do people enjoy reading about food and recipes?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (21 posts)
  1. liswilliams profile image40
    liswilliamsposted 14 years ago

Hi
    I'm still fairly new, I'm a chef so I have been writing recipes mostly. Is that a worthwhile topic to write about? Do a lot of people read recipes?

Thanks
    Lisa

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

absolutely! i intend to write more in the coming year, as people are always looking for new recipes. good luck smile

2. profile image0
      WildIrisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I like reading recipes, but most of all I like to know why they work.  Right now I am making Royal Icing for a gingerbread house.  The Royal Icing recipe calls for powdered meringue.  I do not have powdered meringue on hand, but I do have egg whites, and since it is for a gingerbread house and no one is going to eat it, I figure it's OK.  I guess what I am trying to say is, it would be great to know how to substitute when the market is too far away. Yes,  I think recipes and food are worthwhile to write about!

3. Jane@CM profile image61
      Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I enjoy reading them very much.  I have several hubbers I follow just for their recipes.  As long as the recipe is tried & true & not copied off the food network - have at it!!!  I'll be watching smile

4. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely - especially if you find a nice niche! Although you may not get any sales, you should get plenty of traffic! My niche 'Guinness recipes' is doing very well traffic wise!

5. Blogging Erika profile image65
      Blogging Erikaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Food and recipes are one of the few things everyone has in common!  Everyone's gotta eat, right?  I have found that response to anything I post that's food-related is way higher than a lot of other topics.

2. caravalhophoto profile image60
    caravalhophotoposted 14 years ago

I am a recipe Whore...write away, I'll always try a new recipe.  wink

3. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I am a man who still lives at home with mom. So, I cook alot. I'm always in search of new recipes to make. And, as for the affect/effects here at HubPages, would lead me to understand that many like to cook and try new things.

Not to mention, the search engine traffic, could amount to quite a bit. So, GO for it!!!!!!!! smile

4. bat115 profile image78
    bat115posted 14 years ago

I should say yes as the few recipes I have so far have had a nice amount of views and I enjoy reading them too.

5. liswilliams profile image40

thanks!smile

6. bigmikeh profile image69
    bigmikehposted 14 years ago

Although I don't write recipes for HubPages, one of my other niche sites is dedicated to cake recipes and has just been through it's Christmas peak of around 900 visitors each day. Unfortunately Adsense clicks for recipes don't pay much so it rarely makes more than $2-$3 a day. But I enjoy producing the content and taking a few photos.

If you enjoy producing recipe hubs, go for it - but be aware of the low Adsense values.

1. kirstenblog profile image79
      kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe you could place some cake pans or icing squeezy tube thingies on your site and see the occasional conversion with amazon or some other affiliate? I bet you can find products to sell that are a must have for cake bakers smile

7. profile image0
    Citrus000posted 14 years ago

I enjoy reading about the benefits different foods have for your health. That along with recipes would be an awesome read!

8. Mrs.Nita profile image59
    Mrs.Nitaposted 14 years ago

I'm a big fan of cooking and I'm always trying different recipes.  I think you writing recipes is a good thing.

9. fishtiger58 profile image69
    fishtiger58posted 14 years ago

Yes yes yes I love recipes. Do write some.

10. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I'm so glad someone asked this question because I was wondering the same thing! I started on my new Southern Cuisine and Southern Traditions series today, with my original recipes, along with some old family ones.

I figured the adsense payout would be small, but the hubs are fun to write. Maybe we should all get together and open a restaurant! lol

11. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

Lots of people love to write and read about Hubs.  They can draw in some traffic, however in my experience they do not convert particularly well for sales sad

12. Michael Willis profile image68
    Michael Willisposted 14 years ago

I also like to read recipe hubs as well as write recipe hubs. I like to get ideas from others on cooking tips and their takes on recipes. Every one who cooks it seems has something different they make or how they make something.  For me, my favorite foods are anything Hot & Spicy! I only have a few recipe hubs, but will be adding a lot more very soon. Just need to get me a good camera so I can take pics.
    So write away with your recipes. I will look forward to reading your hubs on them.

13. liswilliams profile image40

yeah, shame about the sales, but I guess it's what I enjoy and know about it so thanks guys, I'll keep on going

14. chinweike profile image60
    chinweikeposted 14 years ago

As far as food, eating and cooking are concern, recipes books will always sell

15. NaomiR profile image75
    NaomiRposted 14 years ago

I've written a few recipe hubs and they get a lot of views, but don't get much money. But yes, they are fun to write and all of those little clicks add up!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)