SEO titles

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (16 posts)
  1. Doneta Wrate profile image80
    Doneta Wrateposted 4 years ago

I am in a bit of a quandry.  Before I started my article on the apocrypha,  I researched it on google using the word apocrypha and found only about 5m listings.  But now that I have almost finished the article I have found that there are many listings on the subject that do not use the word apocrypha, but instead like "Why are some books not in the Bible."  Like 70m to 100m.  Now uber suggest says that the second title has a search volume of about 2500.  The word apocrypha has a search volume of 0, but I know it has some because there are listings on Google.  I am trying to decide which way to go with my title.  I tend to want to go with the word apocrypha rather than get lost in the 100m listings.  The thought just occured to me that maybe I could do both by using the sentence title and apocrypha in the body of the article.  What are some of your thoughts?

2. theraggededge profile image96
    theraggededgeposted 4 years ago

My thoughts are that you should use the most logical sounding title and write your article in a natural way. Publish it and see how much traffic it gets after about six weeks. If there's nothing, then you can think about adjusting the title.

Make sure your subheadings include relevant keywords for the topic too smile

Don't try to over think the SEO aspect - that'll come later with experience. Just write articles that you think people want to read.

1. Kierstin Gunsberg profile image93
      Kierstin Gunsbergposted 4 years agoin reply to this

This is the best advice. The thing with SEO is that you might feel tempted to get too technical with it but when Google updates, it's often looking for results that best match how a person searches for information. People don't search for information on the internet in a technical way, they search the way they think and the way we think is pretty straightforward, really smile

3. Doneta Wrate profile image80
    Doneta Wrateposted 4 years ago

Thank you for your advise. I thought I was supposed to wait 6 months before changing a title.  I like the idea of 6 weeks better.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

I change titles all the time. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't.

Doneta Wrateposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It is interesting that you say that.  But I like raggededge 6 weeks better because it does take while for Google to do its thing on a listing

5. lobobrandon profile image88
    lobobrandonposted 4 years ago

Other than the advise here, remebember the URL is something you cannot change and is a very important factor when it comes to ranking an article. So try and put in both your options into the URL. If you know you are writing about a missing book and a particular book without the intention of changing it in the future (to cover another book). I'm quite busy and I know the sentence is hard to make sense of, but my phone's about to die and I'm walking so it's crazy to go back and edit.

lobobrandon, thank you for taking the time to try and answer out of your busy schedule.  I see value in both your reply and FatFreddys

1. lobobrandon profile image88
        lobobrandonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Haha, it was not a busy schedule, it was me being busy trying to memorise a map before my phone battery ran out. But, I'm glad you found it helpful.

6. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 4 years ago

When I publish a new hub I always plan ahead for the possibility that I may need to change the title later. So I make the URL less specific, but including all important keywords. Remember that you can only specify the URL before publishing. If you don’t change it, then it will default to the title you first used.

Glenn Stok  Lobobrandon was recommending something similar.  I am going to keep that in mind.

7. eugbug profile image96
    eugbugposted 4 years ago

Tut-tut - "advice", not "advise", the noun, not the verb, just saying smile

Eugbug  haha tut-tut.  I noticed that after I hit submit wink

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
        Glenn Stokposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Did you know you can click “edit” under your comment? But you only have a few hours to edit it before that option goes away. wink

no, I did not know that.  Thank you

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)