My Traffic is showing a HUGE jump on Hubapages...is it an error?

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (58 posts)
  1. OregonWino profile image61
    OregonWinoposted 14 years ago

So I am pretty new to this, been here about 2 weeks.  Anyways, I usually have around 40 visits a day or so.  Today Hubpages is showing around 175 visits....anyone else having weird stats?

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wouldn't say weird a little unusual but sometimes it is common during the holiday season especially if you have anything pertaining to holiday hubs, or other hubs of interest. smile

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
      mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep, my stats seem rather odd too, way up on normal especially on certain hubs that are normally pretty quiet in terms of activity!!

3. OregonWino profile image61
      OregonWinoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I went to Google Analytics and I am not showing anywhere near the amount of traffic Hubpages has me at...must be a bug...too bad!!  Good luck all and thank you for the answers!

4. DogSiDaed profile image60
      DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I had something similar... Still unsure as to the cause, I think in my case it may have been a glitch, but it may not have been in yours... I think Google Analytics might help with exact figures and the like? I don't have it but I hear it's useful.

5. Terryandco profile image57
      Terryandcoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My traffic has been the same for about 2 or three days now. Seems to be totally frozen. I also have double arrows on some pages - and really pages that I would not expect them to be on. I have checked and there is no official announcements so it seems very strange...

2. visitmaniac profile image61
    visitmaniacposted 14 years ago

Monopoly - Bank error in your favor

lol

Its ok to see stats like this. Check to see where they are coming from though via the stats you can look at per hub. If its traffic from search engines then A+++ Your on the right track. If you bookmark your sites perhaps someone dug it and now its spreading. See where its coming from and you should be able to make a rather good judgement into if its valid traffic or not.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89

I see what you mean, but for instance one of my hubs had 84 viewings only about half an hour after I published it, which just seemed way too much for the time it had been available. Another hub that barely has one or two viewings a week suddenly showed as having 146 viewings in a day. This just seems a little unlikely to me, although I hope I am wrong!!!

2. Richieb799 profile image75
      Richieb799posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey dude, I read one of your hubs about onlywire.com. I registered with all of the sites on there and submitted my hubs to them using the bookmark toolbar. that was last night, so Im hoping in a weeks time my traffics gonna rise! what do you think? lol Tried using thekeyword tool on adwords earlier for my classic car insurance hub
      I have had 12 trafficed via onlywire on my stats so far
      thanks for your help.

3. profile image0
    Scott.Lifeposted 14 years ago

Mine are up but only as far as Hubpages traffic, all the rest of my usual sources are at normal levels.

4. Lily Rose profile image85
    Lily Roseposted 14 years ago

Holy Cow!  I had complained the other day that my 24 hour views usually were around 220-230, but have been around 140-150 the last several days.  Yesterday and today, however, I have been back up to normal - but I just went and checked after reading your post and it says 677 views!! 

That can't be right...but I'm not complaining.  If it's right, I better see a whole lotta Amazon sales for today!

5. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Mine may be up a bit, but it is all old hubs that have been slow! Strange! smile

We should enjoy all of us have earned it! smile

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Absolutly!! smile

6. GeneralHowitzer profile image66
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

I also have an increase and that is expected since I published series of hubs for the past few days... There is a bug in my author score though, it shows 99 until now and at the same time my true grade in Hubbers' List is 96... big_smile

7. Ms Chievous profile image66
    Ms Chievousposted 14 years ago

I actually got double red arrows on a few of my hubs today.  And yes my traffic is up.  I had a good traffic day on Monday too!

8. Dao Hoa profile image61
    Dao Hoaposted 14 years ago

Could it be another flute from admin.? Do you remember the last time? They corrected them the next day! sad

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89

I am wondering the same thing as it just doesn't feel right somehow, the stats are "too" up to be correct, loads of double red arrows etc!!

9. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

mine are up on search engines and hubs, yet my hubber score went down. who knows?? up and down, I had a few hubs with double red arrows the last few days. maybe the weather is keeping people inside online. smile

10. fishtiger58 profile image67
    fishtiger58posted 14 years ago

Google traffic is up for me.

11. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Maybe there is a conspiracy running rampant on HubPages, as in the fact that Hubbers are really reading Hubs and rating them for the works that they are?

It could be a lot of people within the Hubbing community moving around actively looking for information from others or products, or services or how to things.

My traffic has increased on only some of my Hubs and not others. I see it as new hubbers hubbering about. If it's mostly coming from HubPages, then it would only make sense.

I've been actively all over the Community reading Hubs and the ones I liked, I RATE up, because I want them to do well.

Oh well, off to read more Hubs. Later. big_smile

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. Dao Hoa profile image61
      Dao Hoaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

WOW! Cagsil, thank you.

3. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do you think Sarah Palin may have access to HAARP and is causing all this madness?

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Was it necessary to bring politics into the forum, when it wasn't really needed? Just a thought.

1. profile image0
          SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not politics. It is just a joke. Lighten up man .

