Vaccinations Exemptions No Longer Allowed in Maine

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (40 posts)
  1. Judith Hayes profile image77
    Judith Hayesposted 4 years ago

The state of Maine has just passed a law that requires children to be vaccinated. All exemptions have been removed.

Is this not an act of the state that controls a person's body and demands they introduce a chemical element into it?

We have abortion laws that say women does not have to have a baby in their body because it is their body. This law says children (and some adults when their job requires it) must have a chemical introduced into their body that they don't want.

Why is it okay for the state to force people to have vaccinations, but they can't force a woman to have a baby?

1. lobobrandon profile image88
      lobobrandonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Because abortions cannot harm the entire human population. A single person not being vaccinated can be the environment the virus needs to mutate and affect everyone else. Simple really. Possible biological weapons such as those not vaccinated need to be isolated.

Judith Hayesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Abortions kill millions every year. Measles and chicken pox do not. Abortion certainly does harm the entire population... and an entire unborn population as well. Scientists, doctors, teachers, and other brilliant minds are never allowed to be.

Poverty and the foster care system does that too. There's a lot that can be said about what could be. But mutations of viruses are a real thing and that will be.

The viruses that will kill large numbers will be biological warfare, for which, there is and never will be a vaccine.

Biological warfare is when a group develop a virus and use it against others. Smallpox was not biological warfare. Polio was not biological warfare, and so the list goes on.

I was a child when the cases of Polio hit the thousands a from botched vaccine...

In April 1955 more than 200 000 children in five Western and mid-Western USA states received a polio vaccine in which the process of inactivating the live virus proved to be defective. Within days there were reports of paralysis and within a month the first mass vaccination programme against polio had to be abandoned. Subsequent investigations revealed that the vaccine, manufactured by the California-based family firm of Cutter Laboratories, had caused 40 000 cases of polio, leaving 200 children with varying degrees of paralysis and killing 10.

So you can imagine the damage a virus can do if it mutates and there is no ready vaccine.

And what if the vaccine is botched?  You take it first and if you don't get sick in a year ... then we'll talk about it.

I don't want to be forced to take a vaccine...    especially a new one

2. wilderness profile image95
              wildernessposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Tens of thousands of American Indians died of smallpox, and it is estimated that the 20th century saw 300-500 million deaths worldwide from it.  Not a war virus, just a common disease that we can vaccinate for.

On the other hand not a single person has died from a legal, correctly done, abortion in this country (can't speak for other countries).  A small percentage of women, particularly those that used "back alley" abortions have died of complications and even botched surgeries, but as a percentage of the people it is very small.

Indian tribes were purposely infected with smallpox... 

And women have died from abortions... By the way, the purpose of the article isn't anti abortion... abortion is just an example of being able to say "I Don't Want this in my Body" 

Also...many Indians died when they were first vaccinated...  What works for one race may not work for another in the same way. I am Mi'kmaq and I know the experiences of my people.

1. wilderness profile image95

Perhaps I misunderstood - I took your statement that "The viruses that will kill large numbers will be biological warfare, for which, there is and never will be a vaccine." to refer to diseases expressly designed as a weapon of war, and smallpox was never that even if it WAS used as a weapon.

As others have commented - it is fine to deny a vaccination to a child (although the specter of involuntary manslaughter or some such might be appropriate), but that child must not then be allowed to mingle with the population, for the risk to those that cannot take the vaccination is too great.  As we see happening already in this country as idiots decide that it all causes autism or contains mercury.

I just read that the CDC acknowledges that people who have the measles have a lifetime immunity and will never have other effects, however, those who have the vaccine will have to continue to require boosters for the rest of their lives.  All my children had measles, chicken pox, and mumps one summer (wasn't planned that way), I had them all as well. I remember one year nearly the whole school had chicken pox...  we all had fun and a calamine lotion party. No one died.

2. profile image0
          promisemposted 4 years agoin reply to this

We have much more to fear from other deadly diseases if we stop vaccinations.

A single unvaccinated person is a threat to the health of an entire community, as Lobobrandon said, plus a tremendous financial cost. A single abortion is not.

A first and second trimester abortion kills an underdeveloped fetus. It does not kill a living and fully developed human being.

By the way, the U.S. abortion rate is 600,000 per year (not millions) with 91 percent performed in the first trimester.

https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/ … ortion.htm

I didn't specify in the United States only.

