Dreams, do they become reality? And how do we dream?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (28 posts)
  1. G Miah profile image78
    G Miahposted 14 years ago

I will be writing a detailed hub about dreams in Islamic perspective, but i wanted to know what you think about dreams? How, why, when we see them? Do they become reality afterwards?

Please post your thoughts on this matter, and feel free to write open mindedly on this subject.

1. mohitmisra profile image59
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Some dreams become a reality,
      Some seem to end in utter futility.

Dream on dream on, don't stop,
      Try living your dreams or become a flop.

Where in the world are your dreams coming from?
      There seems no stop ever since I was born.

Dreams are the spirit guiding man.

2. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have had dreams that become reality, I have never understood it but accept it as a gift from the Heavens above. smile

3. dyonder profile image71
      dyonderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A door is opened and consciousness is left behind. (how)
      To retain sanity by admitting realities we can't consciously perceive, but which we know to exist - at least on some level. (why)
      A person can dream when asleep or not asleep (imgination, day dreams, meditation, prayer, constant distraction, etc.). (when)
      Dreams are reality, just a deeper reality our limited senses cannot always perceive (or admit). For some it is inextricably tied to our agreed upoon reality; for others it is the deeper more expansive reality which simply is. In that reality time is truly nonexistant, so some easily perceive, detect, bring back moments of prescience.

4. DogSiDaed profile image59
      DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dreams come from our subconscious mind, so often dreams will have elements of our lives within them. Some are rational, some irrational, but all from jumbled messages of our thoughts, often reflecting current stress and emotion. Some dreams you will want to make a reality and do. Some things you think you have dreamed are actually things you have just seen, and Deja Vu makes you believe you've experienced the site before you just did even though you didn't. I don't believe dreams carry any sort of amazing message as portrayed in some books, but they can certainly be a cause of inspiration for the newly awakened mind smile

5. EIF131 profile image55
      EIF131posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Great hub.  I've only had one dream in my lifetime that actually came true.  And it wasn't good.  Most dreams I've had have been scary, nightmarish.  Being shot, dying in a car crash, walking around in a foreign country noticing everyone dressed in winter clothing while I walked around in summer clothing and trying to communicate with others but they didn't respond to me - In the dream - I realized I was dead. 
      Geez, I wish my dreams never come true.  I've had but a few that were pleasant the rest - not good.

2. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

I have had some CRAZY dreams man! If my dreams were to become reality this would be one crazy world pretty fast. In my dreams I usually can read minds or fly and can have a very Hollywood super hero feel to them. I have had multiple dreams about the end of the world. In one hells fire balls were zipping across the face of the planet and demons breaking through the surface of the earth pulling people down to hell. There was a clerical mix up and I was taken to hell in the chaos even tho my soul did not belong there. Since I was a good soul in hell the Devil could not properly torture me and I became friends with the Devils mom and tried to offer comfort to the tortured where I could. Needless to say that was a very odd dream! But wait! There are more! I had one dream where I was murdered by being pushed off a cliff. My fall was in slow motion and my body like that of a rag doll, being broken on every rock as it tumbled down. I had so much fun in the falling that the fall rewound and I experienced it several times until my mind could no longer re create the fall. At this point I went to the underworld where all dead souls go and there the God of the underworld allowed me to return to life to avenge my murder but I just got murdered again! Got to fall off that cliff again. I have had dreams of murderers dousing me in gasoline and setting me alight with no pain! I was the super hero sent to stop them. Another end of the world dream saw me watching a 60 foot high wave coming in to drowned the land and as it hits me I spontaneously evolve into a mermaid creature. Seriously what do any of these mean really? My vote is that I have an active imagination or the world is going to be coming to an end soon, one or the other but who's to tell?

G Miahposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow, amazing dreams Kirstenblog! Enjoyed reading it, and they definitely sound like hollywood type dreams!

1. kirstenblog profile image77
        kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I probably watch to much TV lol

You should be on tv!!! Your ratings would crash through the sky!!

1. kirstenblog profile image77
            kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have had dreams and in the dreams knew it was a dream but thought wow this would make a great book. When I wake up tho the story seems week and predictable, lacking the spark I felt while in the dream. The funny thing is that some dreams fade almost the second I wake and others stay crystal clear in my memory for years without needing to be written down. I have not had many vivid dreams lately but I have had a few that woke me up in tears with an incredible sense of heart ache and loss and I cannot say what the dream was about, just the emotion from the dream.

