Hubba Hubbie

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (53 posts)
  1. samanthacubbison profile image83
    samanthacubbisonposted 5 years ago

Hey guys...we’ve got some exciting Hubbie-related news over on our blog (link below). Better late than never, right? *Winky face*

Good luck!

https://blog.hubpages.com/2018/10/28/vo … ie-awards/
    https://hubstatic.com/14272252.png

1. Sherry Hewins profile image92
      Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I really wish there was a nomination process separate from voting. I'm sure there are plenty of worthy hubbers out there that have not crossed my path. Some categories, I can't even come up with a name. If I had a list of nominees to choose from, I could look them over and pick the one I like best. That would also be a good way to introduce us to other authors we don't know and to share our favorites.

1. poppyr profile image91
        poppyrposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That's a fantastic idea. I feel like most writers are known for their activity in the forums, not for their writing. I too would love to discover new writers, especially in the topics I'm interested in.

2. Thelma Alberts profile image90
        Thelma Albertsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That is a good idea. I would love to have names whom I can nominate. There are plenty of excellent Hubbers here and it is always difficult to choose from.

2. lobobrandon profile image88
    lobobrandonposted 5 years ago

Cool smile

3. Natalie Frank profile image91
    Natalie Frankposted 5 years ago

Great! The only problem is there are so many great Hubvers to vote for!  Good luck everyone!

1. lobobrandon profile image88
      lobobrandonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yup, I will vote this weekend.

4. chef-de-jour profile image97
    chef-de-jourposted 5 years ago

Nice one. Onwards and upwards and rewards.

5. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 5 years ago

Yeay! big_smile

6. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 5 years ago

For a while it looked like this was discontinued.  Better late than never! I have my list I've been keeping to do this. So many great Hubbers.

7. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 5 years ago

Just entered my votes. I noticed the categories are a little different. "Hubber That Uses the Best Original Imagery" is missing on the form. Really wanted to give that to @wilderness.

1. Titia profile image92
      Titiaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I noticed that the categories in the blog are different from the categories on the actual voting page. Must've made them in a hurry smile

8. Jeremy Gill profile image93
    Jeremy Gillposted 5 years ago

Glad to see this feature's return, it's always fun to participate!

9. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

There is no category for awesome, therefor I do not qualify. Oh, well.

Best profile picture maybe?

1. paradigmsearch profile image59
        paradigmsearchposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

Deleted

2. paradigmsearch profile image59

Don't even get me started on recent traffic.

3. Tom Pages profile image58
      Tom Pagesposted 5 years ago

How do you contact the support of hubpages?

1. paradigmsearch profile image59
        paradigmsearchposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Aside from, try team@hubpages.com

4. paradigmsearch profile image59

Welcome to tech.

5. paradigmsearch profile image59

Thelma and Louise. I'm sure you've not heard that one before.

6. theraggededge profile image97
      theraggededgeposted 5 years ago

The categories listed on the blog post are not quite the same as the ones on the questionnaire.

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
        Glenn Stokposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, that caused me to have to make some changes to my votes I was planning to enter last week. It got kind of confusing.

Just voted. Left quite a few blank though, didn't know whom to put in and a few blank because there were quite a few who I wanted to put in and couldn't decide on one.

2. Natalie Frank profile image91
          Natalie Frankposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I had to also make some changes to the list I had created.  I left several empty also, some because I just wasn't sure who to put, one because though I narrowed it down to 3 I couldn't decide which of the 3 to vote for and a couple of new categories because quite honestly I found them to be too negative and I think of the Hubbies as being positive awards.

7. theraggededge profile image97
      theraggededgeposted 5 years ago

I bet we all voted the same for 'Which hubber is most likely to be banned?' big_smile big_smile big_smile

Nope, I did not vote the same as you in that one haha. Voted for someone from the topical forums, I hovered around the topical forums for a worthy person to give that award to.

1. theraggededge profile image97
          theraggededgeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Ah... I never thought of that. I don't think of them as 'hubbers' as such, but I suppose they are.

