Google's Turning down my adsense request!

Jump to Last Post 1-48 of 48 discussions (78 posts)
  1. Adopt-a-Dog profile image69
    Adopt-a-Dogposted 14 years ago

Hi, I have been posting a series of hubs on Dog Care and Adoption topics. All my hubs are original and I type each character in it.
    I also got a decent number of Hubs(21) to begin with all with good content.

But google has twice turned down my request for adsense Account. It says-
    "
    Thank you for your interest in Google AdSense. Unfortunately, after
    reviewing your application, we're unable to accept you into Google AdSense
    at this time.

We did not approve your application for the reasons listed below.

Issues:

- Unacceptable site content
    "

Further below it has metioned-
    "

Unacceptable site content: In order to participate in Google AdSense,
    publishers' websites and application information must satisfy the
    following guidelines:

*Your site must have been active for at least 6 months before you apply
    for AdSense.
    *You must provide accurate personal information with your application that
    matches the information on your page.
    *Your website must contain substantial, original content.
    *Your site must comply with Google AdSense program policies:
    https://www.google.com/adsense/support/ … swer=48182 which
    include Google's webmaster quality guidelines:
    http://www.google.com/support/webmaster … 9#quality.
    "

I am very new to Hubs and adsense thing. I do want to someday run my own website about Dog Adoption. For the same reason I do want some funds. Please help me somebody. If someone can just read my hubs, profiles and try to find out what the problem is it will be a great help. Thanks a lot

1. wsp2469 profile image60
      wsp2469posted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's the 6 months thing.  But you know what, don't sweat it.
      You can be a writer or an advertiser here.
      it's hard to be BOTH without being totally f*cking boring.
      if you don't believe me just look at some of the so-called "best" hubs.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

*Your site must have been active for at least 6 months before you apply
      for AdSense.

It seems your hubs are not?

2. traceye profile image57
    traceyeposted 14 years ago

The 'apply again in 6 months' is just their standard reply.  It's becoming more difficult to get approved for Adsense with just hubs unfortunately (it used to be much easier but lately they've gotten strict).

My suggestion is to start a blogspot blog, add 5 to 6 posts of original content of at least 300 words each.  Adding one post a day for a week or more works better than adding them all at once.  Don't add ANY monetisation.  Do add some images so it looks like a good user experiences.  (i.e. Give Google what it wants, a good user experience)

Use the apply for Adsense feature through the blogspot blog.

Good luck
    Tracey

3. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

Okay here is my viewpoint my friend, I already visited your hubs last time and they are indeed nice and very informative and original however... You must see to it that you will benefit from the types of hubs you make... For sure your work is about charity and that will not help you earn a lot and same way with the Adsense...

Try to expand your topics and know well the keywords and desired url that will give you a lot of pageviews and clicks...

You know what I applied for Adsense after two months of Hubbing... and It was not rejected.

Reinforced your present various hubs not just about goodness to Dogs...

Read from seasoned Hubbers and know what particular topics that you must do... Hubbing is earning too and if you want Adsense not to block your application do some hubs that will both help you earn...

4. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 14 years ago

I think I may have your answer why. Your hubs look great..very professional as far as layout and content is not lacking....but I noticed one detail... your articles must be set to 'none' for ad placement bcuz I didnt see a single ad from AdSense. Normally if you put commercial or high then those ads will crawl across the page regardless of wether you signed up or not and benefits hubpages. Trick the AdSense crawler into crawling your hub, seeing that it has advertisable content, paste the code into hubpages and then turn back down to low or none or whatever setting best fits the look or amount of marketing you want to add to your hub. The email is an automated one ,sent once the crawler crawls the site looking for already relevant ads by hubpages. I signed up , received the automated e-mail, pasted the code into affiliate settings all within 2 hours of publishing my first hub with much less content than your 28 hubs. The crawler is just not finding relevant space to look at and accept ads because your settings are turned off. Just edit that commercial setting and you'll be fine and turn back down later. Peace!

Adopt-a-Dogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks a lot. I had closed all my hopes. One big request to ask. I am very new to all this. And I didnt understood-

" Normally if you put commercial or high then those ads will crawl across the page regardless of wether you signed up or not and benefits hubpages. Trick the AdSense crawler into crawling your hub, seeing that it has advertisable content, paste the code into hubpages and then turn back down to low or none or whatever setting best fits the look or amount of marketing you want to add to your hub. The email is an automated one ,sent once the crawler crawls the site looking for already relevant ads by hubpages. I signed up , received the automated e-mail, pasted the code into affiliate settings all within 2 hours of publishing my first hub with much less content than your 28 hubs. The crawler is just not finding relevant space to look at and accept ads because your settings are turned off"

This part. Sorry for my little head But do you mean I should change the setting to ad settings High and then re apply? Please correct me if anything else.