2. repstrydiefly profile image65
      repstrydieflyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

those are very interesting, but probably both. See dreams are simply thoughts you have in your subconscious mind. So if you had dreams about the end of the world or dying, then maybe you are nervous or perhaps scared that the end of the world could be coming soon. It could also be symbolism for something emotional happening in your life. You need to make your own judgement or change your thinking to positive, because the more positive you think on a daily basis, the more positive your subconscious mind or dreams will be. Peace Love Truth Positivity

3. ddsurfsca profile image73
    ddsurfscaposted 14 years ago

Our subconscience minds have all the answers to our mysteries, questions, and problems during our whole life.  Problem being, we are for the most part unable to probe enough to retrieve the needed information.  Dreams are our natural way to put our conscience mind to sleep, giving our subconscience mind a chance to give us the answers we need.  Everything in our dreams represents a part of our own personality, therefore knowing this we have a bit of a start into interpeting our dreams into the answers we seek.

4. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

There are diffrent kinds of dreams.
    ddsurfsca described very well one classification of dreams.
    I have had many of these myself warning me of physical  ailments,physplogical struggles.
        Another kind are precognitive dreams. Some people believe that our dreams are a way for our unconscious mind to communicate the multitude potential futures that are there to choose from. Thus dejavu  makers. And some warning us of the actions or feelings of others.

And some are simply for our enjoyment and entertainment.
    This kind may fit into one of the other categories.

5. profile image0
    Citrus000posted 14 years ago

I have not resolved my thought on dreams yet so therefore I am not ready to discuss them on the forum. But I am looking forward to reading your hub. Be sure to let me know when it is done. Thanks G Miah. smile

6. double_frick profile image59
    double_frickposted 14 years ago

i love dreams.
    shakespeare said it best, as always, "to sleep, perchance to dream..."

i've had many different kinds of dreams.
    i think people can have different dreams for different reasons. and not all people can have the same kinds of dreams, for example, not all people may have prophetic dreams. but i believe some do, and some have dreams that are symbolic, though still premonitory.

then, i firmly believe that i (and certainly others) have astral traveling dreams. in fact, i believe that more people have these kinds of dreams than even realize.
    i know i have been places in my dreams, in fact i can revisit places in my dreams and meet-up with beings that i am familiar with, perhaps in the same soul group?
    i have even had confirmed visits in dreams with people still alive.
    really brings a sense of inter-connectedness and how we really are never separated from anyone actually.

i can't wait to read your hub!

7. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Many types of dreams, yes.  A few of mine I've deciphered:

1.  Guys were pursuing me & my (ex) wife.  I was on the run (with ex), but acting as rear guard and also shooting them when they got too close--and killing them--with a .45 Long Colt revolver.  The men were DEBTS, and as we were making good money at that time, we were paying them off (killing the suckers) one by one.

2.  I was badly snakebit and knew I'd die if I didn't get help.  Zoomed over water for a long distance, very fast, found the Mahanta (my spiritual guide)...who PULLED the toxins from me.  Unfortunately, it likely meant he took on the karma himself.  On awakening, I learned my soon to be ex (#6; above dream was #5) had closed our joint checking account after I'd left her on the run...resulting in $8,000 worth of checks bouncing on a closed account.  Potentially "felony time", and very real "toxins".  Fortunately, I was able to call and stall some of the creditors (explaining what had happened) and had sandbagged just enough money in a separate acount to allow me to cover the rest.  Otherwise, I'd have been either dead or brought up on charges.

3.  Flying dream, flew out from Montana to an open, unpopulated hillside I nonetheless KNEW was overlooking Spokane, Washington.  Sat there studying the lay of the land for a time.  A couple of months later, graduated from college, and Spokane was where I landed a job.

Additional note:  I've observed that OFTEN, the LAST dream before I get up in the morning becomes symbolic for the FIRST thing I have to deal with during the day, and it continues to "unroll" in reverse order.

Wow, fantastic. I heard sometimes dreams can become true until your last day. Some dreams happen quickly, and some take a lot of time.

8. aoiffe379 profile image58
    aoiffe379posted 14 years ago

Dreams are a topic I do not understand yet.In dreams I have spoken fluently in German, French and Spanish,though I known only some Spanish.After a dream in which I wrote poems in Spanish,I got up and wrote them - about ten or more.Some have been lost; but I have a few.