I'm glad the question was 'most likely' and not 'who should' smile

Last year where it asked 'most likely to be employed by HubPages' I put 'me'... but that didn't work out big_smile Left that one blank this year because Marisa's gone.

It used to be Relache back in the day.

Oh Relache... I love Relache.

She's not active on HP anymore though.

8. Jodah profile image92
      Jodahposted 5 years ago

It is great to see the Hubbie Awards being continued. I look forward to voting every year. A few different categories and a couple left blank because too difficult to choose. Overall I am happy with my choices. I think they could get rid of a couple of categories and add some better ones, like "best creative writing hub,"  but oh well.

1. Natalie Frank profile image91

I like that idea.  There are so many hubbers who write creative writing hubs and who don't get the attention they deserve because of the realities of how traffic and earnings work.  It would be nice to have an award for them.

9. Lovelli Fuad profile image94
      Lovelli Fuadposted 5 years ago

I'm so happy to be able to vote this year smile I just voted theraggededge for my most likely to be a HP employee lol.. I just had the feeling... But, deciding on just one article for the Best All-Around Article was tough. I don't think I have read enough articles to be choosing one.

Ha ha ha! Thanks! I'm going to wait for the invitation to join the team big_smile big_smile

Edit: re best hub. Same here but I went with the Care and Feeding of Rutabagas (Rupert's) because it made me laugh. And, it was very well written and formatted.

10. samanthacubbison profile image83

Just to clarify, none of the Hubbie categories are meant to put anyone down or be offensive! "Biggest Mouth in the Forum" is just a playful way of describing whoever actively participates or offers the most advice, while "User Most Likely to be Banned" is there to give credit to the jokesters that make the forums so engaging and fun. The intention of this event is to create an enjoyable community bonding experience for everyone involved.
      :-)))))

1. Will Apse profile image89
        Will Apseposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Do you really have 5 pairs of lips?

samanthacubbisonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

No, that is to represent the multiple chins that I develop when I smile.

1. Will Apse profile image89
            Will Apseposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That's a relief. I was slightly worried they were gills, lol.

2. janshares profile image93
            jansharesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

lol

11. samanthacubbison profile image83

Also, thanks @Jodah for the suggestion! I love the idea of having a creative writing category, especially since that is the type of writing I'm interested in the most. wink

I really appreciate all of the input from everyone! It allows us to revamp the categories a little for the years to come to better represent all of our writers.

P.S. I just received the shipment of this year's prizes. I am so stoked to pack n' ship these babies!

Maybe I'm the only one who doesn't know what a "ringer" is but would you mind telling us in case there are others as well?  Thanks!

I don't and Google didn't help.

2. samanthacubbison profile image83

From Wikipedia: "A ringer T-shirt is a T-shirt in which the jersey shirt fabric is one color, but the ribbing used for the collar and the sleeve bands are of a contrasting color."

;-)

https://hubstatic.com/14284491.png

Thanks! I just googled ringer and not ringer t-shirt.

No worries! They are super fly. We got two different colors and a bunch of sizes. I am so pleased with how they came out.

https://hubstatic.com/14284538_f1024.jpg

They look good.

2. Jodah profile image92
        Jodahposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Samantha, for noting my suggestion and your reply to the other matters. Much appreciated.

12. Natalie Frank profile image91
      Natalie Frankposted 5 years ago

Wow!  I really want one now that I know what they are.  Any chance there might be extra we can buy if we aren't one of the lucky winners?

We don't plan to sell them anytime soon, but be on the lookout for other contests and giveaway opportunities via social media. (Twitter/Instagram/Facebook) wink

Will do, thanks!

13. janshares profile image93
      jansharesposted 5 years ago

In the past, we had to put links on the Hubbie form and not just write in the person's name or article title. Is this still the case? There was no direction in the rules, so I put in links for everything. Will it be accepted?

For the most part, try to type in a user's name when appropriate, or use a clear title and/or link. But it's not a big deal at all.

Thanks smile

1. janshares profile image93
          jansharesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

+1

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)