1. Siotosh profile image60
        Siotoshposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Have you got a Gmail account, listen to hubbers is one thing. Some may have high scores because they have been hubbing for a long. The problem is they are not problem solvers in google groups, if the were they would know me. If you have not got a Gmail account get one. Read: <snipped - no links please>View: <snipped - no links please>

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry Mel, but this is absolute rubbish.  If you have your own blog or website, you'll obviously have NO Adsense ads when you apply - why would you install ads while you can't make any money on them?  Google is not looking for existing Adsense ads when it checks your application.

1. mel22 profile image60
        mel22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

don't need to be so harsh I was just trying to help her with a suggestion, but yes in fact AdSense ads were running on my Hub before I applied. And i didnt have to wait several days as everyone says, it was several hours only. It was a suggestion so don't be rude. And yes a personal website has no ads yet so its checked by a human. Google was founded on a single alogrythm so I'm sure many sites are precrawled first then flagged to be looked at on a que for human hands.

@ Mel, Thanks a ton and I do admire your help. I think you are right about google bot crawling on your hubs if you place ads there. I am giving it try and lets see what happens!, no harm I guess.

Sorry if you took it as harsh, but you were stating it as fact rather than a "suggestion", and that's the way people get misconceptions.  Can you give me a link that explains what you were talking about, or is it just your theory?

Google would never expect someone who hadn't signed up for Adsense to be displaying ads, so it would seem crazy for them to create an algorithm that depended on them being there.

1. mel22 profile image60

I beg to differ. there are plenty of sites like hubpages who share revenue and the need for a bot to check duplicity first and send to a queue would be needed. theres no way they could man that many people to keep up withe load of people applying especially in India where theres millions of people. As far as stating as fact if you read i nicely said to her " I (THINK) I (MAY) have an answer..." that does not impart fact. I KNOW I DO have an answer would be stating as fact. Anyway , I'm over it no big deal. I thought she was talking about getting ads on hub pages noy a personal site.. I know what you mean there about not having "placeholders" on a personal site. Having a presence on the web for 6 months should not matter for hubpages /only on a personal site ,unless its specific to india and policies of overwhelming applications. That may well be it like you said. one last thing . Wouldn't it be a violation of  some rule for google to force people to get a Gmail account or Google site or Blogger to get accepted. I didnt need any of those and I was accepted at a rate that made me think my application was possibly accepted by being automatically crawled because no flagging algorithms were found because of its association to hubpages(purely speculation). I'm not sure how Hubpages is indexed but if it goes through ODP then I think its plausible they use crawlers on large sites like HubPages to check applications rather than man each and every app. It would be easier to precrawl ,flag as bad and then have human hands check the flagged apps for non-par adsense applications.  AdSEnse on hubpages is obviously behind a proprietary software wall,since we can't add our own snippets wherever we like, thats why I thought "tricking" or getting the crawler to see the ads by turning on in the  window might work. Anyway  I was just giving her something to try so I'll just stop now. Deeds already answered her and he knows the system obviously so I'll just leave it alone now. Just wanted to EXPLAIN my thought process as it seemed a few were  getting on my case. No big deal!

@mel22
              I am very new to hubpages and you all are like the Gods. Thanks for sharing your ideas and all. But please dont feel offended. A good deed done always comes back. Thanks a lot guys.

"I AM HE" just thought of clearing some misconceptions :-;

1. mel22 profile image60

sorry I  automatically think of a female when I see India in the place of origin bcuz of so many Bollywood sites here. Hope whatever didn't work gets fixed . P.s one last mention .. theres a check box that says ...does this hub comply with google terms( underneath the ads  high,low box), and that is also something noted on your returned apllication notice you might want to check it and reapply. Paul Deeds is hubpage founder so what he said probably is valid. I only gave that suggestion bcuz noone else had answered . You should probably go by what Paul said after my comments were already up.

