Online business mentor

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Bovine Currency profile image59
    Bovine Currencyposted 14 years ago

Hi,

I am looking for an online business mentor. 

I have a broad general knowledge and well developed writing skills, good research abilities and have been looking at e-commerce for about six months.  I want to be more involved and I think a good way of me learning would be an exchange.  If anyone out there in Hubpages is a webmaster who is willing to offer me some mentoring I would like to provide whatever I can, be that blog content, articles, whatever.  I can pick up new skills quickly and need a hand up.  If I can help you and you would like to help me, please get in contact.

Cheers,

Bovine.

1. web success works profile image58
      web success worksposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

Bovine Currencyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Johnathon but I think you may have got the wrong idea.  I am not interested in your workshops.  I already know how to use affiliate programs, online merchants, social media, PR and sales copy, blogs, etcetera.  I was looking more along the line of collaboration.  I know all the theory.

2. rickjv profile image60
      rickjvposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Bovine,
      40 years self employed in the boating industry. I grew my business over 300% when I went online. Now very involved in internet and social marketing, joint ventures and helping people do the same. I am volunteering my knowledge in a mentor program working with new entrepreneurs succeed in business. I also offer assistance to entrepreneurs who are struggling in business and trying to get to the next level. I am very involved in helping young entrepreneurs still in high school and college.

How may I be of help to you? Please respond via email please.
      communityjointventures@hotmail.com

2. thranax profile image73
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

Helping each other is a good thing. I learn as I go and thats all I do. The net gives us room to take very little knowledge and pave our way into a great new place.

~thranax~

3. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

You are doing extremely well wink I would agree that you have some fine skills to offer. There are a lot of people here you can learn from as well. Good luck to you!

4. Bovine Currency profile image59

Cheers.  Getting there I know.  This hubpages has been great.  I will post more hubs but I'm a little unsettled at the moment.  Half way across the world from my home.  Be back soon then in my own space.  Needed the holiday though!

5. Bovine Currency profile image59

ok. thank you.  Can those in position please exercise some tact.

It seems that so much material of offense is let slip and in 8 days I have had two comments snipped that in comparison are rather innocent.  How is that for service?

I understand that the reply to my topic was spam.  However, I am insulted in how it was dealt with.  That is all. And hence my posts on the forums.

6. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Well, you will have to get used to it because that is how it works.

Yeah, point taken.

I realise I reacted a bit rash.  And made a knob of myself.

Anywho.

7. thranax profile image73

Did you remove all your Hubs Bovine? I could have sworn you had like 5..

~thranax~

I had 8 at one point.

I was ready to throw the towel in last/night this morning.

I'll get back on.  I just need to start ignoring the ignorant and keeping my temper in check.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image67
        IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ignoring the ignorant?  Hmmmm, interesting.

You know I like your hubs.  I think it very commendable the way you write your hubs, and I feel that maybe your hubs will benefit others.  That is always a good thing.  When I first got here, LondonGirl smashed me to bits, because all my hubs then were self indulgent, poor me hubs too.  I'm a recovering drug addict.  Some folks like that, some folks don't.  I wasn't getting great views, and I think she was right, so I removed mine and started Hubbing about other topics.  You know- to each their own. Another thing to think about (if you don't mind me making a suggestion)is that, before I fan somebody I like to see if they are going to stick around and be for real, that way I'm not wasting my time.
        So here on hubpages one must realize that they are constantly being interviewed.