12. 20gsxr05 profile image60
    20gsxr05posted 14 years ago

My traffic is still the same maybe all of your hard work is paying off

Now you are a woman? You are naughty just be yourself people are more accepting that way. smile

1. 20gsxr05 profile image60
        20gsxr05posted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is not you so why can't i have a different pic

mmmm...last time I checked I was all woman you are much more handsome when you are yourself and you are a man. But if you want to be a woman it is o.k. with me whatever you feel most comfortable in but I like you better as yourself. smile Last time I checked it was me let me ask my husband about the pic on the wall. smile

13. Rebecca E. profile image78
    Rebecca E.posted 14 years ago

Mine are up, but from hubbers not from the other sources I have.

14. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Is it just me but along with the traffic it seems like the system is bogging down to. I have defragged, cleaned out cookies etc. but HP is running odd if it is just me please let me know because something is very unusual. smile

15. 20gsxr05 profile image60

i am just trying new things but i will consider your advice.I hope you are telling me that so i can have success on here

I am one of your fans and wish every person success your hubs provide valuable information and being yourself just makes things easier. smile

16. 20gsxr05 profile image60

You have a page rank of 4 and i am sure my information is just a small bit of what you know but i will take you advice because i trust you

You have valuable information and are also very credible strive for success and I will be here for you, if you ever have any questions just ask.smile

17. H.C Porter profile image80
    H.C Porterposted 14 years ago

yep-had a 50 view jump within an hour to one of my hubs as well...

18. Dr23 profile image60
    Dr23posted 14 years ago

Nothing big or out of the ordinary here. Traffic is actually down quite a bit today and yesterday compared to other days.

19. 20gsxr05 profile image60

i have tons of question but i don't want to bore you.I am sure you have seen everything on here.I know you also have more important things to do besides helping a (newbie)

I will help you just e-mail I have helped many newbies and I remember that I was new here once too.smile

20. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 14 years ago

My traffic has jumped by 25%. One hub that was languishing is now on the first page of Google for its keywords. The others I don't see where the traffic is coming from. The Hubs that were already doing well are unchanged.

It would be nice if Hubpages was suddenly getting higher authority in Google.

1. Dao Hoa profile image61

25% and Google's first page! That's great! Congrats.
      It would be a treat, isn't it?

21. 20gsxr05 profile image60

YOU GOT MAIL LOL

You now have mail too and I am going to sleep it is 12:12 am and I need to get some rest, goodnite. smile

22. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

So so tired after reading 15000 hubs over and over again, in the last 48 hours! lol

1. Dao Hoa profile image61

WOW smile

23. profile image0
    shinujohn2008posted 14 years ago

yes there is a slight difference, may due to christmas holidays

24. DennisBarker profile image61
    DennisBarkerposted 14 years ago

I'm getting double the traffic I normally get to a few of my hubs, for the last couple of days. Did this turn out to be a glitch in hubpages statistics?

25. Suspect20 profile image69
    Suspect20posted 14 years ago

I was about to make a post asking this same question, been noticing some really random jumps (as much as 300% over the past couple weeks).  My Google analytics and adsense traffic has stayed constant, hubpage tracking numbers seem to be way off now though. 

I know it is not unusual to have small difference between hubpage numbers and official google stats, but this is way beyond the "norm".

1. Will Apse profile image88
      Will Apseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have had the same weirdly high figures for some of my hubs for 24 hours now. One page which never had traffic is stuck on 82 visits in a day. There is definitely a problem somewhere.

Are all the Hub staff on holiday? No one seems to be looking into it.

26. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
    mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years ago

Still not convinced these stats are genuine. One of my hubs has normally only has 2 or 3 viewings per week, but suddenly had 151 viewings in 24 hours!!!!

1. emievil profile image66
      emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Same here. And the views in my Analytics are still the same. I wonder what is going on.

27. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

My google traffic is higher, my hub traffic is much much higher.

28. Michael Willis profile image67
    Michael Willisposted 14 years ago

My traffic started rising last night, then today mid-afternoon they Froze!!! No change since that time.
    If something is going on, hubstaff will figure it out. They always do.

1. janiek13 profile image76
      janiek13posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mine jumped up a little and now they have been frozen since early yesterday. Maybe they are upgrading. I guess we will find out soon enough.

29. ThoughtfulSpot profile image69
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 14 years ago

My traffic has been higher too, but mostly from hubpages.  Darn.  Was hoping I suddenly got more interesting! smile  Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed on some of it anyway, there are a few I was hoping to see higher traffic on for various reasons.  My jumps haven't been nearly as high as some mentioned here, but there is one hub in particular that is very new and jumped from about 10 in its first 2 days to 50 today!

30. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

I think Hubpages is having a few problems with stats at the moment, don't worry about it too much and get an analytics account!

1. ThoughtfulSpot profile image69
      ThoughtfulSpotposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just signed up.  Thanks to everybody who suggested Analytics.  Its something I hadn't done yet.  And, while I was at it, I checked my traffic, and my google traffic is up too (based on hubpages, and my adsense hits... we'll see what the real story is when Analytics kicks in.)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)