2. Adopt-a-Dog profile image69

Ya, u are right. But anyways I got a place where I can make a site, so my motive for fund generation is solved. Also I am sticking around here. I have started falling in love with you people. It really motivates me seeing how you people are ready to help anyone in need. Thanks from bottom of my heart.

5. arunjain profile image57
    arunjainposted 14 years ago

@Adopt-a-Dog
    I think I have a solution to your problems.I also have been in this situation before.Read my hub on google adsense and you will have your solution.

6. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 14 years ago

Yep turn your ads on then reapply. Google also has a 6 month re-apply policy so not sure if you're out of that timeframe. let me know if it works for ya.

7. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 14 years ago

ok i'll reclarify.. Theres no place holder( where any normal ad would be), for the automated crawler to see any ,because you seem to have the setting on 'none'. Even before signing up, my hub had ads running from AdSense but the ads were on behalf of HubPages until my code was pasted. Just turn the settings off 'none' and tell me if you get the automated e-mail stating Approval of application.

8. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 14 years ago

AdSense ads will show up regardless of whether you're signed up with them or not. Hubpages will be the one receiving click credit for them until then.  But at least the automated crawler that checks URLS and ad placement holders will see them turned on and most likely send you the automated approval.

9. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 14 years ago

Use the edit button on a few hubs and thers a box that says high low or none and another that says commercial. turn those on ,on at least a few hubs then reapply. or start a new hub with the ad settings turned to high then reapply.

10. motricio profile image68
    motricioposted 14 years ago

1. Open a new Gmail account for you.
    2. Go to your profile and update your email to that one
    3. Verify your email to Hubpages
    4. Go to my account
    5. Go to Affiliating settings
    6. Modify your current Adsense Acount
    7. Say NO, I DON'T HAVE AN ACCOUNT
    8. Update your new Adsense account email
    9. Finish the wizard to complete the new application
    10. Wait up to 7 business days
    11. If Hubpage shows "Pending approval", email to Adsense Team.

That worked for me. Hope for u 2.

11. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 14 years ago

According to your profile, you are located in Bangalore.  Google has put a six month stipulation on all of India and China, due to massive amounts of fraudulent sites that have applied from those regions.  It's listed plain and simple in their terms of service.

So, if you really want an AdSense account, you must have an established web presence for six months before Google will truly review your account and decide.  Work hard for six months, develop a strong and diverse web presence and then reapply.

12. Adopt-a-Dog profile image69

Thanks a lot everyone.... I think the problem is with the 6 month thing. I will update as soon as something good happens....

13. arunjain profile image57

Hey try to get your adsense approved by sites.google.com.I am also from india and was rejected amny times for the same reason.But when  i registered through google sites they accepted my application(though they took 13days to respond).I am sure this will work for you too.just give it a try

14. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 14 years ago

The 6 month wait may be a part of your problem, but it isn't the only one.  While your published hubs may have (barely) met the HubPages bar for originality, further inspection reveals that they are not that unique after all.  For example:

your hub --> other site

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
      GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Aw Sir Paul...

Ya I checked! Its almost same as my hub, but only the words are different appearing as if someone used synonyms....

2. Adopt-a-Dog profile image69

Sir paul!  No offences meant but your this post and links gave me so much traffic on a single hub on a single day. It is more then the total traffic I got till date on all my hubs added together.

15. flread45 profile image58
    flread45posted 14 years ago

After reading your hub,my suggestion is to make the photo smaller,and write more content on the subject matter.

16. Adopt-a-Dog profile image69

I got really great suggestions...
    Extending my thanks to-

@flread45: got ur point. will work on subject and just give a small related pic.

@pauldeedsour :Sir, Thanks a lot for your find.

@arunjain: I will try google site, But when was it that you got your account verified because recently Google has come out with this 6 months thing

@relache: You were the best. You hit the bulls eye. Thanks again.

@motricio: I am trying your suggestion as well , hope it works.

@mel22: I have changed ad levels to high. And will re apply with new gmail Id lets see what happens.

@Siotosh: You wanted to help but I guess mods took the better off you. Thanks anyways

@traceye- You gave a good suggestion, I have already signed up for blogspot and am following ur steps. I will keep you posted. Thanks

@GeneralHowitzer- My friend u are always at my back. I always feel so. Thanks bro. I will surely come to you for all your commercialization expertise once my adsense is done.

17. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

Adopt-a-dog, you're in Bangalore.  There may be nothing at all wrong with your Hubs - no matter how good you are, Google will NOT consider you until you've been on the internet for 6 months. Reapplying with other ID's won't do you any good.