You calling other hubbers ignorant, when you were just as ignorant towards them- doesn't suit very well here or anywhere.  So I'm not quite understanding where you think they were so ignorant, and you weren't?  I don't get it.  However, besides what has been said and done, stay strong Bovine Currency.  Always be true to yourself, and if you like writing about your past do so.  You might want to grow a thicker skin if you continue to do so, but hey I like what you write and I say do what feels right for you.smile

Cheers.  No hard feelings here, trust me on that.  I am not really here to gain popularity.  If and when I choose to take online income seriously I will do so but I do not see hubpages popularity as an issue to that.  I am here for interests sake and if I pick up any tips it will be just searching around.  I don't feel the need to get along with everyone.  I dont see my hubs as self pity but if they read in such a way, I can understand that.  The hubs on my past addictions and experience with psychiatry are motivated by several reasons.  One being a testing ground for publishing a memoir and two, I am aware that others might gain something, either an interesting read, opening a dialogue, learning both ways of course.  My life is not summed up in a hub.  I am well aware of my faults and anger is one of them.  I despise bigots and fool myself when I let people get to me, I reply in haste and become like those I despise.  I don't truly hate anyone, I believe in open-mindedness but in taking the neutral stance I sometimes slip and play devils advocate to those whom will never listen.  So be it.  Thanks again and apologies to all (bar a few, but good luck to you also).

I don't hold hard feelings, so don't worry about that stuff with me.  You were right to some degree.  One cannot argue with that. 

So I interested in knowing, are you planning on sticking around?

8. thranax profile image73

Bovine, don't give up. When I joined Hubpages it was a lot smaller and almost every active Hubber known each other. Eric and Misha and others were all sarcastic to me and I picked up on it so I fit in. Some people got in fights with them around things, which I find is stupid. Most of the real problems come from the religion forums, debating politics, and seo/internet concepts and actions. If you really call people out or you go ageist what they feel they will be ignorant toward you but you shouldn't remove your hubs or anything because of it. Its a tough world and this place isn't an exception, but once you get along with some you start talking with them more on here then others. 

~thranax~

Thanks thranax.

2. elayne001 profile image77
      elayne001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thranax is right. I haven't been here very long and have been insulted a couple of times, but I got over it and carry on. This is a great place to learn. Look at the top hubbers and send them a message or look in the forums especially the HubPages Knowledge Exchange and you will probably find most of the answers to your questions. Meantime, write and put it out there - experience is the best teacher. Welcome and Aloha!!

9. Bovine Currency profile image59

I will stick around, yes.  And I have taken on advice.  I am not being obliging or trivial.  I will learn from this experience.

Excellent!  That makes me very happy.  I'm sure that will make alot of people happy too.  Especially in the long run, when you have touched someone else with your writing skills.smile

10. Bovine Currency profile image59

Regarding the topic of this post, I have decided it is a naive propostion and will just continue with what I have started offline.  It will take time but I have the resources, just need to plod on.  Soon enough I will get my venture sorted and get it online once it is fully prepared.  I am just going to start from ground up.  I've already had a very generous offer from a friend to set up the logos and graphics pro bono, although I hope to pay him at some point.  All the business side and other design areas I will do myself.  I will not be advertising it on hubpages and if I do it will be on another account if anything.

11. thranax profile image73

Funny, I am a graphics person myself ^_^

~thranax~

Adobe suite is a bit far off my budget right now but its on my list smile  The friend I mention is an old housemate, he has done it for years and I have watched at times.  Doesn't look easy.

12. thranax profile image73

Rickjv, I don't trust your mustache. http://0.static.getsatisfaction.com/uploaded_images/0135/7401/the_dog_with_the_shifty_eyes_medium.gif

~thranax~

13. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Thranax.... That's a rather prickly thing to Say During Movember! big_smile

But there's:

Something about those eyes? hmm

14. cashmere profile image77
    cashmereposted 14 years ago

Once bitten twice shy, I would rather make my own mistakes than trust some one I shouldn't ...
    all the best bovine

15. Niteriter profile image59
    Niteriterposted 14 years ago

Thranax and Pearldiver, you two need to get some respect for mustaches and shifty eyes. When positioned on the same face they are a sign of eminent wisdom and financial wizardry. Later I'll teach you Lesson Two... Lesson Two is about understanding the value of the elements in lesson one combined with hats.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)