Low Quality Hubs Eating Hubpages Quality

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)
  1. profile image49
    spam_finderposted 14 years ago

Low quality Hubs in Hubpages.

Invisible Hubbers eating the quality of Hubpages

<snipped>
    (Hubber score is 11 with 1000 hubs)

<snipped>
    (Hubber score is 40 with 3754 Hubs)

If any of you come across such low profile hubbers with bulk hubs please flag and report them. Add their Profiles here so everyone can See and Know.

2. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 14 years ago

Just flagging them so that Admin knows is what the Hub team wants site users to do, and I'm pretty sure they DON'T want the forums flooded with posts that just give the spammers attention.

1. profile image49
      spam_finderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If no action is taken against such people , hundreds of new users will do the same and hubpages will become a duplicate.com site soon.

The spammers should get the attention of every hubber. Then only everyone can flag them. Hubbers attention on these spammers will not benefit them in anyway. How can thousands of low quality copied hubs be posted unnoticed by the admins and the top forum posters who always claim that they want the site to be of excellent quality. Shame on all of them.

1. Michael Willis profile image67
        Michael Willisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I know when I have reported obvious spammers on the forums...I have been told not to repy, but to just hit the report button. If we reply to a "forum spam" that is stays on the site, but by not responding and reporting it will be deleted. Weird I know, but that is what I was told to do.

3. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

AND..... Then What?

4. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

With a 104,000 Hubbers.....(listed per their scores)
    Would it not be more realistic to look at those from 50,001 - 104,000? hmm

5. profile image49
    spam_finderposted 14 years ago

List of Spammers with low score and Highest number of Hubs will be below Hundred.

No need to report spammers with few hubs in forums. The two hubbers reported above have 1000's of low scored hubs and they are still allowed to continue as if they are invisible hubbers.

6. Michael Willis profile image67
    Michael Willisposted 14 years ago

Wow, that is a lot of work finding these with just 2 hours as a member.

1. profile image49

No , i am a 3 years old member tired of fighting spam in hubpages.

Ok, I do understand that. but...why use a different name? You have a legit complaint. I would think as a 3 yr member your issue would have more weight.

1. profile image49

Just go through few hubs of the users i mentioned and you will understand. I complained many times ,still no action taken. There are more people like that who have thousands of copied hubs. Hubpages has the tools to find and unpublish their hubs. Still no one cares to flag and report them.

I do agee with you about the problem. All I was suggestion...as I am just over 3 months here...that I would pay more attention to an issue raised by a long time member rather than a 2 hour member. Hope you understand what I am saying.
            But...I hope you get something done about it.

7. Maddie Ruud profile image73
    Maddie Ruudposted 14 years ago

Please do not post links to hubbers' profiles in the forums.  If you'd like to report a user, flag a few of their hubs or email the team, and we will remove content that violates our rules.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)