Outrage Generator for Warring Hubbers

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (21 posts)
  1. Eric Graudins profile image60
    Eric Graudinsposted 15 years ago

LO,

I can't help noticing all of THOSE hubs and forum  threads which have recently been started.

You know, the ones where someone  takes exception to someone else's opinion on something. Quite often, the debate descends into name calling, and all kinds of assumptions.

Well, I'd like to contribute to the quality of your postings to these debates by providing a link to a very eloquent  "Outrage Generator:.

Just pay a visit to www.I-Am-Outraged.com and you'll be able to
    - Be Fashionably Offended
    - Compose Angst Drenched Complaints
    - Embrace Egoistic Sanctimony
    (Well, that's what it says on the box! )

In brief, you'll be able to create a very eloquent letter that's tailored to any number of situations, just by filling in the drop down menus.

Enjoy - And I'll be looking out for a greatly increased level of intelligent debate from now on :-)

P.S. For all I know, this sort of stuff may have been going on for Ages at Hub Pages - Sort of like a ritual "Twilight Barking" where pack seniority is determined from time to time.

If so, excuse my ignorance. I'm still just a puppy here smile
    But I reckon some of you could certainly make use of the generator anyway!

1. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86
      Zsuzsy Beeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I love the site...I for sure will use the awesome form letter next time I'm at war...Thanks for sharing. regards Zsuzsy

2. Eric Graudins profile image60

Oh Gawd.
    Somebody's posted to that damn "Last Post" thread, so nobody will see this one.
    So please excuse this bump.

1. SamurWriter profile image56
      SamurWriterposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Eric I'm finding alot of people are so addicted to the forum reading that they will go as far as 10 pages deep to catch up, fear not, your post will be read smile

1. Em Writes profile image71
        Em Writesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sadly, I'm one of those people. I actually read through the entire "Last Post" thread... I think I just went numb at some point and kept clicking to the next page out of sheer habit.

hmm I didn't see this one... now I'm curious

3. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

I'll give it a try. Thank you, Eric wink

4. profile image56
    Buggyposted 15 years ago

I'm guessing that you'll be pretty busy if you try to compete with that thread! yikes

Eric Graudinsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yes I know, it was just a token effort smile
      That bloody thing needs a whole category of its own.

5. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

To Whom It May Annoy,

I am writing today to puke forth my utter CROCODILE TEARS over the fact that Eric dared to write the dreaded O-Word.

You see, I am inordinately proud of my birth place – and why shouldn't I be? It took incredible skill and hard work on my part to undergo mitosis – not to mention all the determination it took me to master sneezing. That's why pride in my religion constitutes my entire one-dimensional identity – and for that I deserve automatic and constant exemption from life's annoyances.

Now, I'm a supporter of free speech and all, but when it isn't gushingly positive about me, then it's time for draconian censorship!

Furthermore, as a member of the esteemed Neighborhood Society of the One-And-Only True God, it is my pleasure to remind you that only WE are allowed to use the O-Word – as a proud expression of our subconscious subjugation.

You know, growing up Jedi in my overly tolerant gated community, it didn't take long to realize that the problem with today's world is that people who are different from me are too criminally self-absorbed to fixate entirely on MY life. And that's why when Eric used the O-Word, I felt I'd been personally appointed judge & jury, and as such hereby formally demand monetary reparations.

Yours Self-Righteously,

Misha

PS: I won't be surprised if you ignore me. That's just the kind of treatment I'd expect from a typical sneaky foreigner like YOU!

wow that was great... but whats the O-word?

Eric Graudinsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You'll have to visit the generator and find out.
        The answer is different for everyone.

6. profile image0
    RFoxposted 15 years ago

To Whom It May Anesthetize,

I am writing today to pontificate my utter NARCISSISM over the fact that Eric dared to allude to the dreaded O-Word.

You see, I am inordinately proud of my gender – and why shouldn't I be? It took incredible skill and hard work on my part to be conceived – not to mention all the determination it took me to master growing toenails. That's why pride in my gender constitutes my entire one-dimensional identity – and for that I deserve automatic and constant flattery.

Now, I'm a supporter of free speech and all, but when it isn't gushingly positive about me, then it's time for knee-jerk boycotts!

Furthermore, as a vocal pawn of the esteemed Transdimentional Society of the Similarly Horny, it is my pleasure to remind you that only WE are allowed to use the O-Word – as a proud expression of our ironic self-loathing.

