The dishonest media...

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (58 posts)
  1. jackclee lm profile image81
    jackclee lmposted 5 years ago

Just saw this report on President Obama giving a rally speech in Las Vegas...
    As it turned out, the video and sound does not match the arena.
    The total dishonesty of the media is shocking.
    Most Americans don’t even know what is going on, how they are being manipulated, and the news perverted...
    And they complaint about being labeled “fake news”.

jackclee lmposted 5 years agoin reply to this
      1. profile image0
        Ed Fisherposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The self imploding of the Obama Legacy is actually fun to watch ,   and more so his message !   Which in effect means the alt - liberal message ,  which in effect means  democratic message .

I am reminded of Jim Acosta saying the Trump rallies were" too loud " and wanted them turned down so that HE and CNN could be heard ? 

Oh the Beauty !

2. IslandBites profile image89
        IslandBitesposted 5 years agoin reply to this
        1. Aime F profile image70
          Aime Fposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That’s the thing, isn’t it. Unless you’re there in person you’re relying on a source to provide you with the pictures/videos. You can only use your eyes to view what those sources give you. So yeah, sources are kinda important afterall....

Just think, the media has portrayed Trump as this monster, racist,...masogynist...
            They were OK with him, before he ran for President. He was on TV with a popular show, he was cameo featured in Home Alone and other movies on location in NYC. He was invited to all the big Democratic donor parties and reception, Hillary and Bill was at his wedding...

What changed?

How can people believe all the lies about Trump when he has been in the public eye most of his adult life.

Don’t get me wrong, he is no boy scout but he is no monster either.

He ran for president to MAGA. Why is that a bad thing in the eye of the media?

1. IslandBites profile image89
              IslandBitesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

http://anarchyintheuk.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Popularism-for-the-sake-of-it.png

2. Aime F profile image70

You could say all of that about Bill Cosby, too. They’re okay until they’re not. Having been a popular celebrity in the past doesn’t mean they’re incapable of saying/doing things that piss people off and make them unlikeable.

I don’t believe any lies about Trump. I use my own eyes and ears to process what he says and does myself and that’s enough for me. You need to get it out of your head that the only possible reason someone could not like Trump is because they’re being brainwashed by the media.

No, that is not what I am saying.
                I understand Trump is unlikable. He is doing it by design.
                He figured out how to beat the media at their own game,
                He say something outrageous to distract them.
                Meanwhile he is happy doing the thing he wants to do...make America great again.
                The media focus on what he say but do not give him credit for what he actially does.

With President Obama, it is just the opposite. They love him and love his speeches... the thrill up the leg and all...
                Yet, he has done so little and instead divided our country and corrupted our justice department, and the IRS. All with the support of the media that just can’t get enough of him.
                Let this be a lesson for you.

Don’t focus on what a person say...
                Only judge someone by what he actually does.

Nah, I don’t believe people should get a free pass to say things without consequences. To me what a person says reflects on them just as much as what they do. “Actions speak louder than words” only applies when the words are in direct conflict with one’s actions, it’s not an excuse to say whatever you want and then pretend it doesn’t matter.

2. hard sun profile image79
          hard sunposted 5 years agoin reply to this

LOL..geesh.

2. PhoenixV profile image62
      PhoenixVposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Cnn is the worst. Cnn is very fake news. According to sources.

2. Aime F profile image70
    Aime Fposted 5 years ago

Ah yes, everyone’s favourite objective news source... theconservativetreehouse.com

1. profile image0
      promisemposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Right, with an anonymous owner. Note the "private" contact information at the top of the site's domain registration.

https://whois.icann.org/en/lookup?name= … ehouse.com

Talk about propaganda!

What propaganda? The event is captured on video. The news reported something that it was not. On the other hand, Trump’s rally is 10 times larger and the media ignore it for the most part.

1. profile image0

Oh please. Neither video is dated. And the first video has a Cspan logo while the second does not, nor does it have any source onit.

2. jackclee lm profile image81

When are you going to get it? We are dealing with a very dishonest and biased media. Much worst than anyone suspected. They will do anything, including creating false stories, to attack Trump and support their democratic candidates.
          You can lead a horse to water...but you can’t make it drink...

1. profile image0

Does the website with the videos have an anonymous owner?

Does either video have the original date?