On average, 56 million abortions occurred worldwide each year in 2010–2014. This is an increase from 50 million annually in 1990–1994, resulting primarily from population growth. Each year, globally, there were 35 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15–44 in 2010–2014, down slightly from 40 per 1,000 in 1990–1994.
            This is according to the World Health Organization

https://www.who.int/reproductivehealth/ … sFinal.pdf

2. Sheila Ann Myers profile image78
            Sheila Ann Myersposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I don't think we should totally stop vaccinations,  I just think that they need to re-evaluate the safety of the vaccines and children should only get one at a time,  spacing them out and no more combo vaccines.. One shot  for each vaccine. I do think the flu shot should be stopped.. it is killing thousands each year.

3. Sheila Ann Myers profile image78

I completely agree with you!!! My two year old is unvaccinated and he is the healthiest of all three of my kids!!

Judith,  you are 100% right! There is stuff in those vaccines that is deadly!! Vaccinations are killing babies and causing many to become permanently disabled!!! People need to do their research!!!

Some of us did (do your research).  And found that the dangers of modern (or even older style) vaccines are sevreal orders of magnitude less than the dangers of a population of unvaccinated people.

1. Sheila Ann Myers profile image78

Oh I've done my research.. Also have seen first-hand what vaccines can do to babies.... Vaccinations can be deadly,  and are permanently handicapping babies. Nope!! Not my kids.

Great!  What percentage of vaccinated children develop autism, and how does that compare to the percentage of autistic kids that were not vaccinated?

What percentage of vaccinated children develop polio, compared to children in a society that does not vaccinate?  Or measles or any of the diseases we vaccinate for?

You've done the research; what are the answers to these simple questions (with links, please)?

OK - 31 cases of non-flu vaccine were adjucated in one year, out of the tens of millions of vaccinations performed.  Now how many cases of polio, mumps, rubella, etc. happened in cultures with about the same population but do not vaccinate for such diseases?  10,000?  A million?  Ten million?

You're leaving out the other side of the equation as if pretending those diseases don't happen, but they most certainly do and the only reason they aren't common in our country is vaccines.

(You don't want to vaccinate your child against the flu it is entirely up to you.  You don't want to vaccinate against infectious diseases that cause major health problems up to and including death, diseases that are making a come back in our country because of people that refuse to vaccinate, it becomes an entirely different matter.  You are actively aiding that come back, whether you pretend they don't happen or not.  We already see far more cases of measles this year than the total of problems with non-flu vaccines, and that's just one of the many diseases we've conquered with vaccines.)

Did you read this part?

Print This Post Print This Post
                  Vaccines Injuries and Deaths Increase in Government Vaccine Court – June 2016 Report
                  Join the Discussion(2)

Vaccine-Injuries-and-Deaths-Report-June-2016

by Brian Shilhavy
                  Health Impact News Editor

Every day, people in the United States are being injured and killed by vaccines, and those numbers are increasing. This is a fact that is not in dispute, as the Department of Justice’s quarterly report on vaccine injuries and deaths clearly demonstrates.

And yet, the government’s official public statement about vaccines is that they are safe and effective, and should be mandated for all people. Any opinion or presentation of facts to contradict their position is vigorously suppressed and censored in the mainstream media all in the name of “public health” for the “greater good.”

The American public is largely unaware that there is a vaccine court known as the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (NVICP). This program was started as a result of a law passed in 1986 that gave pharmaceutical companies total legal immunity from being sued due to injuries and deaths resulting from vaccines. If you or a family member is injured or dies from vaccines, you must now sue the federal government in this special vaccine court. Many cases are litigated for years before a settlement is reached.

Once every 3 months the Advisory Commission on Childhood Vaccines meets, and the Department of Justice issues a report of cases settled for vaccine injuries and deaths. As far as I know, Health Impact News is the only media source that publishes these reports each quarter. Past reports can be found here.

The most recent report was issued on June 3, 2016 which covered the period from 2/16/16 to 5/15/16 had 206 cases adjudicated. 116 of them were listed in the report (see below), specifying the vaccine, the injury or death, and the amount of time the case was pending before settlement.

85 of the 116 cases settled were for injuries and deaths due to the flu vaccine, making the flu vaccine the most dangerous vaccine in the U.S., harming and killing more people than all the other vaccines put together.

