$0.00 earnings

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (21 posts)
  1. beth811 profile image76
    beth811posted 14 years ago

What might have been wrong in my hubs, why I always had this $0.00 earnings everyday in my google adsense. Any advise from hubbers out there? Thanks.

2. steffer profile image61
    stefferposted 14 years ago

have you activated your adsense account and copied the code in your hubpage account?

beth811posted 14 years agoin reply to this

My google adsense is okay.

1. futurenetads profile image59
        futurenetadsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How many visitors are you getting daily

3. rumbling profile image49
    rumblingposted 14 years ago

Either you haven't activated it or you haven't added your Publisher id in the affiliate section. With 23 hubs you should be making something with 23 hubs.

I had already an affiliated code in my google adsense. In fact, I was earning $0.52 in August. But in September, I had 0 earnings.

4. profile image0
    Aquaposted 14 years ago

Do you have analytics set up? If so, is it a close match to what adsense is telling you re: stats?

Yes, I have the analytics set up. This is the report -

Visits

Page Views

Pages/Visit

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Forgive me if I am wrong, but are you saying that you have had just 11 page views in a whole month?

If so, then I am afraid that you are just not getting anybody reading your stuff. If nobody reads then nobody clicks.

Search for hubs on 'Traffic' or 'SEO' or 'Keywords'..... there are hubs out there which will give you great lessons on how to drive traffic.

5. beth811 profile image76
    beth811posted 14 years ago

The report from analytics stated above is from Sept. 1 to Oct.1. What might be other causes for this 0 earning?

1. futurenetads profile image59
      futurenetadsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think its difficult to get clicks for these results,you'r getting very low traffic

6. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 14 years ago

If no one clicks on the ads, you don't earn anything.  That's what your Sept stats are showing.

7. earner profile image82
    earnerposted 14 years ago

Hi

It can be disheartening when the income isn't flooding in.  And it's hard to hear the opinions of others and open your hubs up for scrutiny, so well done to you, I couldn't take the exposure smile

I had a quick look at just one of your hubs: http://hubpages.com/hub/Awareness-on-Breast-Cancer

The things I noticed were:

1] It is hard to read
    2] Your pictures dominate
    3] Keywording
    4] Volume of hubs

Fixing that:

1] It looks like all your text is in one text module.  Split it out into different modules.  If it is in different modules, then give each module a title, typed into the title box of the module.  This will break it up and make it easier to read.

2] Your images are dominating the piece, swamping your words.  The pictures don't need to be so large. Edit each one, making it half width or quarter width.

3] You could add some more keywords in there. e.g. one of your sections is Lumpectomy, yet this isn't in your keywords.  Add in relevant keywords from your text.  If you've gone through splitting your text up into different modules and adding titles to each section, then make sure the  important words from the titles are in the keywords.

4] I have a particular theory about volumes.  You certainly need more hubs than you have ... one of the problems of having a few hubs is you spend more time checking your traffic and income than you do writing more hubs.  Try to concentrate on writing the hubs and ignoring the income.  The more you write, the more powerful your hubs will become.  I am convinced that 1000 hubs is the tipping point at which time hubs would be a full-time income for anybody.  1000 hubs is just one a day for 3 years.  Remember, hubs have the ability to pay you a residual income for years to come, so it's worth while putting the effort in.  Why not try one of the 30 day hub challenges to get you started.

Next, promoting your hubs

I am trying to set myself a target of finding one place per day where I can link somebody to one of my hubs.  So look around the internet, join some other forums where you can add a link to one or more of your hubs into the signature, then just post on the forum.  Or, look around at other places (e.g. Yahoo Answers) and go looking for questions where you hub directly answers the question.

My target is to find just ONE place per day where I can link a community to one of my hubs.

But I had just submitted my hub on breast cancer few hours ago. What about the earnnings of my other hubs? Anyway, thanks for the advise. I will check that hub and make some amendments. Again, thank you, earner.

2. jacobkuttyta profile image43
      jacobkuttytaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your good advice.  I am benefited from it

3. beth811 profile image76

What do you mean Lumpectomy is not in my keywords? Can you please help me understand about putting relevant keywords from my text ,as what you stated? Please be patient with me, earner. I want to improve my hubs. And you are of great help to me.

8. profile image0
    Aquaposted 14 years ago

Wow Earner! Now that's a well thought out response! Great input smile

9. profile image0
    Aquaposted 14 years ago

Beth, if you're unsure what a keyword is then you have some reading to do. Don't worry though - just begin by checking out some of the hubs here:

http://hubpages.com/topics/hubpages/2848

Reading some of these should help.

I know it's confusing at first, but the more you read, the more it will all fall into place. Also, study top hubber's hubs to get a feel for how they are constructed.

Thanks, Aqua.

10. Marketing Sucesso profile image62
    Marketing Sucessoposted 14 years ago

With only 7 visits it´s hard to get income.

11. earner profile image82
    earnerposted 14 years ago

This is actually quite a big subject, about traffic and clicks ... just don't be despondent, chip away at all the elements over time. 

There's a lot to building a great hub that gets fab traffic and attracts high paying ads that people click on.

Rome wasn't built in a day - and nothing you write or do is ever wasted.

Once it's written and published, it's out there - and you can go back at any time and tweak/change it, so as you learn more, or get new ideas, you can go back and tweak/improve it all the time.

Writing hubs, to get money, to build a residual income is just like a "real job", you learn something new every day that makes tomorrow's work easier and quicker.

Good luck!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)