The Court of Public Opinion - Analyzing the Kavanaugh Accusation

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (16 posts)
  1. RJ Schwartz profile image87
    RJ Schwartzposted 5 years ago

We've watched the political theater provided by Senator Di-Fi and the mysterious letter (the one that couldn't be brought up during the actual hearings even though she had possession of it during the proceedings) and followed with baited breath as the identity of the accuser was revealed.  A school teacher named Christine Ford, who teaches at a liberal indoctrination center and has a history of partisan behavior has made accusations about improprieties about future Supreme Court Justice Kavanaugh.  Surprise!

She is demanding the FBI investigate this incident, even though the FBI doesn't do that sort of thing.  The Senate Committee (which does do what she is asking) has scheduled a hearing on Monday for her to speak her piece, but she's indicating she'll be a no-show.

I'd like anyone to provide any evidence that a crime was committed by Justice Kavanaugh.  Her word isn't enough when the Judge and now three additional people have come forward stating that nothing happened; including the person she says was in the room. 

The Judge is innocent until proven guilty and has the right to face his accuser according to established law.

1. profile image0
      promisemposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Actually, the FBI does do that sort of thing. It did it with Judge Clarence Thomas at the direction of the White House after the accusations of Anita Hill.

You're right, Kavanaugh is innocent until proven guilty. Proving his innocence or guilt requires the involvement of non-partisan investigators and not another partisan battle between left and right.

2. Don W profile image81
      Don Wposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Remind me, what does the I in FBI stand for again?

1. profile image0
        Ed Fisherposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I ?    For the I in trIal by media ?

1. Don W profile image81
          Don Wposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Strange, I thought it stood for Investigation.

As in, the Investigation the FBI did after allegations of sexual abuse were made against Supreme Court nominee Clarence Thomas.

As in, the report of the Investigation that was completed by the FBI and published on Sept. 23 1991 into the allegations of sexual abuse made against Supreme Court nominee Clarence Thomas(1)

So when the opening comment says ". . . the FBI doesn't do that sort of thing" I'm left wondering what he could possibly mean.

(1) https://www.nytimes.com/1991/10/07/us/l … 980-s.html

2. profile image0
    Ed Fisherposted 5 years ago

But RJ  , we all know that all America ever needs in these situations is a Trial by Media to remedy the wrongs of a society , a man , a woman or a criminal , Media is the all important god of justice for all .............especially in politics .

"American Pravda "

RJ Schwartzposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I forgot...silly me.  Now I'm hearing threats that the woman will be doing the interview circuit prior to the midterm elections.  Strange how it's appearing like she won't testify under oath, but gladly talk to the media.  It's even sadder than many Americans (especially the ones that claim to be "woke") don't make the effort to do their own research and blindly accept a corrupt media.

3. Carolyn M Fields profile image87
    Carolyn M Fieldsposted 5 years ago

I find this situation disgusting. Here is my opinion. Again - this is OPINION - so don't jump on me for not fact checking. What I feel happened is that Ms. Ford had an idea back in 2012. She is a psychologist by training, so she is accustomed to playing "head games." She learned that Kavanaugh might be considered for the SCOTUS if Romney won the election, and remembered that he attended school not far from where she did way back in High School. Then she concocted this "repressed memory" which she trotted out during couple’s therapy. She knew from the start that it would be a "he-said-she-said" situation, so she kept the details vague on anything that could be confirmed (e.g., the location of the house, the specific date, names of the other boys except Judge, etc.) but got very personal and sensational with the details that only she would know (how he might have touched her, etc.) She threw in the "hand over my mouth" so that she could claim "fearing for her life." Nice touch. She also stopped short of actual rape – which again would have probably begged for corroborating information. Then, when Obama won in 2012, she didn't need her story. She put it on the shelf. Fast forward to 2018. Trump is President. She has already been on record as a "NOT-MY-PRESIDENT" person. So, she dusts off her story, and starts the process. Anonymous at the start, to build tension for the big reveal - which she knew would be inevitable. Gave her time to delete her social media profiles which would have shown exactly how much hatred she has towards Trump et al.
    Nice theater. Extra points for making it impossible to "prove a negative." And the fact that it's hitting right after the #me-too movement got going is so much better than it would have been in 2012.
    My hope is that the FBI and/or law enforcement does investigate. They take Kavanaugh's day planner for his time in prep school, and find out that he never attended any parties that fit the description. By then the media will be tired of the story, and on to something else.
    Again - all my OPINION. Other people can make stuff up, so why can't I?

Her High School yearbooks were also scrubbed from the internet, but I was able to see them before that happened.  Her elitist all-girl school wantonly promoted promiscuity, under-age drinking, racism, and a host of other behaviors not usually exemplified in teenage girls.  The fact that they were allowed to publish details like that in a school annual demonstrates a lack of control by the staff or an unwillingness to push back against the heavily monied parents of the spoiled girls attending.

Link to the post can be found here
      https://www.minds.com/newsfeed/889517872639053824

2. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Personally I'd like to see a slander/libel suit filed.  This has gotten way out of hand.

I heard that the Judge has ironclad evidence ready to present next week should she decide to appear - I'd like to see her imprisoned if she's making this up.  America and the Judge deserves to be treated better.  These hacks are making a mockery of our political system.

2. profile image0
        promisemposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Why, because you have proof that she is lying? If so, you should send it to the Senate committee.

3. JAKE Earthshine profile image66
        JAKE Earthshineposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Actually I'd like to see Brett file a suit as well so they can both be deposed and an investigation conducted so we can finally get to the truth of this serious immensely important matter, but he won't: Apparently, he won't even take a lie detector test to prove his innocence so I seriously doubt he has the conviction to file a law suit:

Actually, the law suit should be initiated by the alleged victim and I'd be surprised if she doesn't exercise that critically important option:

Isn't a lie detector test what 'spacey' republican senator  Rand Paul wanted Bozo Trump to administer to his cabinet members to 'weed out' the patriots who are trying to protect us from the inside ??? It is if my recollection is correct:

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Why would you be surprised when the woman does not start the ball rolling?  She's had 30 years and hasn't done it yet - why would you be surprised when she still doesn't?

4. profile image0
    Ed Fisherposted 5 years ago

It is actions like these that keep the seriousness of  " Feminist Movement " from being anything but similar to a gas movement .  How is man supposed to take seriously the REAL inequities surrounding women's issues when the Democratic party takes such liberties as has happened so far .

Used to be a social club of women called the Red Hats Society
    , Is that right ? Now it's the "pink hats" seemingly that are advancing women's issues through the telepathy of Diane Feinstein , Hillary Clinton and off the wall  hollywood comedians  ?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)