Tucker Carlson takes a vacation after declaring White Supremecy a hoax

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (46 posts)
  1. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago

As usual, When one of Fox News regulars sticks a foot in their mouth--which happens on a routine basis--the get sent on vacation. Tucker Carlson is no exception as he claimed White Supremist groups are practically nonexistent. This shortly after the massacre in El Paso.

After numerous calls to Fox for an explanation by reporters, no one seems to be home. Carlson is known to be considered one the White Supremist Groups best allies according to one head of the group.

Enjoy your vac, Tucker!  tongue

1. Eastward profile image78
      Eastwardposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I almost had a glimmer of hope for Carlson watching him interview Tulsi Gabbard. So much for that. The claim is so ridiculous one has to wonder if it's a scripted part of all this grand corporate-political theater.

2. Live to Learn profile image60
    Live to Learnposted 4 years ago

I saw this, went to YouTube to find the segment, watched it.

I think this is typical of the left. Take something said, spin it so completely out of context even a perfunctory look at the truth of the statement can allow the casual observer a moment of head shaking at the lie, throw it out to the masses, and then shake your head again as you watch people virtually salivate at the opportunity to spread the lie.

But, I noticed in another thread you think people being lemmings was acceptable. Not surprised to see you starting this.

Randy Godwinposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I watched Carlson make the statement , LTL.  So why did Fox not answer calls for an explanation? And why is Carlson suddenly on vacation shortly after his spiel?

Your last sentence is totally false, LTL. You brought up lemmings in another thread comment. I never mentioned lemmings...

1. Live to Learn profile image60
        Live to Learnposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I brought up lemmings because your comment sounded like you expect humans to act like lemmings.

What I heard on the segment waa something to the effect of....it's a problem but put it in perspective. The number of white nationalists identified would barely fill up the stands at an average basketball game. We have lots of problems and they do not factor in anywhere near the top of the most pressing.

Not the same thing you are peddling here.

How many people would a basketball stadium full of White Supremist folks kill apiece if they have the proper weaponry? That is an AK 47 with a couple of hundred round capacity drums which are easily obtained. 

If you don't consider this scenario, then you're simply blowing smoke with your comments.

I don't know, it seems to me you are assuming every person we'd label white supremacist is going to go on a shooting rampage.

They aren't ticking time bombs. They are an at risk segment of society. We have many of those we aren't addressing.

The problem I see is the left wants to name anyone they disagree with as Nazis, alt right, fascists, etc. So that is just another term the left has conveniently muddled into a confusing set of words whose definition we have no idea if we agree on.

It appears the left, by doing this, wants to throw a smokescreen they can use to falsely brand any who disagree as part of that at risk group, in an attempt to bully a large segment of the population into silence.

You don't gain converts to your way of thinking through intimidation.

What you end up doing by labeling all who you perceive as disagreeing with you the names we all detest is push many to fear this 'white supremacist' conversation is just a stepping stone by the left. They aren't fighting any violence. Not on any front. So what makes this conversation different?

At no juncture have I heard any of those laughing at their political opponents for the false allegation that those who don't agree with you are just scared of any person who isn't white argue in defense of real solutions to stem violence from any quarter. Other than this topic.

It makes one wonder what your motive is. Branding all who disagree with you as white supremacists in other discussions, now claiming all white supremacists are one gun purchase away from mass murder.

I'd be scared too, if I didn't find your arguments so see through.

These ass holes are a symptom of a larger problem. It isn't white supremacy as the only, or even the primary, force driving the violence in our nation. It is one of a large tapestry of problems we aren't willing to work together to solve.

1. wilderness profile image95
              wildernessposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Well said!  Applying labels is a fine scare tactic, designed and often effective at producing fear and/or hate.  Dividing the country is the desired result and it's working.

1. JAKE Earthshine profile image67
                JAKE Earthshineposted 4 years agoin reply to this

https://hubstatic.com/14639301.jpg

Applying "Labels" is perfectly appropriate if the "Label" accurately depicts a person and or group of people: Everyone knows "SCHMUCKER" Carlson is a white nationalist and Trump enabler, a clueless one at that just like all the other little weirdo evening and or late night Communist Russian Loving Propagators of  HATE and Divisiveness Fox gives valuable air-time to:

We also know public evidence supports the "Labels" White Nationalist, Racist, Bigot, Misogynist, Russian Stooge, Prolific LIAR, DUMB, Reckless, Ignorant, Mentally iLL, Strange, Weird, Unpatriotic and Very Unpleasant to Look when appled to Donald John:

2. Randy Godwin profile image59

Deleted

I have not defended him.  I've said everyone using divisive rhetoric should stop.  You sound more in line with racism,  to me.

1. profile image0
                  PrettyPantherposted 4 years agoin reply to this

"I haven't defended him,"

Are you sure about that?

I have,  on a number of occasions,  stated his rhetoric is not helpful and someone should take away his Twitter privileges.

I have also stated all parties should stop the divisive rhetoric.  I don't defend him as much as question the motives behind hypocritical posts of those who always complain about his behavior but not of other politicians who are as equally offensive.

2. Randy Godwin profile image59

Okay, if you say so....    roll

Yes.  I say so.

3. JAKE Earthshine profile image67
    JAKE Earthshineposted 4 years ago

According to reports, Fox Fake Channel has been in sponsor trouble for a very long time: DUMPING Fox like hot cakes: Tucker "Should be wearing a bowtie because at least it makes him look smarter" Carlson is probably GONE from our airwaves just like the rest of this alt right nationalist propaganda outlet: Another nationalist racist moron the likes of which we defeated in the 1940's is GONE from television hopefully:

"Carlson's show loses sponsors after racist audio resurfaces"

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/carlson … 04840.html

4. JAKE Earthshine profile image67
    JAKE Earthshineposted 4 years ago

This is just UNREAL: I just caught a brief film clip of SCHMUCKER Carlson over at that Fox outlet and he actually said something like this when talking about immigrants I'm assuming without papers, coming to the USA:  He said and I paraphrase" "This is like our current culture  in the USA being replaced by foreigners":

I couldn't help but drop in a fit of laughter at this complete fool and then I realized how pathetic and inciteful it is:

1. profile image0

This is the basic fear that certain white people have: that some day they will be a minority race in the U.S. This thought sends shivers down their spines and sends waves of terror through their overactive amygdalas.

It seems they fear mere equality. yikes

1. profile image0

Yes, they have enjoyed their privileged status for so long that equality feels like victimization to them.

2. Live to Learn profile image60

Strange, I always say that is the fear of the whites on the left.

1. profile image0

Make yourself feel better. Think ill of others if you choose. One day, hopefully, you'll explore the insecurities that cause people to go down that path.

1. profile image0

Sigh....understanding research is not "thinking ill of others." Did you notice I said certain whites? I stated: "This is the basic fear that certain white people have: that some day they will be a minority race in the U.S."

46% of whites worry becoming a majority-minority nation will 'weaken American culture,' survey says

White fear of demographic change is powerful psychological force

Now, do you have a rebuttal or just more unfounded nonsense?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)