Excelsior Youth Center could use your help.

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Dark knight rides profile image59
    Dark knight ridesposted 14 years ago

<snipped - absolutely no promotion in the Forums>

2. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Someone Needs to Tell You!!!
    So it may as well be me!
    Perhaps you have seen my posts and ignored them because you don't like my point of view? hmm (so I'm perfect for the task!)

This is an online writing site.
    Irrespective of what that represents to you..
    it represents online writing opportunities for a great deal of people who also have personal needs.

This is NOT a begging site, nor one where you should abuse the site's terms; merely because you have a captive audience!
    Several here actually support Micro Enterprise and if your venture (or hard luck story) is one that qualifies within such programs; then you may consider approaching the appropriate Micro Enterprise site, rather than this community.

You have breached the terms of this site knowingly (as you agreed upon them when you signed on here!)...
    Generally, such posts are ignored so that they self destruct.
    However, I feel that in this case; someone needed to advise you to desist from asking others to help you with money! Work harder yourself... it is your project and clearly you are rewarded by your employer! sad

3. Dark knight rides profile image59

Well, thanks Pearldiver.

I certainly appreciate your perspective. I suppose I'll let the community decide on the merits of my request. If they chose to ignore it, that's fine. If the admin chooses to delete my post, and my account, that's their choice as well. The reason I posted it in the Hubber's Hangout is that this is supposed to be the place for off-topic posts.

I understand that this is my project, one I've taken on willingly. If I can accomplish it great. If I fail, so be it. But I'm going to make the attempt. Please, if you don't like it, feel free to stay away. Thank you.

4. Pearldiver profile image67

No... You don't appreciate my perspective at all. lol
    You haven't taken the time to consider what has been said to you! Which is why you have retorted with a knee-jerk reaction!

Don't feel a need to justify yourself lol
    You Know that you have approached this the wrong way...
    I'm merely pointing it out to you AND had you appreciated what I was saying ...
    you would have seen that you were given a clue to help you with your venture and thus a potential boost to your chances of being successful. smile
    Here's another one to consider: Put it in a Hub!

Well... I'll tell you what.  I will donate $2250 to your cause, if you donate $2000 to mine.
    Let's see how serious you are hmm

The fact remains that this is a writing site..
    As far as feeling free to stay away from it is concerned:
    Thank you for that opportunity, it is a mutual one!
    It is not me here bleating about money, nor begging!

You have been given some latitude and a multi-faceted offer of support from a stranger... Don't Abuse the Opportunity or your Intelligence! lol

5. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

If you had an actual link to the "facility" you are talking about instead of YOUR paypal account, it might have come across more credible.

This isn't a donation site.

6. Pearldiver profile image67

2 - Zip yikes

7. Mrvoodoo profile image58
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

lol, no chance.

If your cause is genuine then more power to you, but asking for donations to a private paypal account screams of scam.

8. Pearldiver profile image67

3 - Zip yikes

9. Dark knight rides profile image59

Okay. Like I said, I left it to the community to decide. I'll raise the cash another way. For those of you who raised the objection about the account: the first link I posted went to the Excelsior website donations page. The second link was to help me do something nice for the girls personally. 

I thought I'd take a chance here but now I know better. And no, I get nothing from doing this, except the pleasure of doing something nice for them. I thought others might be willing to help. But you live and learn, right?

10. Pearldiver profile image67

"The second link was to help me do something nice for the girls personally.  I thought I'd take a chance here but now I know better."

Really? hmm
    Generally, that intent is known as Fraud!
    What exactly Did You LEARN? hmm 
    You were Scamming! The saddest part of that is that you would consider scamming fellow members of HP. sad

As Per your response above: You've Clearly Taught Us Something about yourself as well.

Get a Life!

11. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

best thing to do to help is write a hub and put a place for how to make donations in it, do not use the forums or you will get executed as we have seen happening here...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)