message excerpts from Continental congress update...

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (16 posts)
  1. SparklingJewel profile image68
    SparklingJewelposted 14 years ago

December 19, 2009

Gratitude: Looking Back

Strength, Courage and Illumination: Looking Ahead

Will We The People do What is Necessary to Save America?

The Articles of Freedom: a Wake-up Call

Dear Friends of We The People Foundation and We The People Congress,

As we enter into this Holy Week that is so filled with good wishes for family and friends, earnest prayers and up-reach for America and mankind, we stop to consider all that has taken place in 2009 with deepest gratitude.

For those of us here, this is a much-needed time to pause, to reflect, to rest, to gather strength, energy and illumination for what is ahead.   The resting points in this past year have been few and far between, if at all.  There has been more to do then there are hours in the day for those concerned with the protection of our Republic at this time.

The patriot heart appears to run alongside the world as most know it, but in truth, we are living a different reality now, a stark reality with an hourglass that shows a critical hour when it comes to America and Her Destiny, our Charters of Freedom, our Republic and our way of life.     

Amazing patriot hearts, tireless patriot hearts, determined to see this effort through, came forward in nearly every state, as state coordinators, county coordinators, local, regional and national volunteers.  So many heroes to the Cause of Liberty. 

These have not been easy months for any of us in our attempts to create interest and support in this idea which has been such a departure from the American way of thinking.  The focus in our Nation has been on the political system for so long, on the electoral process, on putting new candidates into office as a way to fix our discontent.

To what end?  And to what degree, relative to the size of our overall voting population, have we neared the majority necessary to assure any Victory?  Perhaps in 2010.  We pray it will be so.....

Every organization in the Freedom movement has had its own thrust, its own members, its own rice bowl to clutch onto….even still today. 

Like many, we have seen the waves kicking up and a perfect storm brewing – coming on faster than we may even know -- but still no one has seemed to have a common destination.  What is going to bring all the people and all the energies together so there will be enough thrust for the world to hear the VOICE OF FREEDOM THAT MUST NO LONGER BE DENIED lest we wake up in a country that would shake the Founding Fathers from their graves in discontent?   When will there be the GREAT MERGE?   These are questions we are still asking now.

From our view, the sole focus of Continental Congress 2009 has been to create a plan that could stop the violations of the Constitution and restore Constitutional governance in America, across the board.

We have watched people awaken in this effort – to see so many of them suddenly realize that it didn’t matter who they had voted for –THEY WERE NOT OBEYING THE CONSTITUTION and without the Constitution, there is no rudder, nothing but the whims of man guiding the ship.   We have watched the defensive posture of others protecting their favorite candidates or their parties disappear like blowing sand and suddenly they are FREE from personalities, parties and politics.  Suddenly they know it is all about the Constitution and nothing else.  It is the Constitution that will save us or we will not be saved. 

From our view, Continental Congress was to be free from any paintbrush and could hold out a torch to any person, group or organization who simply wanted to take a stand for our Constitution, and come together to ensure we do not lose it. 

All of this was a new way of thinking for many of our volunteers, let alone the people we were all trying to reach and awaken....

The Articles of Freedom will ring the bell of Liberty as a wake-up call for our elected officials and our people.  It represents a Plan that can turn us all around and restore our Republic.  The Articles of Freedom are for those who do not know how far we have strayed and who now need to decide where they stand.  The Articles of Freedom are for all of those who are wide awake, with the hope that this can be the basis for the Great Merge – the Rallying Call that will bring us all together.

The Constitution is not going to defend itself and it is now, up to the People of America to do this, before it is too late.   

This is not a time for complacency, apathy or indifference.  It is not a time to sit back and watch the events which are unfolding before us.  This is not a time for the summer Patriot.   We have only just begun what may be the most challenging, unrelenting fight of our lives – on all levels --- to protect the America that God gave to the Free.

If you blink, you could almost miss the changes which are taking place, which wipe away more and more of our liberties each day and will even find us waking up in a Nation we do not recognize, many believe, by this Christmas morning.   There has never been a more important time to stay awake, to act, to care, to live, to pray to God for the saving of this country...

We wish you and your loved ones all the Blessings and Miracles that this Christmas can bring, not only now, but in all the days ahead.  We hope that you will feel all the love we feel at this time of year and that it is sustained in your feelings in the days ahead.  We hope you feel an ever-increasing sense of brotherhood and sisterhood among the Free People of America, a deeper call to the Cause of Liberty and the illumination that shows us the way as we head into what is likely to be a difficult year.  May we have no malice to anyone.

