Week 6 Games of the week

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (39 posts)
  1. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 14 years ago

This week I have to catch the NY Giants against the New Orleans Saints.  I think Eli is the most underrated quarterback in the NFL.

And in college, I'm really looking forward to USC winning big over Notre Dame.  I think Oklahoma will beat Texas as well.

Those are a couple of great college games this week.

1. dohn121 profile image81
      dohn121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm 3/3 on this one too big_smile

2. wavegirl22 profile image47
      wavegirl22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

and just when I was thinking you didnt have a liking for any NY team . . you just made one NY girl quite happy. . Eli is the bomb and we have only just begun to see his talent and clutchability.

and on a college note to quote a message from Stafon Johnson upon leaving the hospital today Fight on. Beat the Irish 
      Go Trojans!

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

Upset alert - Tennesee over New England.

Wow.  That would be something else.

2. R.Edwards profile image63
      R.Edwardsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

wow, not sure about that...then agaiiiiin.

Denver at San Diego...this will be a big test for the Broncos. Phillip Rivers will have a big game statistically either way I think. We'll see if Orton can direct this Broncos offense consistantly up & down the field to score consecutive points if this game turns into a scoring match.

Arizona at Seattle...a healthy Matt Hasselback and Kurt Warner could turn into a shootout if the Seahawk's offense can find the same rhythm they had last week against the Jaguars.

NY Giants at New Orleans...wow, just wow!

Upset Alert:
      Detroit at Green Bay...my upset pick of the week, Detroit earns it's 2nd win at Lambeau field. I'm going out on the limb here guys!

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
        Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You can never be sure of course, but consider:
        You have a great rushing attack going against a defense so desperate they pulled a 40 year old linebacker out of mothballs to shore it up.

1. R.Edwards profile image63

Yea good point, but were you surprised the Colts' Defense held the Titan's running game in check? The Titans could catch the Patriots in a slump after last week's loss to the Broncos....but it's hard to imagine Brady and the Pats losing consecutively.

It would make for a hell of a segment on NFL Network and ESPN's 'Monday morning quarterback," or is it just Monday Quarterback?

No, it wasn't a surprise the defense this year is schemed heavier against the run.  Only Miami, which also gouged that vaunted Jets defense has been able to do anything against the Colts.

The Patriots O-line and thus Tom Brady are looking pretty shaky.

3. R.Edwards profile image63
    R.Edwardsposted 14 years ago

indeed they are...wouldn't be a total shock!

4. Wonder_Woman profile image58
    Wonder_Womanposted 14 years ago

"Upset Alert:
    Detroit at Green Bay...my upset pick of the week, Detroit earns it's 2nd win at Lambeau field. I'm going out on the limb here guys!"

Im rooting for the Lions on this one

1. R.Edwards profile image63

Jay Cutler's my new favorite QB...shhh!

I'm not putting my trust in the Skins this season, smh...so da Bears and Bengals are my '09 teams!

By the way....I could use a Dick Butkus pep talk!

1. Wonder_Woman profile image58
        Wonder_Womanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS ^_^!~
        (Wiggling in my seat looking forward to thi sunday)

ESPN broke the rumor that Terrell Owens just might become a Bear before the end of the week.  Being that the trade deadline is Sunday, the trade will have to happen before then.  If Chicago plans to challenge the Packers and the Vikings, they will jump on the opportunity.

1. Wonder_Woman profile image58
            Wonder_Womanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol well we always can use a wide receiver, but hate his ego.... but yea to compete with undefeated vikings and grrrr  the packers... i hope we do jump on that...

5. R.Edwards profile image63
    R.Edwardsposted 14 years ago

No, no...I take that back...BIG surprise! I'd feel kinda bad for Brady....hehe!

6. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF

I don't know about the Lions over Green Bay, but I can see the Titans picking off the Pats.  The Titans are due.

It would be something if Stafon made it back this year.