Does the first video have a Cspan logo while the other has no source on it?

2. jackclee lm profile image81

Use your head and stop focusing on the source. It is high time all of us focus on the media who is distorting reality rather than reporting on it.

Okay. So what is it exactly that I’m supposed to be outraged by in this article?

The two clips aren’t comparing the same part of the speech and are from different perspectives, so where’s the supposed descrepancy?

Also, lol @ the tweet: “Anyway this angle doesn’t seem to be playing on TV, wonder why.” .....maybe because it’s an angle of the back of everyone’s heads? Really not that controversial.

The question you should ask is how many people do you think is attending this event? The media wants you to think it was a very popular event with many more people in the audience. Guess how many are actually in the audience?

Contrary that with one of Trump’s rally.
          There were 100,000 that came out in the latest Texas rally. Did your media report that?

1. profile image0

The real question is why are you posting fake news from an anonymous website?

1. hard sun profile image79
              hard sunposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Ding Ding...his links were proven to be absolutely false and he still attempts to lecture us all about the truth and the value of seeking it...it literally is insane.

1. profile image0

I would enjoy these debates more if some conservatives would take part who are better informed. I feel very alone.

So you are afraid to debate me?
                  Better informed? From what? The Lying NYT? Or NPR or Steven Colbert?

Gime a break.
                  You can speak to issues with anyone.
                  You cannot win in the arena of ideas.

Conservatives are winning...
                    Just published another article -

“hubpages.com/literature/Conservatives-Are-Finally-Wining-in-the-Arena-of-Ideas”

2. profile image0

After all of these years of debating many people on here, you seriously think I'm afraid to debate you?

Sorry, I'm not. There is nothing to debate with someone who posts fake news from an anonymous website other than why he keeps doing it.

2. profile image0

Meaning we should believe only The Conservative Treehouse with its anonymous owner because it is objective and accurate?

No, meaning you should believe your own eye and ear instead of what the media tell you or show you. They are not to be trusted...
          repeat THEY ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED.

Promisem, just like they’ve been lying to you about conservatives. How many conservatives do you know? What are they like? What do they want for our country? What have you been told about them?

I am a conservative and proud of it. I have been publishing here for 8 years. My position on issues are clear as night and day. Do I sound like the conservative the media is presenting to the American public?
            yes or no?

Yes.

2. profile image0

Yes.

In what ways? Please explain. I am curious. You seem to think you know me well. Let’s see how well you really know a conservative.

I can take you on point by point. Any issue you want to start. Remember, we are discussing what the media portray a conservative to be as oppose a real live conservative like me.

1. profile image0

I know you publish fake news from an anonymous site like the one above and use other fake news sites to support claims that are easily proven false.

We have been down this road many times, and you still insist on publishing propaganda that is harmful to the country. You also try to change the subject when caught, like now.

More to my point, you did not answer my questions:

1. Does the website with the videos have an anonymous owner?

2. Does either video have the original date?

3. Does the first video have a Cspan logo while the other has no source on it?

I rather believe an anonymous source that speak the truth than watch cnn or msnbc spew lies after lies and call themselves a news organization.
                    One of us is being lied to and it is not me my friend.

That is our whole problem. We have a generations of liberals who are brought up to believe everything they see on cnn and read in th NYT is gospel. Well, I hate to break your bubble, they are all BIASED.

3. profile image0
    Ed Fisherposted 5 years ago

OP.   At this point the only reason the left cries foul when we talk of presence of media bias is simply because the media and the left are partners in all the lying  .

Why would the left "shoot themselves in the foot " ?

1. PhoenixV profile image62
      PhoenixVposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Amen. We know the left is not going to bite the hand thats feeding them. Itsa media meal ticket. A gravy train from Twitter to Goofle - CBS to PBR

4. profile image0

Great ........................What  ?    A liberal challenging the right to use only honest news media ?

Now That is Hilarious !

5. profile image0

Jacklee , What do you think ?  It sounds very much like a major desperation coming from the left after what .....a  hundred or more obstruction / impeachment issues failed by the party of Trump naysayers ?   

The left has failed miserably , now they attack personalities here in the place of an uncaring Trump ?

6. Aime F profile image70
    Aime Fposted 5 years ago

The lack of self-awareness among grown men who should know better is astounding.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)