You know, growing up female in my overly tolerant hippie commune, it didn't take long to realize that the problem with today's world is that people who are different from me are too criminally self-absorbed to fixate entirely on MY visceral dislike of them. And that's why when Eric used the O-Word, I felt I'd been personally appointed judge & jury, and as such hereby formally demand their public execution.

Yours in Victimized Dread,

Rachelle

PS: I won't be surprised if you ignore me. That's just the kind of treatment I'd expect from a typical drunken foreigner like YOU!

7. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

To Whom It May Inspire Lazy Mimicry,

I am writing today to voice my utter OUTRAGE over the fact that someone dared to write the dreaded J-Word.

You see, I am inordinately proud of my gender – and why shouldn't I be? It took incredible skill and hard work on my part to occupy physical space – not to mention all the determination it took me to master blinking. That's why pride in my gender constitutes my entire one-dimensional identity – and for that I deserve automatic and constant respect.

Now, I'm a supporter of free speech and all, but when it isn't gushingly positive about me, then it's time for me to seek publicity!

Furthermore, as a member of the esteemed International Society of the Blissfully Provincial, it is my duty to remind you that only WE are allowed to use the J-Word – as a proud expression of our ironic self-loathing.

You know, growing up female in my impoverished country club, it didn't take long to realize that the problem with today's world is that people who are different from me are too criminally self-absorbed to fixate entirely on MY feelings. And that's why when someone used the J-Word, I felt I'd been personally smacked, and as such hereby formally demand a guest appearance on The View.

Yours Self-Righteously,

Uninvited Writer

PS: I won't be surprised if you ignore me. That's just the kind of treatment I'd expect from a typical dirty flipper like YOU!

8. Eric Graudins profile image60

Well done.

With a bit of editing, you should be able to forge a wonderful missile to hurl at any friend, foe, or just anyone who happens to make a spelling mistake. big_smile big_smile

Cheers,
    Eric G.

9. Eric Graudins profile image60

BUMP.

I think that the outrage generator will come in very handy for many people in the period after the election :-)

Good Luck, and I trust you'll end up with the Government you deserve.

Eric G.

1. B.T. Evilpants profile image59
      B.T. Evilpantsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

If there's one area in which I am skilled, it is generating outrage. I do like the site, though. It will be a handy reference for my post-election letter writing campaign!

10. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

I can honestly say I am unlikely to need this smile

It is funny though.....

11. SamurWriter profile image56
    SamurWriterposted 15 years ago

Sorry eric I bumped you replying to another thread, heres a bump back to the top of the forum food chain smile

12. annemaeve profile image70
    annemaeveposted 15 years ago

To Whom It May Intimidate,

I am writing today to blubber my utter PISS-IGNORANT FURY over the fact that you dared to momentarily think the dreaded M-Word.

You see, I am inordinately proud of my sexuality – and why shouldn't I be? It took incredible skill and hard work on my part to slither out of a vagina – not to mention all the determination it took me to master extruding poopy. That's why pride in my sexuality constitutes my entire one-dimensional identity – and for that I deserve automatic and constant validation.

Now, I'm a supporter of free speech and all, but when it isn't gushingly positive about me, then it's time for riots!

Furthermore, as a vocal pawn of the esteemed National Coalition of the Genitally Homogenous, it is my pleasure to remind you that only WE are allowed to use the M-Word – as a proud expression of our double standards.

You know, growing up Wiccan in my clothing optional xenophobic backwater, it didn't take long to realize that the problem with today's world is that people who are different from me are too criminally self-absorbed to fixate entirely on MY feelings. And that's why when you used the M-Word, I felt I'd been personally drawn & quartered, and as such hereby formally demand a book deal.

Yours Ultra-Dogmatically,

annemaeve

PS: I won't be surprised if you ignore me. That's just the kind of treatment I'd expect from a typical dirty redneck like YOU!

Yes, I DO feel better now.  Thank you, Eric, for helping me vent spleen I didn't even know I had!

13. Eric Graudins profile image60

@Em Writes:
    You read through the whole last post thread?
    Oh   .  My .. Gawd.
    That is indeed sad. You poor thing.
    You'll probably be able to get out of the foetal position, and rejoin the human race within a week or so.

@Annamaeve:
    All traces of spleen have now been removed from my face.

regards,
    Eric G.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)