Tucker is Lying to You.

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (75 posts)
  1. Valeant profile image76
    Valeantposted 22 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/16200269.jpg
    Yup, just the latest gross twisting of something into a very false narrative to enrage his watchers.  The literal definition of being programmed to hate.  But, yeah, millions trust this guy.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/false-claim- … 44660.html

1. Sharlee01 profile image86
      Sharlee01posted 22 months agoin reply to this

In my state we do have mandatory vaccines, we have a list of required vaccines that a child must have before entering school, and kept up as required. They are mandatory unless one can provide a Doctors letter that says the vaccine is not recommended for the child.

If the state decides to take the CDC recommendations and the COVID vaccine is added to the list. Children will need to get it or not attend school.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/imz-manage … index.html
      https://www.michigan.gov/-/media/Projec … afe83dd2a0
      https://www.cedars-sinai.org/blog/back- … -need.html

I would think most states have the same mandated vaccines, and one can opt-out via a Doctors letter.

So, Tucker was right the COVID vaccine could be mandatory if added to a given state's list of vaccines needed to enter school.

I could not find the Tucker show to check out if he covered the fact that it would be up to states if COVID vaccine is added to their required vaccine lists. The tweet does not offer enough context. In my view his tweet was hyperbolic.

Valeantposted 22 months agoin reply to this

"The CDC is about to add the Covid vaccine to the childhood immunization schedule, which would make the vax mandatory for kids to attend school," host Tucker Carlson tweeted.

'Could be' and 'would make' are very different claims.  But his desired goal in making his followers be angry at the CDC for something they do not control seems to be working perfectly as that's now three that have tried to defend his lies.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image81
          Kathryn L Hillposted 22 months agoin reply to this

Then why were we required to wear masks and get the shot?
          They do control and you know it. Why are YOU lying?
          Fauci himself had an overabundance of power, authority and influence and he was NOT an elected official!
          https://www.niaid.nih.gov/about/anthony-s-fauci-md-bio

Masks were state decisions too.  And no one was required to get the shot.  That is you who are lying.  For those that did not choose to get it, they had the option of periodic testing as an alternative.  Before accusing others of lying, please have the facts to back up your claims.

Many across the nation were fired and lost their jobs. Do you have a memory? You back it up! The influence of the CDC was tyrannic.

Since when does being fired equal to being forced to get a vaccine?  Those seem like two separate actions.  Did those who were fired have the choice to remain unvaccinated?  Yes.

Your claim is still false.

In YOUR world!

2. Sharlee01 profile image86

I very much agree that could is a mile from would. As I said the statement was hyperbolic, there is no getting around that. He did cause a stir, as the media often does, and it is detrimental when sharing news. 

I don't watch Tucker do his personal overboard indignation with the subjects he covers.

Repeating:
            No. He believes what he says. He thinks for himself and finds what is not right in the news. He finds what is treacherous to our democratic republic.
            He is creative and humorous and he is acting. Just as Rush Limbaugh did. He was insightful, creative and humorous. Same with Trump

Some people just can't handle true insight, creativity and humor. neutral

I did not say he does not believe what he says, only that his style is hyperbolic or exaggerated. As you said he is acting and creating an atmosphere.  And he does stir or create a style that is insightful as Rush did.

I think in the case of this thread, and the tweet, Tucker chose the wrong word --- would instead of could.  Would indicate something different than could.

I don't know if Trucker does that often, as I said I don't watch him often.

2. Fayetteville Faye profile image60
        Fayetteville Fayeposted 22 months agoin reply to this

I think all vaccines for children are easily and quickly waived for religious reasons.

Yes they are, my son and Daughter- in - law has opted out of many different vaccines using that avenue. So, I don't think this is a big deal, other than for a parent that may not have funds to pay for that Doctors letter.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image81
    Kathryn L Hillposted 22 months ago

Tucker:
    "The CDC is about to add the Covid vaccine to the

childhood immunization schedule,

which would make it mandatory

for kids to attend school..."