In a dream interview I was asked what I would dream if dreams came true.I answered with poetry detailing my goals.Then I got up and wrote what I remembered as a poem.I believe that poem summarizes my life work.

Another dream resulted in healing.I used to have excessive ear wax which caused a lot of problem during a change in weather,particularly when it was cold.In the dream, golden oil went through each section of my hair;and my hair parted automatically.I was charged three times; then my ear popped. It was so loud that I awoke;and it was 3:00 a.m. exactly.Today, I am still healed.

When I was 16 I began a novel- fiction.However,though the characters and setting were intended to be fictitious,the setting and many of the events were too true to be fiction! Some events happened in reality.I completed six chapters before the manuscript was found and destroyed.However, in 2010, I plan to write that unfinished novel and maybe another.

Wow, amazing stuff! Never heard of things like that before.

My best friend used to dream of natural disasters around the world, and they actually happened within 5 days of him dreaming them, and i am witness to them all. He doesn't dream things like that anymore though, maybe because there are too many. His ones were very detailed and specific, he knew the location, sort of time, what would happen, like a plane crash, helicopter crash due to hurricanes, tornadoes etc...

People's dreams are very interesting to hear, and they are even better when interpreted.

Keep dreaming sweet dreams, and be safe!

1. profile image55
        (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I find that extremely hard to believe. You're just making that up, aren't you? No one has to power to predict the future, other than in sweeping generalizations, which others make those connections.

Dreams only come to fruition if one does the physical work to make them come true. Anything else is pure coincidence.

I have no reason to make anything up, i don't have to. I am proof that he did dream of those things, i know he dreamt because he used to tell me them straight after he saw the dreams, before they actually happened!

He did his university work about dreaming things before they happened. He doesn't have any dreams like that anymore. I'm very serious. After i finish my hub, you will hopefully understand more about how dreams work in an islamic perspective.

1. profile image55
            (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually, you have reason to make it up. But, I wouldn't want to embarrass you by listing those reasons here.

Got some swampland for sale, too?

Fine, but everything I hear from the "Islamic" perspective lately is propaganda. I hope what you have to say is original.

9. G Miah profile image78

I know, there are so many kinds of dreams, and i remember when my sister told me she dreamt a snake bit her, and after she woke up there were two tiny teeth marks on her leg.

I have dreams like yourself, and you are right, some stay in memory long time, while other i forget as soon as i've woken up. There is a good reason for that, which i will talk about when i finish my new hub about how dreams work.

10. G Miah profile image78

That's great, some dreams are meant to become true, they are shown to us by God, but sometimes Satan gatecrashes the good dreams and turns them into something totally different.

I can't wait to finish my hub on this subject! To be honest, i haven't even started it yet, lol!!!

1. marinealways24 profile image60
      marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's nice. So, if I believe and let you convert me to Islam, can I have the same favored dreams as God favors you with so I can prophecy my future? Do I have to convert to Islam so the devil doesn't get in my dreams?

like i said, i will write the hub in a an Islamic perspective, the information i have to write the hub is from Islamic literature, and what i have written above is the Islamic belief. When i finish it, you will understand the basics of the processes that are involved.

You don't have to be a muslim to dream dreams favoured by God. You have misunderstood the above text. Satan affects everyone and everything. It's a very long and complicated discussion to be having here. Wait for the hub, then you can make your own judgements.

1. profile image57
          mmkassimposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good Hub G Miah. I had dejavu dreams as frequent as every week when I was 8 and I embraced it after sometimes, thinking that it's normal(I didn't share this with anyone because other might think it's weird and I'm a freak). As I grew older, I started getting dreams about future results (e.g exam result but in jumble of images or how the dream will end - happy or sad). I shared my room my my aunt previously and there's a time when I laughed in my dream and I actually was laughing whilst sleeping. My aunt had to wake me up because she thinks it's creepy, later during the day, she told me my big exam result will be announced the day after that. Nonetheless, I aced that exam. There were some time in my life, that I cried in my dreams sad, let's say that it's not the best time of my life.

The big impact was that one week before the Tsunami in 2004, I dreamt of big waves taking over vast lands and a feeling of hopeless-ness. It was not a dream, it was a nightmare sad I didn't give much thought of the dream until the news is out. A year after that, I had similar dream but the impact is not as much as the year before..then out the Tsunami in 2005, Sri Lanka.

I am a firm believer that dreams are nothing more than a trickster playing you whilst your sleeping smile..

last night, I had another nightmare...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)