Spanky disinvites the Philadelphia Eagles to the WH.

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago

After discovering some of the Eagles were not going to attend Spanky's WH meeting, he decided to disinvite the entire team. After meddling in one of our national pastimes by quelling the right to peacefully protest, apparently some of the players took that personally and refused to attend.

No telling what this crazy b*****d will do next. No doubt he's using sports to further divide the country as is his plan, and it's working for the weak minded on the right. I wouldn't walk across the road to meet  him either.  Bring on the excuses and deflections...

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

"After meddling in one of our national pastimes by quelling the right to peacefully protest..."

Really?  He sent in the national guard to empty the stadium?  He sent the FBI to arrest them?  He had them sprayed with pepper spray? 

What did he do to "quell" a peaceful protest?  Peacefully protest their obnoxious actions?

Randy Godwinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Are you dense, Dan? Are you saying he didn't meddle in the players business?

I saw a peaceful protest from him.  Did you see more - something to "quell" their disgusting display of interfering in the NFL business as they disparaged the very fans paying their salary?

Yes indeed, their kneeling caused mass havoc among the fans! The melee was unforgettable......how many were killed during the protest? I'm sure you remember.....

What did Trump do that "quelled" the objectionable actions of players?

Ordered the owners to make them stand during the anthem. They' really aren't working till the game starts anyway. Why don't he keep his draft dodging ass out of sports events, it's not like he's so patriotic he wanted to fight in the war. He's a hypocrite of the truest form and you guys worship him apparently.

By the way, another Spankylike non-answer, Dan.

Now that just isn't true, for Trump issued no such order.  Just another non-answer then, Randy, and you know that as well as I do.

I asked about the melee the players not standing caused, Dan. And your answer was?

2. RJ Schwartz profile image87
      RJ Schwartzposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The President "peacefully" rescinded the invitation. 

You're starting to sound like Mueller Randy - taking things from before Trump was President and trying to attribute them to his administration.

Do you recall such a disinvite from any previous POTUS, Ralph? Or do you remember any former POTUS getting involved with the business of pro sports?

1. RJ Schwartz profile image87

I do remember when President Obama invited the Dolphins to the WH and several members refused to go and the guy from the Ravens who wouldn't go because Obama was in favor of abortion.  Then there's James Harrison, MArk Chumura from the Packers, the Celtics, Michael Jordan, tons of NASCAR drivers, and golfer Tom Lehman - all who refused to go to the White House for different reasons.  Sports and politics don't always see eye to eye.  I forgot Tom Brady skipped one too.  Barack Obama is the most sports-oriented former President, so was Reagan.

Yes Ralph, but Obama never disinvited any of the players, did he? Spanky was afraid the low attendance would look bad on him, and you know how obsessed he is with crowd size. He should have kept his nose out of the NFL's business and he wouldn't have his tremendous ass in a bind now.

I don't see the relevancy in whether sports players are invited or not invited or whether they choose to come or not matters.  Maybe the President does have an ego...so what?  It's not illegal, is it?  There are no laws regulating White House visits.  I'd say find something better to hang your anti-Trump sentiments on instead of this blip on the radar.  Or not, go ahead and keep attacking him.  And just so you feel vindicated, no, Obama never dis-invited anyone.

I do indeed feel vindicated, as I should, Ralph. Maybe Spanky has an ego?  lol That is an obvious understatement as he lied about his inauguration crowd for several weeks and has yet to admit he was wrong. What is they say about the bigger man admitting he was wrong?  Spanky isn't even in the equation.  cool

3. Eastward profile image78
      Eastwardposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It's a bit more drama than I can easily stomach. However, I'm hoping all the hoopla brings attention to the deeper issues at hand.

1. profile image0
        promisemposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well said. I think the constant stream of hoopla and scandals is making the more rational and responsible Americans realize the importance of electing the right person for President.

2. JAKE Earthshine profile image66
    JAKE Earthshineposted 5 years ago

Believe me, if the 3 out 100 Eagles who said they would have attended promised to wear David Duke, Hitler and Mussolini masks, the event would have never been cancelled:

It's always interesting to see what Spanky will f**k up next, Jake. One scandal or lie after another. He's averaging 6.5 lies a day now. Of course, his fans love him for it and try to follow his example as we see on these forums.

1. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I wish I'd bought in early on Twitter stocks , Liberals are melting down brains over Trump Tweets , it's a beautiful thing !.

I hear Twitter is taking Monsanto's spot on the NASDAQ

3. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago

Case in point!  lol

4. IslandBites profile image89
    IslandBitesposted 5 years ago

Btw,

"No members of the team knelt in protest during the national anthem throughout regular or post-season last year."

The snowflake in chief is just milking the issue because few were coming to his party.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)