The Article:
    Public health experts say there is a legitimate debate over whether schoolchildren should be required to be vaccinated against coronavirus ..." "... Saphier ... appeared in a Fox News segment on Wednesday afternoon, clarifying her comments, but reiterating her criticism that the children's vaccines needed further study."

CDC took to Twitter ... noting that its independent vaccine advisory committee would vote Thursday 'on an updated childhood immunization schedule.' ...The tweet also said: 'States establish vaccine requirements for schoolchildren,  not ... the CDC ..."
    "...The CDC's response drew criticism from public health experts, who said the agency did not explicitly rebuff Carlson's claim or speak in plain language."

"In a statement Wednesday, the CDC said the vaccine panel will be updating its 2023 childhood ... immunization schedules, including whether to add approved or authorized coronavirus vaccines, as guidance to health care providers.

"It's important to note that there are no changes in COVID-19 vaccine policy, and this action,(updating,) would ... help streamline clinical guidance for health care providers by including all currently licensed, authorized and routinely recommended vaccines in one document,' CDC spokesperson Kristen Nordlund said in an email."... "The revised immunization schedules would not take effect until January 2023."... "The updated schedule ... 'is the one place everyone can look to see exactly what all the recommendations are  ...'"

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image81

One can see that he might have easily jumped to conclusions. One can also see that if someone doesn't speak up, it could happen.

One might also be thankful someone has an eagle eye to spot possibilities that should not happen.

One can also see that he was not lying for any nefarious reason, but might have blown it up a bit.
    By mistake. He was alarmed by the idea.

(Who knows what the Government might allow the CDC to mandate these days!)

It was not a conclusion, as the article notes, because the CDC does not control what the mandatory vaccines are that children must have to attend schools.  The states do that.  He literally fabricated something that cannot happen.

Nice try.  But not surprised to see his supporters defending his outright lies.  Not surprised in the least.

He made a mistake by jumping to conclusions, but it wasn't a deliberate lie.

*repeating: Who knows what the Government might allow the CDC to mandate these days!

*repeating: "...The CDC's response drew criticism from public health experts, who said the agency did not explicitly rebuff Carlson's claim or speak in plain language."

So because health experts say that the CDC was not strong enough in their rebuke, that they are in the wrong when Carlson fabricated something not possible?  That's your failed logic here?

'Who knows what the Government might allow the CDC to mandate these days!' - Pure fearmongering not based in any fact.

Based on what happened during the last two years.

Where exactly zero people were forced to get the vaccine.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image81

Many people had to get vaccines just to keep their jobs. The issue has to do with school systems overreaching by mandating the Covid 19 vaccine or Omicron booster.

2. DrMark1961 profile image98
        DrMark1961posted 22 months agoin reply to this

The states do that based on the recommendations of the CDC. Just because it has not happened yet in your back yard do not believe it is not true.

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image81

The vaccines have harmed and killed people.

C o m e  o n  ! ! !

Yeah, so?  This vote allowed access to those wanting them.  It wasn't a vote to mandate them.  Carlson made that crap up.  And you're falling for it by making your own fearmongering post.

... and what are you doing? shutting down perfectly valid fears!

5. Valeant profile image76

Trump is lying to you as well about voter fraud according to a federal judge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdbaGQLvObY&t=100s

If you want(ed) to focus on lies, maybe you better tell us WHY these people are lying.

6. Kathryn L Hill profile image81

Why do you switch topics on your own thread?

Is lying by someone on the right not part of the topic of this thread?  Why do you not see that?

It's best to stick to one topic per thread. And recommended by HP.
        Lying is a side issue in my mind.

https://www.nashp.org/states-enact-poli … to-school/

7. Readmikenow profile image95
    Readmikenowposted 22 months ago

Guess what? That story ran in thousands of newspapers and broadcast on many news outlets.  Tucker Carlson didn't start the story.

