka
          -Melania
          -Sarah Huckabee Sanders
          -Betsy Devos
          -Gina Haspel
          -Many others who don't have to be mindless followers to prove their strength and independence.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
            Randy Godwinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes, they are independent, horse. they don't let Spanky tell them what to do and say, no sir! lol

1. profile image0

That's the funny part about the truth Randy ,   No one HAS to tell another how to address the  only truth there is .   Why actually does that extremely simple fact elude you on the left ?

Oh you're speaking of Conway's "alternate facts" !  lol  Did you even watch that BS?

1. profile image0

The only alternative facts are the historically and admittedly  fake news media today .    I actually just love watching Conway lay waste  obstructionist and liberal media questions  on every program she's on .
                  That woman cannot be beaten .
                  Admit it , you're Pravda media is jealous ?

Conway is an idiot who cannot answer a question with a straight answer on any show but Fox. Several media sources don't bother to invite her on their shows because she never answers anything asked of her. Come to think of it, it seems to be a practice of Spanky fans.

Ask Conway's husband if she's precise in her answers!

2. profile image0

You're still amusing.

Yep, I laugh at his comments all the time!  I do believe he's serious though.

1. profile image0

That is why he is amusing.

7. Aime F profile image70
    Aime Fposted 5 years ago

I subscribe to the traditional definition of feminism, which I don’t believe includes “becoming outraged every time a woman insults another woman.”

I think saying that we need to coddle women because comedians make jokes at their expense suggests that women need to be treated with greater sensitivity than men - because let’s be honest men often get jabbed much worse than women do but we don’t make it about gender politics.

Calling someone a see-you-next-Tuesday doesn’t really have much to do with feminism as far as I’m concerned, I think it’s more an issue of whether it was appropriate or not in general and if someone would have called foul on the same being said about Chelsea Clinton then yes, they should say the same in regards to Ivanka.

Personally I’m pretty unbothered, if someone said it to me I’d laugh it off and commend myself for my ability to get under their skin to such an extent.

1. profile image0

I might raise an eyebrow at something a comedian says but that's the extent of my personal outrage, and that includes Roseanne's recent remarks. That said, her employer has every right to fire her if they believe she has crossed their line. Bill Maher was previously fired from a network for similar readons.

I don't see how any Spanky fan has the nerve to criticize anyone for calling names. They knew their choice for POTUS was crude and never gave a thought for those he was insulting. Their glorious leader set the bar for insults long before he took office.

1. profile image0

You know I agree with that!

2. profile image0

There is a far greater difference between Trumps having a lack of any political correctness in his nerve center and the phoniness of blaming him for what ? Name calling ?   Name calling is the first calling  of your activist left ; always has been .  Feminism arose from the sixties in America , the greatest era of "name calling" known to modern man .   Hence the DNA difference within and between Liberalism and Conservatism .

Trump ,"Set the Bar " for name calling hardly ! Continue that honored tradition in politics , academia and media , sure .

Can you name another POTUS who called his antagonists--and his own party members--insulting names as much as Spanky has?  I'll be waiting....

1. profile image0

Since when did name calling become illegal for a POTUS  Randy ? When liberals decide they have exclusive rights to ALL name calling ?

Is THAT the next impeachable offense?

Didn't understand the question, eh horse? Dan, get your color crayons ready as horse is ready for another picture. lol

No one has claimed it was illegal, horse. Reading between the lines again? Re-read my question..

1. profile image0

It doesn't matter if every potus before Trump was a pope Randy , Where does it say in the constitution , the bill of rights , the presidential powers that name calling is impeachable , illegal , even previously unheard of ?
                  I don't particularly like his manners either but does it mean that  that becomes a national crisis , another impeachable offense  ? 

Is just might be  possible liberals are becoming more blanky  sensitive to criticism by the POTUS ?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)