The Guy Who Runs That Outfit Over There

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (35 posts)
  1. Sharlee01 profile image79
    Sharlee01posted 3 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/15454000_f1024.jpg
    Biden seems to forget the defense secretary’s name, calls him ‘the guy who runs that outfit. and the two women"

President Biden on Monday appeared to forget Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin’s name at a White House event — calling the New Pentagon chief "the guy who runs that outfit over there."

Biden was announcing the nomination of two female generals,   Air Force Gen. and Jacqueline Van Ovost to lead the US Transportation Command and Army Lt. Gen. Laura Richardson to lead US military combatant commands and gave a speech which he read from a teleprompter. Earlier at the speech, Biden mentioned the Defense Department leader by his name, “Secretary Austin,” while reading from a teleprompter.
    In closing off the teleprompter said this ---

"And I want to thank the sec — the the , ah former general. I keep calling him general, but my, my — the guy who runs that outfit over there,"   President Biden March 9, 2021

Biden was clearly confused and remained so later that same afternoon when visiting a Washington Hardware store. The media attempted to ask him questions --- he stood mute looking from side to side as if looking for someone.

It has been 49 days and Biden has yet to give a press conference. It is also been reported that Biden has not taken several calls from foreign leaders. It has been reported that VP Harris has taken foreign leader's calls from France, Isreal, and Canada.

Why is this president not available off monitor,  to answer questions from the media? In my opinion, he is experiencing mentation problems, it is very evident when he speaks off the monitor he is showing "deer in the headlights" confusion. We the people need to demand this man be cognitively evaluated. Can't imagine what Foreign leaders are thinking about our president.

So, what do you think?

Thoughts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTmSg4CmxyY
    https://nypost.com/2021/03/08/biden-see … arys-name/

1. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yawn.

Sharlee01posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Just my opinion --- but, I bet you yawn a lot.

1. profile image0

When reading yet another thread about Biden's alleged mental deficiencies, yeah.

Is he not the president?   His confusion certainly is not magically going to go away. Just plan to point it out as I see it. Otherwise, as time goes by I would need to write a book.

Thanks for adding your comment, riveting as always.

1. profile image0

I had a boss who called me Sharon half the time (my name is Sandy). I suppose he was "confised," too? He also happened to be one of the top three attorneys in the city. He had a speech disorder. Imagine that!

Hmmmm, I wonder if Biden does, too?

Deleted

1. profile image0

I don't think unsuccessfully searching your mind for a name you know constitutes "memory loss." Otherwise, we would have not invented the term "whatshisname."

2. Valeant profile image88
              Valeantposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Try loading the whole video where he said Austin's name literally a few minutes before that. 

More half-truths do not equate to your delusions.

1. wilderness profile image94
                wildernessposted 3 years agoin reply to this

That he said the name a few minutes prior would seem to support the idea of mental problems.  That's not uncommon in those with Alzheimer's or dementia; it only takes minutes or even seconds to forget what just happened.

1. Valeant profile image88

So by the logic of this thread, neither of you had any problem also supporting someone who has the same issues of dementia or Alzheimer's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOM87mNHR1M

My personal favorite had to be, 'Thank you, Steve.'

It's also really nice to see issues you've been willing to ignore for the past four years suddenly become issues to you.

1. profile image0

I don't think either man has dementia. One, however, is mentally ill.

2. wilderness profile image94
                    wildernessposted 3 years agoin reply to this

As is almost always the case, I said nothing about Biden's supposed issue; only that you seemingly supported the idea of a supposed issue by way of your own comment.  You are the one that pointed out Biden's forgetfulness, not I - I only commented that you are apparently supporting the theory there is a problem.

My comment referenced your's, whereupon you immediately declare what I think about Biden (and of course Trump).  Typical.

3. Sharlee01 profile image79

I gave an opinion as a layman. Trump certainly had a habit of murdering names. He never appeared confused.   That's my right. In my opinion, Biden's confused, and all in his circle know it, and he is being handled as best they can at this point.  This man has no control over what he said and has been most likely told to not say anything as witnessed anytime he shuffles out after an appearance.

2. Sharlee01 profile image79

Yeah... Plus I actually noted in my opening comment the fact he did make mention of Austin's name twist before forgetting it.  Selective thinking is so dangerous to one's intelligence.  And so many today due to media blurbs have picked up this disturbing habit.

2. Sharlee01 profile image79

Please read my opening comment. Always better to read a complete comment instead of selecting a few words.

" Earlier at the speech, Biden mentioned the Defense Department leader by his name, “Secretary Austin,” while reading from a teleprompter.
                In closing off the teleprompter said this ---"

But thank you... I found the very FACT that he had used Austin's name twist within seconds of forgetting his name,  aided in confirmed my opinion that he is a very confused man.

It would seem you are falling into a bad habit of selecting only a few words out of a paragraph and adding your own context. No half-truths here, I presented the full context of what went down. The "whole ball of wax".

1. Valeant profile image88

Yeah, I did skim past that in the book you wrote during your original post.  That was my error.

So sorry for not adopting the art of presenting blurbs. I guess I hope to provide some info on how I come about an opinion. I just don't come to an opinion from short bylines or articles that have five or six sentences. I like to try to look at any subject as new, something I could learn from, something that blurbs just don't do justice. In fact, one can come out the other end appearing as if they just bye blurbs and run with them and could care very little about truth.

2. IslandBites profile image88
    IslandBitesposted 3 years ago

Who knows. Maybe you'll get your wish; President Kamala. smile

Can you imagine, PP? lol

1. profile image0

Oh, yes, I can imagine. big_smile. Countless threads about how shrill and arrogant she is, and insinuations about just how she rose to the top because it's surely not due to her professional competence, and how she simply is not equipped to be Commander in Chief because she is not respected.

It will be glorious. big_smile

"Countless threads" --- Really? I must have missed them.  Although I do find her laugh shrill, and she laughs inappropriately.  When she can't address a given subject.

1. profile image0

My post was speculation about what will occur here when/if Kamala Harris becomes president.

You're already confirming some of my predictions. big_smile

Oh, I would say you are 100% correct.  And there would be tons more to come if Harris ever fell into being president.  OMG, her history as a senator alone one could write a book.

1. profile image0

Yes, I have no doubt. I have already seen how she is characterized by the opposition and it is not pretty. It will be magnified if she runs for president or becomes president.

I have not witnessed too much of this on the HP forum. I myself during the campaign went after her job performance as a senator., and a few of her media statements when the summer protests were occurring. And hey, you sort of reminded me about her voice. I find it more nasally than shrill. I don't care about her voice or much else but her job history. Can she do a job?

And you are correct her entire lie will be scrutinized if she for any reason becomes the president. It's called media dirty laundry. And over the past few years has become much worse with cancel culture. In my opinion, the Republicans have joined in the ugly fun of dropping their values and bashing and canceling as good as any Dem. Some can of worms...

3. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 3 years ago

"Selective thinking is so dangerous to one's intelligence.  And so many today due to media blurbs have picked up this disturbing habit."

big_smile

In this case, I perfectly pointed out Val's selective thinking. He chose to totally ignore the words in my comment. He selected what he hoped to see, not what was actually stated.  Sorry, I am going to point out if I am addressed as Val did.

Never sure what you are making an attempt to convey.

1. profile image0

I am attempting to see the humor and irony of you seeing "selective thinking" in others when the OP is a shining example of selective thinking.

Please don't take it personally. It's just funny.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)