Is this true?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (25 posts)
  1. Misbah786 profile image86
    Misbah786posted 2 years ago

https://hubstatic.com/15499666.jpg
    ~~~~ Pic by Saatchi Art

What’s worse than being hated is being ignored, because it’s like you don’t exist at all and your presence is nothing.

– Anurag Prakash Ray

1) Do the person who ignores feels himself guilty at any stage of life?
    2) Is it really important to ignore someone in life?
    3) Can someone who once was very kind and caring can ignore someone they used to admire most?

Thanks!!

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Personally I don't have a serious problem of ignoring people. Yet today, i have not ever seen so many people divide as this covid world order.

My success system for dealing with people is the best game of life that you could play of all games played, as far as I know. It's Tip for Tat. I'm dealing with everyone on different degrees of energy and investment, higher or lower. Always open and very curious.

Misbah786posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Nice of you Castlepaloma smile

2. manatita44 profile image70
      manatita44posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Why not? We are here for life-lessons and while some will be long-staying, like the moon, others will appear and disappear like clouds. Again, sometimes it's not personal, even if it appears so, as each soul has its own troubles and its thoughts turn largely unto itself.

However, we do feel ignored and hated, because we want to be loved. On one level, the desire to love and be loved is very real. Yet on a higher level, the universe is ours to grasp and learn its life-lessons.

All enemies are internal, not outside: fear, resentment, hatred, jealousy, ego, attachments ... insecurity ... shall I name more? As soon as you've learnt the lesson, move on. Your goal is infinitely larger than things you will find quite petty one day. Shalom!

1. manatita44 profile image70

As your Archarya, I tell you that all you see, or rather how you see them, is a reflection of your own state, your own mirror. That's ok, my sweet angel. We cannot move faster than Grace.

Manatita, Thanks a lot your opinions are always precious to me. I respect your thoughts. Thanks for the help.
          Peace always!!

2. Misbah786 profile image86

Bro, I have a question. What does a sudden change indicates? For example if a friend take a back step from you all of a sudden without an explanation. Without saying anything. Stops replying you or starts to give you cold hearted replies and you feel the unnecessary change in their attitude.Is it all just our "own mirror"? I know,  True friend is Only God,  but still is it just normal to react so harshly? Do God not ask us to be polite with each other??? smile

1. manatita44 profile image70

You will not learn without the pain. All spiritual Masters, including the Christ, says that it is easy to love those who love us. The real challenge comes when we encounter adversity. Live your life and yes, do your duty to the best of your ability, but do not expect from humans. We all have our own challenges. "Peace begins when expectation ends." - Sri Chinmoy

Of course all this may be difficult now. Don't rush! Guru ji used to say that not everyone has to row, but just stay in the boat. Salaam!

Thanks a lot for the beautiful words dear brother. The warmth of your words really comforted my soul ---Great words by your Guruji.
            God Bless You Always and Shower His Countless Blessings on You
            Much Gratitude
            Blessings and Peace

3. JeremiahStoryteller profile image82
      JeremiahStorytellerposted 2 years agoin reply to this

1. Some people are so thick that they can't realise when they have offended others. That means  they don't feel guilty. However, there those who are sensitive. They therefore feel guilty at some point in their lives.

I appreciate your kind response
        Blessings

2. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Hello Misbah. Interesting questions you pose.
    1.Your first question is hard to answer. Some people would feel very guilty for ignoring someone, while others feel no guilt at all.
    2.Maybe you should ignore someone if they are toxic and they constantly depress you, insult you, or give off bad vibes.
    3. Yes, probably due to jealousy or animosity for some reason.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”
    ~ Nicholas Klein (often attributed to Mahatma Gandhi)

Thanks a lot, John, I agree the first question is really hard to answer.
      I like your answers. You answered each question very wisely.
      The quote you mentioned is very beautiful and motivational too. Much Gratitude!!
      Blessings always smile

3. Tanmoy Acharya 100 profile image54
    Tanmoy Acharya 100posted 2 years ago

Hi,

(The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them: that's the essence of inhumanity.

George Bernard Shaw)

1. They would feel guilty if they themselves are ignored by someone. Then, with each act of ignoring, they will remember what they themselves did.

2. Ignoring is equal to cruelty. I do not want be cruel.

3. Admiration depends on our knowledge: how much do we know about the person. If our knowledge of the person increases or decreases, our admiration for them will also fluctuate. Hence, we need a more adaptive instrumentation regarding admiration towards any person. If we follow Immanuel Kant, then we should not admire anyone, because we do not know who they actually are in their thing-in-itself manifestation.

Some may revere Gandhi, for example. But who knows who Gandhi really was in his thing-in-itself level?

You answered very well, Tanmoy
      But I have objections with the 2nd question. You said you don't want to be cruel. I think nobody wants to be. But the question was, Is it really important to ignore someone in life? (Being human we do ignore people) why you think we do it, Is it important sometimes?

1. Tanmoy Acharya 100 profile image54
        Tanmoy Acharya 100posted 2 years agoin reply to this

If you sense that interacting with them may cause trouble(s), then it is better to ignore them. That way, you are not getting engaged with them directly, and they can not complain either!

Good smile

1. Tanmoy Acharya 100 profile image54
            Tanmoy Acharya 100posted 2 years agoin reply to this

smile

4. Tanmoy Acharya 100 profile image54
  5. Tanmoy Acharya 100 profile image54
  6. ravirajan01 profile image94
    ravirajan01posted 2 years ago

Misbah, it is all dependent on one's appetite to take in grief and heartbreak. Sometimes confrontation and argument might simply not work. In such cases just ignore and walk away. I know it sounds brutal but it finally helps everybody.

Ravi, what you said is true, I think maybe sometimes is good to walk away. Yes, of course it takes time to heal for the one who's being ignored but Do the person who ignores feels himself guilty at any stage of life?

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
        Castlepalomaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I would get rid of negative people, yet at the same time I don't burn my bridges. I deal only at the lowest level them.

7. profile image60
    Fredastaire12posted 15 months ago
      Misbah786posted 15 months agoin reply to this

Thank you, Fredastaire. One of my best friends who passed away shared that link... I wonder what you would like to read more.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)