jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Week #4 Games of the Week

1. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 8 years ago

College Football.  I'm not that pumped for this week's set of match-ups.

I'll go with USC @ Cal with the only two ranked teams squaring off.  USC's loss to Washington and Cals whooping by Oregon take a lot of steam out of this match-up, but I don't think you can win the PAC 10 and lose this game.  So that's big to keep the title hopes alive.

NFL this week has some great games.

NY Jets @ New Orleans.  The high powered Saints offense against a very tough Jet's defense.  I'm taking the Jets in this one.

Green Bay @ Minnesota.  The Vikings could be in for a let down after the big win last week, but Brett should be fired up to play the former mates in a BIG Monday night game.

2. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 8 years ago

If I have to see the Farve play of the game ONE MORE TIME, I'll puke.  Having him here, its just weird.  But, we'll see what he can do next week against Green Bay.  Pretty soon they'll have to rename our team The Minnesota Farve's big_smile

3. dohn121 profile image83
    dohn121posted 8 years ago

It's still not clear to who is exactly responsible for the fines the NFL levied against the New York Jets and former Jets coach Eric Mangini: Favre, who may probably didn't want to be placed on the injury report that would have sidelined him for at least one game, thus ending his consecutive streak of starting a game or the New York Jets who desperately needed him to have a chance at winning.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/stor … NHeadlines

With that said, perhaps Favre can cough up the $125,000 to compensate for the fine...I'm sure he can afford it smile The Vikings are paying him $20 million to play this year big_smile  Mangini won't pay it, because the way things look, he's gonna be fired by the Cleveland Browns pretty soon and be out of a job indefinitely lol

1. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image83
      EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Favre wouldn't have had to sit out. The injury report just lists who is injured and what their chance of playing is. It doesn't require them to sit out any games. Favre isn't paying their fines for them, in fact if Favre hadn't announced that he told them he was injured, there would have been no fines in the first place.

4. profile image0
    C.J.Richey121posted 8 years ago

Baltimore @ New England is another good game.  Baltimore's offense is looking real good for the first time in awhile. 

Sunday night San Diego @ Pittsburgh is another.  Pittsburgh's Defense will have to step it up.

Some other colleges games.

No. 8 Oklahoma @ No. 17 Miami

No. 4 LSU @ No. 18 Georgia

5. visitmaniac profile image59
    visitmaniacposted 8 years ago

Jets and then greenbay for sure already setting up to watch some games big_smile

6. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image83
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 8 years ago

In the games mentioned, I picked New Orleans, Minnesota, Baltimore, and San Diego.

7. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 8 years ago

Too bad the Jets turned the ball over so much.  I think this will be a good growth game for them. 

Although the Saints got them yesterday, I think the Jets are better.

I'm looking forward to tonight's game.

1. dohn121 profile image83
      dohn121posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Same here, Paul.  It really doesn't get any more interesting than this.

8. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image83
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 8 years ago

Sanchez had to play like a rookie at some point, hopefully he has a short memory.

working