Secret Service hasn't reported expenses since 2016

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (31 posts)
  1. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago

Donald Trump charges a lot of money for a room at his resorts. Even the Secret Service pays $650 a night for the pleasure of guarding the POTUS,

Vice President of the Trump Co.--Eric Trump--says they are losing money from the SS staying at Trump resorts, but we don't really know because the SS hasn't furnished their bi-yearly expense reports to Congress since 2016.

Does anyone else smell b******t?

1. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I heard on the news last night that they said they "forgot." Now that they have been reminded, how long do you think it will take for them to file the reports? At least until after the election would be my guess.

2. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Interesting thought - that the SS expense report will tell us if Trump Co. is losing money.  Are there any other completely ridiculous notions you'd like to present as a dig at the President?

Randy Godwinposted 4 years agoin reply to this

What's ridiculous about Congressional oversight, Dan?  Are we supposed simply take the SS at their word they're not spending exorbitant amounts of money at Trump owned properties?

1. profile image0

Wilderness gets really bent out of shape about poor people receiving government help but couldn't care less about Trump lining his pockets with taxpayer money.

My thoughts exactly, Sandy. What does that tell you?

What has that to do with SS reports and profits by private companies?

Just another baseless, and really stupid, dig at someone that disagrees with your politics, wherein only those approved by you are competent to serve?

1. profile image0

You have previously stated, more than once, that you think it acceptable for Trump to spend as much time as he wants away from the WH, whether  golfing or at Mar-a-Lago. You have previously stated, more than once, that you have no problem with the SS paying Trump to stay at his hotels, that you have no problem with government funds being used by hundreds of government emp!oyees, elected officials, foreign dignitaries, etc., to stay at Trump facilities.

To my knowledge, there hasn't been a single new proposed government  expenditure on health care, child welfare, adult welfare, college education, or any other program to help the disadvantaged that you have supported in the entire time I have been on these forums. Perhaps I missed it, though, so please share if that is the case.

Otherwise, what I stated is true.

It relates to SS reports of expenditures because some people think it's wrong for a president to profit from the government.  It used to be an accepted tenet of an ethical government. The Trump administration knows this and is not above covering up or lying to avoid exposing Trump's corruption.

1. wilderness profile image95

You're right - you missed it.  Or forgot or ignored it.

I have consistently said we need a safety net, and that those in need in our country often aren't getting it.

However, I also find that your "disadvantaged" is better termed "unwilling".  When an able bodied person is receiving welfare for years, even for life, it isn't about being "disadvantaged"; it is about spreading the wealth.

And THAT I have a problem with.  Earn your way through life rather than demanding that someone else pay for what you want but won't put forth the effort to earn yourself.

So you do care if Trump's making money off of the govt, he hadn't earned? Otherwise he wouldn't visit his resorts so often.

At $650 a night per SS personnel, this tends to add to a tidy sum Trump's resorts. would otherwise not received.

1. wilderness profile image95

What in the world does that have to do with our welfare system?  Or can you just not get away from the TDS?

2. profile image0

So, you judge others as being perfectly able to work, as though you know better than those who are tasked with making that determination? Ànd, I noticed you said ZERO about Trump.personally profiting from taxpayer funds.

$650 per night per room is way more damaging to the taxpayer's  pocketbook than, say, the $75o per month received by a person the government has determined as not able to work.

You didn't say anything to indicate that you care as much or more about Trump lining his pockets with your money  as you care about a person being determined by the government to need financial help.

Don't think no one else noticed your point, Sandy. It's okay if Trump pisses away our tax money, but don't give any away to those in need. What a hypocrite!

Is $650 per night for a few nights a year, or even EVERY night in a year, more damaging that $750 per month, every month, times several million?  Or did you "forget" that tiny detail; there is one Trump and tens of millions on Welfare, building heavier chains every month to keep them dependent on government?

But I've said it before in these forums; it is a very sad person that thinks every other person in their neighborhood, circle of friends or family is either mentally or physically capable of providing for their own support.  Personally I think a lot (a LOT!) more of our fellow citizens.

What's ridiculous is that thinking seeing SS expenditures will show whether or not Trump companies are earning. 

"Vice President of the Trump Co.--Eric Trump--says they are losing money from the SS staying at Trump resorts, but we don't really know because the SS hasn't furnished their bi-yearly expense reports to Congress since 2016."

YOUR words, indicating that if we only had those SS reports of expenses we would know, somehow, whether a profit is being made or not by the vendor they use.  Ridiculous.

What is ridiculous is the SS regularly reports twice a year on their expenses to Congress, but haven't reported since 2016. Coincidentally, the year the cretin took office.

Why are you so angry the Congress has oversight on Trump's jaunts? That's the real question.

3. Live to Learn profile image61
      Live to Learnposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Everyone should always submit their expense reports. I don't see a need to speculate on nefarious motives but I guess I understand why you would. And pp. I see she chimed in.

2. Trailman01 profile image61
    Trailman01posted 4 years ago

Yes we do smell it , its mostly from your side of the Trump resist fence however .

3. Trailman01 profile image61
    Trailman01posted 4 years ago

I know Randy , Start taking Trump hotel charges out of the SALARY TRUMP DOESN'T ACCEPT in fact donates to good causes .

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)