7. ShyneIV profile image60
    ShyneIVposted 14 years ago

**Upset Alert that's not really that much of an upset**
    The Chiefs will win in Washington, and then it will get ugly. Watch NFL Countdown on Sunday Morning, I'll bet they'll have something lined up about how Zorn's on the hot seat. Ditka will have Zorn in his doghouse, Chris Carter will say that the team is a disgrace, Keyshawn will say that they need to find a way to get the ball to Santana Moss and Tom Jackson will just say that Dan Snyder needs to stop trying to buy a Super Bowl and just let football people do their jobs. Snyder will give Zorn a vote of confidence as the team prepares for the Eagles in their Week 7 match up on Monday Night. After the Skins lose that game, Zorn will be fired the following morning as Washington heads into their bye week. In my NFL rankings this week, I picked the NY Giants as the top team i nthe NFL, anybody care to second that?

big_smile Count myself and Wavegirl22 on that one...We both bleed Blue big_smile

1. zadrobi profile image60
        zadrobiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sure, after the Colts.

Manning Bowl I anyone???

8. ShyneIV profile image60

In a perfect world, we get a few Manning Bowls!! Think about it, the amount of endorsements involving the Manning brothers would cause the NFL to rename it the Manning ad agency Super Bowl. LOL

Everyone could serve oreos at their Manning Bowl parties.

9. dohn121 profile image81
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

You know, that would be awesome.  The Greatest Game ever played was Colts at Giants.  The toughest thing the NFL would have to figure out is whether to call it Manning Bowl, The Greatest Game Ever Played II, or Super Bowl XLIV...Of course, I hope that in any case, the outcome is different (the Giants lost that one).

10. shanekruger profile image61
    shanekrugerposted 14 years ago

Thanks for sharing ideas.

11. Jackson Riddle profile image48
    Jackson Riddleposted 14 years ago

I wish there were large franchise sports like NFL in Australia.

12. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image72
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 14 years ago

The trade deadline is Tuesday, if TO moves it will likely happen Monday.

My fault, you're correct.  From the reports on ESPN Radio, it sounds as if TO is content with staying in Buffalo, but what does Buffalo have to say about it?  So far, they've already paid him $2.5 million of the $6 million that he's due, but a different team can pick up the rest of his salary should they decide to trade for him.  Again, Chicago should be a candidate for sure.

1. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image72
        EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What TO says publicly and what is gong on behind the scenes is often two separate realities. TO to Chicago would be good for everyone involved. Trent doesn't have the arm to get the ball to TO, so he's a complete waste in Buffalo. Jay Cutler plus TO equals the pro bowl for both of them. And he's on a one year deal so he doesn't have enough time to figure out some imaginary reason to be upset with the Bears.

13. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF

Maybe the 49ers should go get him.  Bring TO home:)

You know what, Paul?  That would be such a bad idea.  Crabtree could learn from him...Let's just hope that the sage advice is productive and not counter-productive.

2. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image72

Between TO and Deion Sanders that kid's head would be spinning in circles.

14. ShyneIV profile image60

Games of the Weak:
    Carolina @ Tampa Bay
    Kansas City @ Washington

Underrated Games:
    Arizona @ Seattle
    Chicago @ Atlanta

Some of these games might be quite intriguing; either for comedic value or actual good football. I'll let you guys figure out which is which.

15. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image72

I'm going out on a bit of a limb and picking Baltimore to upset Minnesota. Hopefully the Ravens won't commit a bunch penalties in the fourth quarter and lose yet another game they should win. But I got my reasons, such as the fact that every team that has played the Rams has lost the next week.

Technically, I'm picking Denver as an upset over San Diego, but I don't why the Broncos are getting 3.5 points in this game. In my mind it should be the other way around.

16. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image72

I can't believe the Ravens played for a field goal instead of trying to get a little closer with all that time they had left. What a waste of a great comeback.

The kicker HAS TO make that one.

1. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image72

I agree, but you still don't play for a long field goal when you have plenty of time to move closer.

At least they covered. I've got a three team parlay going: Ravens getting 3 (already covered), Cards getting 3 (leading 27-3 in fourth quarter) and Broncos getting 3.5 on Monday. Go Mules!

17. dohn121 profile image81
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

Although we got some BS penalties and there were unexcusable miscues on offense, the lack of defense defined our game against the Saints.  Sorry for all of you fantasy guys that picked Rivers over Brees, as he had Madden-like numbers against our secondary.  We better rebound as we looked like chumps on the field today.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)