It was a story on NBC news.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-n … -rcna53129

Here it is on the Seattle Times

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-wor … anel-says/

Here it is on CBS News

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/ … r-AA13cvLt

Here it is in the Washington Examiner

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/poli … n-schedule

I could go on but there are too many to list.  There are hundreds.  So, if you're going to accuse Tucker Carlson of spreading lies, you have then accuse many news agencies of doing the exact same thing.

Could it have been a conspiracy between the conservative and liberal media?

what does that mean:  " ... a conspiracy BETWEEN the conservative and liberal media?"

2. Valeant profile image76

I just wish those too **** (insert adjective here that would get you banned) to understand how Tucker changed the story to say that the Children's vaccine would be mandatory, would also stop claiming some false equivalency to what other news agencies were posting....

"The CDC is about to add the Covid vaccine to the childhood immunization schedule, which would make the vax mandatory for kids to attend school," host Tucker Carlson tweeted.

The Seattle Times link was made after Carlson's post as they called out his lies at the end of the article.  Could you have posted a worse link?

-  ... who are too ________ to understand that "Tucker purposely lied" to promote rage and hate.

- Why would he twist "something into a very false narrative to enrage his watchers..." ? 

- Why would he want to program his viewers to hate? to hate whom?
        and what?

Do you really not know any reasons why Tucker would lie to his viewers?  If not, there's really no point in starting a discussion with you on the topic.

You just can't answer, I guess. Better luck next time.

Some answers are elementary.  This one is a waste of time since it's so obvious.

But the simplest is that topics that are controversial garner views.  So Tucker has to take something innocuous and fabricate it to something controversial to get the idiots who watch him to stay interested.

Good way to end. Have a great day. wink

That would be great. I have nothing much to say to your postings.

2. Readmikenow profile image95
        Readmikenowposted 22 months agoin reply to this

All that tells me is new information was made public that was able to be put in the Seattle Times article. 

How about the hundreds of other articles? I suppose then there are hundreds of new agencies intentionally telling lies to people.

Why focus only on Tucker Carlson?  You've got hundreds of news agencies you can call liars.

You still seem to be in denial about the Carlson claim that adding the Covid vaccine to the immunization schedule would make it mandatory for kids to attend school.  He is the only one who claimed that.  And that is the lie you cannot seem to wrap your head around. 

Go back and check all those hundreds of news agencies and see who claimed what Carlson did.  I doubt you find any who made that same claim.

The issue is confusing and who knows what the future will bring.

I am truly confused by your hatred for Tucker Carlson.

1. Fayetteville Faye profile image60

Tucker Carlson is akin to an actor. Who knows if he even believes half of the stuff he spouts. He's there to play a role. He's laughing all the way to the bank with the performance of a lifetime as a political agitator.  He found a niche to be filled, people who want a commentator who yells and preaches outrage.

No. He believes what he says. He thinks for himself and finds what is not right in the news. He finds what is treacherous to our democratic republic.

1. Fayetteville Faye profile image60

He doesn't at all. He's raking in the money on scaremongering. Even his own network says he is for entertainment purposes only.

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/91774712 … ox-s-lawye

2. Valeant profile image76

The issue is not confusing.  States get to decide the issue.

It is not hatred to try and enlighten those being told untruths to program them to hate their own government.  It's an attempt to save them from themselves.

"It is not hatred to try and enlighten those being told untruths to program them to hate their own government.  It's an attempt to save them from themselves."

Hatred of government is a good thing, in general. Get real.

'Hatred of government is a good thing, in general. Get real.'

Spoken like someone who has already been radicalized.  Thank you for displaying exactly why I'm a one-issue voter for the time being.

1. DrMark1961 profile image98

Good to hear that you were a supporter of government when Trump was in power.