It's not the end of the world.  It takes time for your Hubs to start earning even if you are signed up, so keep writing and then reapply in 6 months' time.  It would certainly be worth starting a blog too, to give you extra ammunition.

18. arunjain profile image57

@adopt-a-dog
    I had come to hubpages before 3 months(that account has been disabled) and applied many times but google rejected my adsense stating the same reason as they have stated you.But on 13th november 2009 I created my account on google sites and the hubs which I had on hubpages I posted it there and applied for an adsense account.And On 30th november my adsense account got approved.So give it a shot.

This is awesome... I am trying it now. Will keep it posted. Dhanyawad

19. EdwardO. profile image59
    EdwardO.posted 14 years ago

Damn, I didn't know they actually turned anyone down. The accepted me and I only had two hubs (I'm up to four now).

20. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 14 years ago

Well I see you now have ads streaming.. now the plan is to get them earning for you.. right now there earning for hubpages ..but when (if) you get approved then you'll split 60/40 with hubpages and start earning. try checking the other box I mentioned and reapply.. let me know bcuz now i'm curios to the outcome

@ captain mel22, Thanks for navigating my ship in here. Thats why gave you title captain. nyways I have changed the gmail ID and reapplied. will keep you posted. Thanks again

21. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

I agree with the blogspot suggestion, sign up to that, create a blog, keep it running for a whiel then apply for an Adsense account.

This will not only get you the Adsense account, but hopefully some traffic and extra earnings too!

22. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 14 years ago

To be honest I never mentioned using a differnt id or gmail.. i just simply meant to reapply same as before with the ads turned on and streaming but make sure to use www.hubpages.com as domain name when asking about the name of your site. Using hubpages establishes the site being up and going for 6 months. Only personal websites need to be up and running and established before applying. A community publishing site like hubpages or squidoo already establishes that criteria for you, the only thing you lacked was the check boxes being checked that states that ...this hub conforms to google adsense policies ...and the ads pre-streaming before applying , so the duplicity bot sent out might overlook flagging it due to sensing an already existing AdSense code snippet in the  <body tags>. using a new id is up to you. If that doesn't work then applying six months from now as Deeds suggested is probably the best option.

I changed Mail ID and applied from it just to ensure as I came to know that If you are rejected once you need to wait for another 6 months. Anyway reply from google is still awaited.
      Thanks captain I will keep you posted.

Mel, could you cite some references for the advice you're giving?

What you've said is not correct.  Google has made a rule that people in certain countries must have 6 months history before applying, regardless of where you're publishing. And actually, there's evidence that having your own website or blog gives you a better chance of being accepted, especially if you have your own domain name. 

And once again, I can find no information anywhere that says having ads already streaming gives you any advantage whatsoever.

Happy to be proved wrong, Mel, but please don't give advice unless you're sure it's right - and if you're not sure it's right, make it clear that you're just guessing.

1. mel22 profile image60

I thought we already went over this. I already stated before in a previous posts that i'm just speculating from the fact that I nnever needed to be established for 6 months. We are simply trying something that I noticed, that's all based on the fact I never needed gmail or 6 mo establishment and I have already stated that Deeds is probably the better source, but the fact that he has already trying it is harmless, and i have already stated that the six month wait in India like Deeds said may be in fact the best source to go with. This forum is in public view for anybody to give an opinion so I thought I would give him a heads up on what I noticed after looking at the hubs. Its not a crime to try. You may be in fact right I am not denying that but why not try instead of waiting around not trying,You seem to going after me personally even though I already stated we are giving it a try. He may call me Pirate when its all done. I never asked to be captain so if you want the title go right ahead. I was just TRYING something. I should have contacted him personally then I wouldn't have to give my OPINION here and go rounds with you. I won't post to this topic anymore if that makes you happy . I am just curious to see the outcome but with the wait already I'm assuming it already got flagged again for duplicity or the six month wait. Thanks and let's drop it OK? it was just an opinion based on the fact I needed no established base ,with hubpages establishing that criteria as the main domain. That's all!

@ mel22

Hey Captain! Ship is even now Sailing, Request has not been turned down. Google generally takes over a week to turn down my request :-) .But This time I am hoping for the best, and man I want to try anything possible to get my account approved. As far as my publishing career goes its my hobby, I got an awesome career in garments on E-Bay running. Google out Linus Studios and you will get it.