Page-1-june-2016-DOJ-Vaccine-Injuries-Deaths-ReportPage-2-6-2016-DOJ-Vaccine-Injuries-Deaths-ReportPage-3-6-2016-DOJ-Vaccine-Injuries-Deaths-ReportPage-4-6-2016-DOJ-Vaccine-Injuries-Deaths-ReportPage-5-6-2016-DOJ-Vaccine-Injuries-Deaths-ReportPage-6-6-2016-DOJ-Vaccine-Injuries-Deaths-ReportPage-7-6-2016-DOJ-Vaccine-Injuries-Deaths-ReportPage-8-6-2016-DOJ-Vaccine-Injuries-Deaths-ReportPage-9-6-2016-DOJ-Vaccine-Injuries-Deaths-ReportPage-10-6-2016-DOJ-Vaccine-Injuries-Deaths-ReportPage-11-6-2016-DOJ-Vaccine-Injuries-Deaths-ReportPage-12-6-2016-DOJ-Vaccine-Injuries-Deaths-Report
                  View the full report here.

Public Largely Unaware of the Vaccine Court: Most Cases Never Litigated
                  the-vaccine-court

In November of 2014 the Government Accounting Office (GAO) issued the first report on America’s “Vaccine Court,” known as the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (NVICP), in almost 15 years. Most citizens of the United States are not even aware that there is something called the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program, and that if you suffer harm or death due to a vaccine, that you cannot sue the manufacturer of the vaccine, but you must sue the federal government and try to obtain compensation from the Vaccine Injury Compensation Trust Fund,which is funded by taxes paid on vaccines. The amount of money currently sitting in this trust fund is over $3.6 BILLION, as of September 30, 2015.

As I noted above, Congress gave the pharmaceutical companies immunity against lawsuits for injuries or deaths resulting in vaccines in 1986. Prior to this time, there were so many lawsuits pending against pharmaceutical companies for injuries and deaths due to vaccines, that the pharmaceutical industry basically blackmailed congress and told them that if they did not grant them legal immunity against the liabilities of vaccines, that they would quit making them. These vaccine products cannot survive in a free market, they are so bad.

The November 2014 GAO report criticized the government for not making the public more aware that the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program exists, and that there are funds available for vaccine injuries. Therefore, the settlements represented by vaccine injuries and deaths included in the DOJ report probably represent a small fraction of the actual vaccine injuries and deaths occurring in America today.

Vaccine Injuries are Seldom Reported
                  The U.S. government keeps a database of reports documenting vaccine injuries and deaths called The Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS). The problem is that very few medical officials ever report vaccine injuries or deaths, either because they are not trained to recognize them, or due to pressure within their profession to not report them. To admit that vaccines do cause harm is professional suicide for most doctors and medical professionals.

Hence, the quarterly DOJ report on vaccine cases only represents a tiny fraction of the actual cases that exist.

One place we can get a glimpse of the amount of vaccine harm that is being caused in the U.S. today is to look at emergency room visits. As one can see in the report above, with most of the settlements being cases of harm caused by the flu vaccine, Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) is the most common injury suffered from the flu shot. GBS is a debilitating disease that attacks a person’s own immune system and damages their nerve cells, causing muscle weakness and sometimes paralysis. It is very similar to the symptoms one may see with polio.

If you are taken to the emergency room with signs of GBS during flu season, chances are one of the first questions the doctors will ask you is if you have received the flu shot recently. GBS is also listed as a side effect of the flu shot in the package insert.

Yes, I read it.  And then looked at the actual figures, which do NOT support the conclusions that were drawn.

Statements like "Money for vaccine injuries was not publicized and therefore there were lots more than reported" (paraphrasing) are not logically sound; they rely on a fallacy to draw that conclusion. 

When it comes down to it, the bottom line, the only thing that link has to offer, is the 31 cases of non-flu vaccines that went to court and won.  There is nothing there to show there were any more at all, let alone any data showing we should stop vaccinating and allow the return of those diseases.  Just assumptions that available data does not back up, while the data from years before vaccinations are hard and firm, giving actual cases and death tolls.

2. Castlepaloma profile image76
    Castlepalomaposted 4 years ago

I am my own best doctor in the world. All humans have a right to their own bodies for what goes in or out of their bodies.

I don't trust the Government as far as I can throw those fatcat bodies.

In case of a dangerous war disease epidemic breakout in a area. I think strongly to offer cure vaccines. If refuse to take vaccines, send them to a deserted island to die.

Government totally brainwash people to be on chemo and radiation as the gold standard. Where their genocide rap-sheet shows other wise.

Yep!!! Exactly...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)