2. Fayetteville Faye profile image60

Healthy skepticism of a government is a very good thing but that goes across the board regardless of which party is in power. This is what I find disingenuous  about those of you on the far right. You're completely suspicious of a Democrat administration but you don't apply the same scrutiny to administrations of your own party whatsoever. It's just all partisan BS. Your politicians know it also. They take advantage of you. They have you Hoodwinked with conspiracy and fear mongering.

1. DrMark1961 profile image98

Your first sentence makes a lot of sense but then you start with the same sort of political droll that makes the others shut you out. Yes, there are people on the right unwilling to apply scrutiny to their administratioin; there are just as many people on the left that are unwilling to see their politicians errors.

8. Valeant profile image76

Sharlee's first paragraph has noble goals, there's nothing wrong with those pursuits.

Fascists, without cause though?

Considering the majority of the MAGA movement refused to accept the results of a free and fair election based on lies would make them fascist in nature.  That almost 300 candidates in the midterms are election deniers makes them fascist.  That a leader saying they wished their generals were more like the ones under Hitler is fascist.  Calling the media the enemy of the people is fascist.  Undermining the rule of law by obstructing justice is fascist.  Asking government employees for personal fealty instead of fealty to the Constitution is fascist.  Attacking anyone who dares question or stand against you is fascist.   Organizing an attack on your own government to prevent the peaceful transfer of power is beyond fascist.  When the leader of your party espouses openly racist terms like 'China Virus' and 'Coco Chow' that increases hate crimes against certain Americans, that party ight be fascist in nature.

There is plenty of cause out there and so many examples.  When MAGA followers violently attack churches, synagogues, the FBI, and their own Capitol; when they make domestic terror threats to school boards and election workers, they are a clear and present danger to the country. 

I'm with Faye, Biden didn't go far enough in denouncing the programming Trump is doing with his base that is causing violence against their own government and officials.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 22 months agoin reply to this

"Considering the majority of the MAGA movement refused to accept the results of a free and fair election based on lies would make them fascist in nature."

Yes, and the majority of the BLM movement burned cities, occupied police stations and attacked anything connected with law and order.

A handful of loud voices do not make a "majority", not even when hatred of Trump and anything from Trump indicates it has to be so.

2. Sharlee01 profile image86

First, I can respect where you are coming from. I realize there are Americans that share your views.  Both sides have strong feelings about MAGA and its supporters. Mine are formed by appreciating the concepts of what MAGA stands for and ultimately could offer America.  Which I could write a book on.

"Considering the majority of the MAGA movement refused to accept the results of a free and fair election based on lies would make them fascist in nature. "

This is your view, there is no evidence that a majority of MAGA followers are election deniers. And no even if a person believes the election was fraudulent that does not make them fascist.

What does being a fascist mean?
      What does fascism mean? A fascist is someone who supports or promotes fascism—a system of government led by a dictator who typically rules by forcefully and often violently suppressing opposition and criticism, controlling all industry and commerce, and promoting nationalism and often racism.

"That almost 300 candidates in the midterms are election deniers makes them fascist. "

I request you offer proof of this statement.

" Calling the media the enemy of the people is fascist."
      This is a view, that the right to freedom of speech offers.

" Organizing an attack on your own government to prevent the peaceful transfer of power is beyond fascist."

It is clear that some Trump supporters did plan a protest that turned into a riot at the capitol. Which it well appears they will all go to prison for. This was a small handful of people, not a Majority of MAGA supporters.

" There is plenty of cause out there and so many examples.  When MAGA followers attack churches, synagogues, the FBI, and their own Capitol;"

Again a small handful of citizens that took it upon themselves to break the law.

MAGA is a concept, an agenda. Many Americans feel it is a positive agenda for this time in our history.  To put America back on a more positive path, to rebuild, and solve problems that we currently are experiencing.

In my own view, the majority of Republicans feel as I do, we need new conservative representation that will consider putting America first. I do feel the majority will speak in Nov.  Perhaps you will feel differently after the elections, and respect that MAGA  just means "Make America Great Again".  And it does not support violence, or anything anti-American.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)