Finally, we are ever so grateful, truly grateful, to be Americans.   We believe we have only just begun to find out what it really means to be a true citizen of this country, as Freedom Keepers for our Constitution and the Founding Principles which our Founding Fathers put in place that generations to come would know their individual inalienable God-given Right to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. 

As we seek to carry on the Sacred Trust given to us by our Founding Fathers, to be part of the enduring Voice that speaks the Eternal Will of the People to be Free,  we know we will witness times ahead that we cannot even imagine as of this writing.   We know the end, though we do not know what we will go through to get there. 

America has been given to the FREE and She will remain FREE. She will somehow throw off the chains that seem to bind her and go forward.  Her People will see a New and Lasting Day that Shines a Golden Pathway of Light and Liberty for all.

1. MikeNV profile image66
      MikeNVposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Whoever controls the Money Supply controls freedom.

1. SparklingJewel profile image68
        SparklingJewelposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think that depends on the type of freedom one is talking about. True freedoms are spiritually God given and can only be taken away from the individual who believes they have been taken...

people may believe this tends to happen when our outer freedoms are abused, curbed and abolished...yes, money sources would create that appearance and outcome...

what choice does one have but to continue to believe in one's freedoms and fight to maintain or re-attain what is taken away...while having the faith that others will join in that recognition to fight for what is right (I don't mean violence fight...)

2. kateperez profile image58
    kateperezposted 14 years ago

When will we control our own money instead of others doing it for us?

1. wesleyacarter profile image57
      wesleyacarterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

the question is, when will you stop letting money control YOU?

3. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Now, now, KAte. You know we're just children and are not responsible enough to do that. What were you thinking??

i know there is a hint of sarcasm here. But the truth is, Americans are not responsible enough. For many reasons, including our addiction to excess (quantitative quality of the modern world) and our addiction to individualism.

4. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Our addiction to individualism??? What, you want us all to be mindless robots??? Sorry, pal, I certainly do value individuality! Or do you see the two terms as exclusive?

individuality is valuable yes. but only in moderation. individual thoughts, words, and so on. But when an individual builds a sense of entitlement, that is when things go awry, i think. When a person feels they deserve this or that, or can not take responsibility for their fellow man because of too much self-involvement - that is dangerous.

As an American, when I see a man living in poverty, part of me feels responsible, in a way, for that man's misfortune. The system has failed him, and so, the system has failed me.

The object is to be mindful humans. To achieve objectives - not without thought - that are valuable to the whole and not simply, the self. Animal instinct, survival - these things are inherently selfish. Humanity - the choice to move past the quantifiable self for the greater good of all people.

We have this capacity, we choose not to utilize it.

5. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Okay, Wes, I agree with you in part. I do feel a responsibility to my fellow man, and I act on this. But I feel we should do this freely instead of being forced by the government. Also, I'm sorry, but I don't believe everyone deserves help. For example, if someone is broke because he can't find a job, help him. If someone is broke because he's too lazy to work, does he deserve help?

in my opinion, a man too lazy to work should be discarded. he is a burden to society.

That is simply not the case with poverty in America.

It is not about being forced by your government. It is more about the government and the people being one, such that, your personal views are considered and made useful.

6. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Everyone%20Else/images-2/clown.jpg

I LOVES me some consty tution!

7. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

The overall problem is a lack of knowledge on the people's part and an abuse of power by those in power. One knew that the other was unaware, so more was taken from those who don't know any better.

Civil rights have been diminishing. Too much government invasion into society has become detrimental to the survival of society. Enough said. smile

8. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 14 years ago

The issue is indolence and selfishness on the one hand and arrogance on the other.
    Those in political office have the gall to think they know better than ourselves how to run our lives.
    Those that feel it is their right to live off the treasure of others, are too lazy and selfish to do for themselves.  It should be our decision whom to assist and who not to.  In nature it is the survival of the strongest and the smartest, those who have earned the right to survive and propogate.  Those that do not contribute should have no expectations on the produce of those that do.  If producers want to assist others, they have that right, but no one has the right to demand that others feel the same way and be forced to share the fruit of their labors.

9. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

So, Wes, you're saying that no one in America is too lazy to work?? I beg to differ. I agree that many in America are needy through no fault of their own, and I have sympathy and empathy for such people. And I put my money where my mouth is - I help. You must admit, however, that lazy Americans DO exist.

10. SparklingJewel profile image68
    SparklingJewelposted 14 years ago

the are many reasons why there are needy folks in the world. Corporations taking jobs somewhere else; dysfunctional psychology in family systems and individuals; government provides the wrong kind of incentive..usually little or none; manipulation by the elites in the financial systems to line their own pockets; spiritual weaknesses and abuses through doctrines...I could go on.

It is hard, but these things need to be handled on almost always an individual basis...but there are some lazy folks, too.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)