I will really be glad if anything works, otherwise 6 months wait is not something I have to "do", it's automatically going to happen in 6 months, till then a hub in a day or two will surely add on to my application weight!! Cheers! As we got nothing , we got nothing to loose.

23. bojanglesk8 profile image60
    bojanglesk8posted 14 years ago

Thank God I got accepted easily.

24. Lita C. Malicdem profile image61
    Lita C. Malicdemposted 14 years ago

My request had been denied, too. I was sent the same explanatory advice. I have only written 4 hubs in about 2 months time.

I like this promise of "good pay for good work" by AdSense. It's a challenge I must work for. Months? years? It all depends on my performance later. So I'll give it a try.

25. Cleanclover profile image42
    Cleancloverposted 14 years ago

Make sure you have an account in gmail first. Then try again.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87

Mel, I thought we'd already gone over this, too.

Your advice in your posts is NOT written as if it's just your opinion or a guess based on observation.  It's written as though it's fact. The excerpt I quoted demonstrates that very clearly.   

As I said before, all I am asking is that you make it clear what you're saying is only your opinion.  It's not fair to give people advice you're not sure of, because it could backfire on them.  For instance, if someone does manage to trick their way to Adsense approval when they shouldn't, they can get banned for life:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/A … &hl=en

So, as long as you keep presenting guesses as fact, I'm going to keep on chiming in to correct you, particularly if I'm 99% sure you're wrong.

1. mel22 profile image60

Fine and dandy but if I already went over that it was a TRY ,then why should I have to keep reiterating over and over just so YOU feel good. HE already knows from listening to us before. YOU act as if HE is not in the picture and hasn't read our posts. You need to get over the fact ,since I plainly stated above that YOU in big bold letters may be right..  Would you like a wreath of roses placed around you as winner to make you drop it already or will you just keep trying to make yourself look good even after I have agreed with you that six months in india might just be the answer. I'M agreeing with you. READ it again. I think by now the guy who I was talking to already knows its a TRY and doesn'y have to be reiterated every post with him. I'll just e-mail him personally.

1. psycheskinner profile image83

You keep repeating stuff that we have told you is not true.  So no, they original poster should not try it.  Reapply before 6 months under a different name could get them turned down perminantly (Google recirds your IP address, they are not fooled.

2. mel22 profile image60
      mel22posted 14 years ago

P.S. Banned for what, WRITING an article about adopting dogs and turning on ads to reapply, give me a break. You act like I'm ruining this guys whole publishing career. Hardly bannable!If anything it would be for reapplying under a different gmail account hoping to get past google thast way( which I never said to do). The fact i used "trick" is being taken out of context by you. Its simply reapplying with the ads on hoping a bot wont flag it. Thats all! I'm bothered by the fact I have to be exactly precise with my words for your sake. You act is you own the forums. Even in other forums your watching my every word now .Thats whats bothersome. Are you a moderator. I think I did see your pic on the board of mods at one time or am I just SPECULATING again.

3. Marisa Wright profile image87

Mel, it's not just the person who started this thread that I'm thinking about. A lot of people will jump in and read posts out of context, so wouldn't see your posts qualifying your advice as personal opinion. 

I am pleased to see that you've got the message, as you answered another thread in a more accurate way.  I actually posted in that thread to answer the other poster, not to follow you. 

No, I'm not a moderator, I'm just a person who has been here a long time.  Most of us try to do our bit to correct misconceptions or bad advice when it's given, that's all.

4. mel22 profile image60
      mel22posted 14 years ago

But I think you are going to an extreme. Last comment i'll make to this post. I will only ghost here on out. I'm on to a new topic

5. mel22 profile image60
      mel22posted 14 years ago

are you using hubpages URL as the top level domain when applying or using your profile URL for the domain. Hubpages has been around for a few years so thats y u need to use them as the top level domain . I (beleive.. for marissa's sake) that using them as the Top Level domain is what qualifies Hubbers that do not already have web presence for 6 months. Their site being around and established is what establishes that six month criteria for newbies or people without personal websites otherwise many people here including myself would have had to wait also(which I did not have to). Going by your rejection letter in order i see
      1.) use the top level domain to get by 6 month requirement
      2.)duplicity may still be an issue( i personally think all your articles are unique to each other) but because they are all on the same main topic DOGS that may still be in play in their eyes.Not sure y since each is unique to itself
      3.) that check box when you statr a new hub that states that " your hubs conform to AdSense policies.Blah Blah Blah" would take care of the last on the rejection letter.  Those are the three main issues I see in your rejection letter that ring out to me.

