My favorite country song about guns.

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (43 posts)
  1. Castlepaloma profile image76
    Castlepalomaposted 4 years ago

https://youtu.be/N0Wn3Eey6dY

This makes right wingers MADD of hell, more than anything I have ever seen.

1. GA Anderson profile image89
      GA Andersonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Blasphemy, pure Left-wing Blasphemy!

But it was funny blasphemy, so I guess it's okay. ;-)

GA

Castlepalomaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Charlton Heston gave his media buz entrenched right-wing views and guns where his acting career was of secondary importance.
        Should we be influenced by  Heston beliefs in God and guns, anymore than by Jim Carrey's peaceful demonstration.  Does it matter that Tom Cruise and John Travolta are Scientologists, or that Shirley Maclaine or Pope are waiting for aliens?  Why should I be told where to stand and who mouth other people's words of second handme downs messages? Why altered my veiws for Jimmy Stewart gung-ho about the Vietnam war? War and guns solves nothing.

Was it Blasphemy just because
        Charles Heston makes biblical movies flawed in much factual or evidence. Was it insulting to Heston God anymore than to Gandhi's God who was actually shot to death? Why would God approve guns or nukes rather than Jim Carrey funny peaceful demonstration? Jim's showed no Burning, destroying and vandalising anything religious or symbols for the simple minded. No spitting or urinating on anything religious. I don't think just disagreeing about guns makes anyone a blasphemist. Do you?

1. GA Anderson profile image89
          GA Andersonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

My comment was intended as a joke.

GA

2. Castlepaloma profile image76

You have to admit Jim is a great singer.

3. hard sun profile image77
    hard sunposted 4 years ago

Concur...Charleton's chariot not likely to be swinging low

4. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 4 years ago

So many hilarious touches. "Clearly Sam Elliott" and "biting social satire."

Yes, this one does not go over well with some people.

5. Live to Learn profile image60
    Live to Learnposted 4 years ago

Since Charlton Heston is dead it does seem to be in incredibly poor taste. Was this done prior to 2008?

Do you know any jokes about Jesus?, ....I suppose not.

Charlton Heston was most famous for biblically movies, that were top grossing movies at the time. Today the top grossing biblically movie was Noah with Russel Crowe. Only biblical movie in the top 100 grossing films of all time was Noah. Many Christians believe it was the most unbiblical movie ever made..

1. Live to Learn profile image60
        Live to Learnposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Lol. But Jesus isn't dead and I'm sure he can take a joke. I hope so anyway because I laugh at most of them.

6. Castlepaloma profile image76

Charles would shoot Jim if he were alive.lol.

Ignorant crap like that always solicits an roll

Tell me when Charlton Heston ever shot another human being.

2. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Lol, good one. Most will know it's a joke. The lol is an excellent clue.

"Biting social satire" ....

The man is dead. I'm not surprised some of you find it funny.

1. profile image0

Oh, please. Lighten up. roll

Yes. Let's all make jokes about a dead man.  Not interested.

1. profile image0

Good! We wouldn't want your face to crack from the strain of laughing. Lol

rib
              1. n. a joke; an act of teasing. I didn’t mean any harm. It was just a little rib.
              2. tv. to tease someone. Please don’t rib me any more tonight. I’ve had it.

You're alive, so it's acceptable. Lol

It is so far removed from the category of good taste I'm afraid I'm just going to have to pass.

1. profile image0

Taste is the enemy of art. Someone said that.

I hope we can agree that bad taste in humor, as in art, is subjective.

Your not suppose to taste it.

Like that.
                  Taste is the enemy of art.

You notice, Lincoln, Gandhi and Lennon were all shot to death, and they are all
                  in the band.

7. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 4 years ago

More Charlton humor. Caution for you delicate types: Cussing inside this link.

https://thehardtimes.net/blog/bullshit- … ing-a-gun/

8. IslandBites profile image89
    IslandBitesposted 4 years ago

The left have no sense of humor any more! Oh wait...

What was that about "whining and Oh! This PC world of the left"?!

lol

1. profile image0

Yes, and who can forget "the left is like a bunch of church ladies on crack."

big_smile

I can see a church lady on crack finding humor in making fun of a dead man.  big_smile

1. profile image0

Of course you can.

Aww gee. No witty comeback?

1. profile image0

I guess you didn't get it.

Now you're just funning me.

2. Live to Learn profile image60

Mocking the dead is beneath most decent people. Ignorance is no excuse.

There is 100 billion people who have lived on this planet, and then have died. You mean, Not one, we can joke or laugh about.

I hope everyone at my funeral is partying, laughing and having a good time. Not so much sadness and crying out horrible screems.

There are countries where the culture has the best parties and parades in honor of beloved death. Alot of tragedy in comedy too. I have an honest policy and never harmed anyone in my life. I'm I as decent as someone who loves God and Guns.

You do realize the difference between celebrating at a funeral and making fun of a dead person? Right?

Either way. Judging by Jim Cary's look this was made before 2008. It would have been funny then. After that, not so much.

It would be like making jokes at the expense of John McCain.

1. profile image0

It was released  in 2013, three months after Sandy Hook.

It will go down as one of the greatest examples of "biting social satire" ever made. I just watched it again. It is truly brilliant. I catch something new every time I watch it.

Charlton Heston dared Al Gore to pry his gun from his "cold, dead hand" at an NRA convention in 2000.

We have done nothing to curb mass shootings since Sandy Hook. THAT is offensive.

Carrey's lyrics in the song were meant to specifically target male gun owners below the belt and the NRA.

How can this be insulting to Heston death other than Heston supporting guns. When God, guns and war killings, kill more people than for any other reason. Except poverty, poverty poor is over control by their fear of guns and over authority.

Since the song is specifically referencing Charlton Heston your comment makes zero sense. Which isn't unusual for your comments.

The poster boy for the NRA and gun owners is Charlton Heston which makes perfect sense.

You have little ability to see the big pictures. I base my life on good sense, like love, not war.

Again. A ridiculous comment. I guess I'll stop reading your posts since I am aware of the definition of insanity and don't want to fall in that trap.

What are guns design for, other than killing?. It's not for safety, your much safer not having a gun.

Killing someone is top insanity in my books. No brainer to me. What other insaneity is worst than a done deal, finished, like killing someone?  Your more likely to kill someone with a gun, you know,  than a burglar. Your three times more likely to kill yourself by having a gun than by not having one.

More Americans Vietnam vets commited suicide than were killed over in Vietnam. Show me something esle more insane in numbers. I visit six war zone countries nothing on earth comes closer to insanity hell than war with guns.

Don't tell me abortion because each person first has their own human right to their own human bodies in or out.

9. Castlepaloma profile image76

Most Americans don't see the right and left are the wings of the same bird. They both want guns to protect their greedy interest. Disallowing wiser third parties since the beginning.

10. Castlepaloma profile image76

I saw a MADD magazine comic strip about TV series of Kung Fu martial art  a western drama television series starring David Carradine.
    MADD showed David (star) allowed American cowboys to beat him up. Then asked the American cowboys dose that not make you all feel very bad by beating me up. (taught by grasshopper teacher) the cowboys response was, well I feel pretty good. Another said... yeah I fell great actually.

Now I know why my ethical rules of no harm falls on too many American deaf ears. Good thing, not all American are like that.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)