And Mariissa if your reading this post which i'm sure you will once it goes up.. please if you have anything to say, direct to Adopt-a-dog to help him rather than use the space to attack me. And if you disagree with me can you please just say you disagree with the above post and discuss YOUR solution to HIM rather than use it to directly counter ME. It feels like youre trying to personally attack me rather than offer advice to him. No hard feelings though, just trying to post without so much negativity.Noone else felt the need to personally go after me they just simply disagreed and posted their opinion.

Back to adopt a dog, I have not seen any official posting by AdSense about Indian residents needing to wait six months, just heresay side articles about clickfraud in India and google taking measures to scrutinize applications from there. I beleive the six month established wait is for personal websites used as the top level domain .Since hubpages is well established  past six months and is used as the top level domain in Hubbers applications then the six month established criteria is already met. The fact that they are scrutinizing applications from your location is seperate from the six month ( top level domain ) establishment rule. You have no other top level domain to use yet according to your original post so use  hubpages because using your profile will not get past the six month top level domain establishment requirement. The first requirement will get you past the first problem. The second is whether they beleive your articles are not unique. The third you took care of by turning on ads and checking that box. So really ,only the second problem will be up for scrutiny by a human checker from what I see. JMO

Dude, you just don't know what you are talking about.

6. Marisa Wright profile image87

Here is the policy from the Adsense Help Center.

https://google.com/adsense/support/bin/ … swer=75109

1. mel22 profile image60

Says: problem with this sites security cetificate, do not go to this website ... not joking either!

It opens OK for me.  Try going to the Adsense Support page

https://google.com/adsense/support/

and search for India.  I had to search for India, then select "Adsense Help Center" in the drop down box and search again.  The policy came up second in the search results.

7. mel22 profile image60
      mel22posted 14 years ago

the line that: Chinese or Indian residents must own THEIR site for six months (I beleive) is referring to their personally built websites and is talking about when applying with THAT as their top level domain. However, because they are using Hubpages as the top level domain I don't think that CAN apply to them. I don't own Hubpages ( now nor will I in six months or ever )yet I was approved as were many others. These residents will never OWN that top level domain. Wouldn,t you concur there or no? I'd like to hear. That statement in the link on the terms could only apply to personal websites

8. wsp2469 profile image60
      wsp2469posted 14 years ago

It might also apply to how long you have posted at one site, no?

9. Marisa Wright profile image87

Mel, I can see how you've worked out that logic.  All I can say is, try looking at the eBay and Amazon sites, and you'll see they talk as if all their affiliates have personal websites, too. It's one of the reasons newbies get confused, trying to paste the tracking code on to their Hubs instead of in their account settings. 

You won't find anything in the policy saying that revenue sharing sites are a special case.  The Adsense account owner is still the individual and is judged on his/her content as if it was their own website, not on the content of the whole site. 

When Google rejects a Hubber, they send them an email telling them they have to wait six months.  I've seen several people quote it.  I don't understand why you're so intent on disbelieving them.  As we've established, the fact that you got approved is neither here nor there - many Americans get approved after one Hub.

10. mel22 profile image60
      mel22posted 14 years ago

I realize they are judged on their own hubs but the (being rejected for not being established) is what they do not make clear on the link you gave. If he's rejected I would think it would be based on the content not the established rule. Otherwise why would'nt they let you post second level profiles for the domain and make it really relevant to established time of the individual profile. Anyway, the six month rule might come into play so i'll drop it and let ya get the last word and hopefully we can see eye to eye while being able to disagree. Thanks for discussing it this time without throwing (my rubbish) in my lap and thanks for the link. The last one worked, so I did see it. Thanks ,bye for now.-  P.S. I'd really like to know if ANY Indians have gotten approved prior to six months. That would really answer the question. If you don't mind I'd like to ask that in a forum ( and i'm only asking so you don't think I'm pushing the question. I am actually just very interested to know now and its actually Bugging my brain now) LOL ok Marissa have a good one!

1. weblog profile image56
        weblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Somewhere in this thread itself, Arunjain - a hubber from India had told so, that he got approved through google sites.

11. Karina S. profile image60
      Karina S.posted 14 years ago

It is a good idea to create a blog, a tblogspot.com, it may help.

That can help, not just with amazon but Ebay and other affiliate programs.

12. Cleanclover profile image42
      Cleancloverposted 14 years ago

Write the hubs yourself without copying and pasting. Make sure you have atleast 300 words and with good english. Also make sure you have a gmail account.
      When i applied for adsense i had written only half a hub and still i got my account within 2 days.

Where are you based, Cleanclover?  And how long ago was that?

13. Adopt-a-Dog profile image69

I have put up a google site, and will be applying throught it shortly. Once I fill it up with relevant uncopied content.

Also @captain as i mentioned earlier there's nothing to loose, I am trying everything I can. And as far as originality is concerned I am not worried much. I may be sometimes inspired by an article or 2 here and there but the content i make myself.

@wsp2469 About only about Dogs, I thought on it am planning to use group feature and then also write on varied topics as well.

Thanks everyone, Keep rolling

1. mel22 profile image60

Checked out Linus Studios! COOOL - Hope everything turns out good!Keep us posted

14. Gale Force profile image61
      Gale Forceposted 14 years ago

Hi, all

Is there any way to prevent Hub Pages from putting ads on our hubs. I used to have an account with Adsense, but after 5 years of hard work, just when the money was starting to come in at a respectable level, my account was canceled, with no warning and no explanation. I therefore don't want to have anything to do with them, and I don't want there ads on my pages.

I understand that Hub Pages makes money from these Google Ads, but if I had an account with Google, the money *they* make would go to me instead, right? So if I don't want Google Ads on my pages, it would be the same difference - they still wouldn't get any money.

Is there a way to do that?

15. mel22 profile image60
      mel22posted 14 years ago

Gale Force, the easiest way is to set the adlevel of each hub or new hub to none but there's a way to disable Adsense from hubpages totally . I just read it there in Help tab but I dont feel like posting it so look in the index of help, you'll see!

16. mel22 profile image60
      mel22posted 14 years ago

adopt a dog, simply remove the (/) backslash after the address extension when applying or it will tell the program to look in a second level subdirectory instead of the top level domain. And use http:// before the address so it knows the address is on a web server somewhere !

EX.( http://www.hupages.com )
      even just one / or space like this will deny your app for not being top level  domain( http://www.hubpages.com/ ) or .com/my profile will get it denied for that reason.

17. mel22 profile image60
      mel22posted 14 years ago

Gale Force on the Help page ,the 3rd index down on the right side of the page listed Account Administration, # 12 has you answer, you'll see it when you get there. Hope that Helps !

18. Gale Force profile image61
      Gale Forceposted 14 years ago

HI, Mel

Thanks so much for your help.

Much appreciated!

GF

19. mel22 profile image60
      mel22posted 14 years ago

No prob!

20. mel22 profile image60
      mel22posted 14 years ago

Adopt-a-dog, CORRECTION: forget the http:// that I mentioned as well ,it should only be www.hubpages.com in the application box

and the (/) is a forward slash not a backslash... I stand corrected in another forum - tecnicality mistake! If you paste into the box it will leave the http:// and the extra forward slash at the end  which will hold up your app

i just reread pauls response again and didnt realize the link was two parted with :your hub , there hub... and now that I do read both next to each other it does look like parts were copy and pasted. You need to get original content or it will be flagged for plagairism. All your other hubs look good so maybe you should rewrite the copied hub over again. It's not right!

21. Adopt-a-Dog profile image69
      Adopt-a-Dogposted 13 years ago

Hi, Everyone. I thought of waiting for 6 months. and reapplying, today I have re applied and lets see what turns up.
      Hope for the best

1. lrohner profile image69
        lrohnerposted 13 years ago

20 Dog Products Hub => Copied from Amazon
        Pit Bull Hub => Portions taken from petsdo.com

If you plan on reapplying to AdSense using HubPages, you might want to consider taking these hubs down.

2. thisisoli profile image72
        thisisoliposted 13 years ago

I doubt adsense will accept you if you have copied content.

According to Google the main reason for the 6 month wait period is so they can review content that you have created to cut down on the huge amount of stolen duplicate content (Read Adsense ToS) and illegible English content.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
      Necessary
      HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
      LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
      Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
      AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
      Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
      CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
      Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
      Features
      Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
      Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
      Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
      Marketing
      Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
      Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
      Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
      Statistics
      Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
      ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
      ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)