Password vs Unique Associates ID with Amazon

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Izzy Anne profile image60
    Izzy Anneposted 14 years ago

I did not join Hubpages to make money and was suprised to actually make money with Google Ads.

I had joined Amazon Affiliate Programme 2 years ago and did get an email confirming it and a Unique Associates ID ending with -20.  My Account page says my Amazon account is "set", but when I click to find out what money I have actually made, I get a page which asks for an email address and a password.  When I then fill in the Unique Associates ID, I am told it is not valid. 

I have bought some books from Amazon.com (US) and Amazon.co.uk and have a password (changed a few times since I often forget it) and when I fill that in, I get to MY Amazon.com homepage - the one that says Dear XXX.  I cannot get to my Affiliates programme from there.

I have looked at the email the Amazon Affiliate Programme sent me 2 years ago and when I click on the link there, I also get to Dear XXX, but I don't get to the page which said I made any money.

I probably made no money, but is there a difference between a PASSWORD and a UNIQUE ASSOCIATES ID?

(Sorry, I did search this forum, but could not find the answer.)

Thanks
    A rather non-commercial writer

1. starme77 profile image76
      starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

did you put the info in for lost password and have one emailed to you?

1. Izzy Anne profile image60
        Izzy Anneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I have received a new password, but as I said, it applies to my normal Amazon Account, not the affiliates one.

1. Lily Rose profile image85
          Lily Roseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They should be one in the same - well, at least mine is.

Did you try contacting Associates Customer Service?  I'm sure you can easily get it straightened up through them...

2. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

when you sogned up, you would have had to provide an email adress and create a password for your new acct. Your associates acct is not the same as your personal buyers account you may have had previous. You only use your ID to link your associate acct to your hubpages acct.

Go here: https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp … 14-7649810
    and enter the email and password you entered when signing up. That will take you to your associates page

3. Izzy Anne profile image60

Thank you for your fast reply.

Obviously I don't remember the password I had used two years ago. 

I have followed the link you gave and just got to a page where I have to change my password.  This I did.  But I still get this message when I click on the link in the "my account" section in Hubpages:

Important Message
    We're sorry. We weren't able to identify you given the information provided.

I have been struggling with this for over 2 hours.  I guess I just have to make a new Amazon Affiliate Account.

4. Izzy Anne profile image60

I think the problem is that when I try to find out my affiliates password, I get directed to my normal Amazon.com account.

"Your Amazon Associates e-mail address and password are secured by the Amazon.com retail Web site. To reset your Associates password, click on the following link to reset your password on Amazon.com.
    If you need additional assistance, please contact Associate Customer Service   Be sure to include any information you think might help us identify your account, such as your Associates ID.

The Amazon.com Associates Team"

I have contacted Associate Customer Services, but cannot imagine I will get an answer.

5. thisisoli profile image69
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

Try your normal amazon password, if it doesn't work you may be in trouble.

I have had good experiences with Amazon Associates support, so you should be ok!

The ID is not your username or password, that is a tracking code you create to track earnings!

Hope this helps smile

6. Marisa Wright profile image85
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

Izzy, is it possible you used another email address? 

As Thisisoli says, your ID is not your email address or your password - it's just a tracking code. 

If you reset your password, you should get the new password in your email account.  Have you checked your spam folder?

7. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

Ok, make sure you are using the Email you signed up for you associates acct with, the one they wouldh ave sent your acceptance to. Perhaps you saved the email from Amazon that included your ID? If not, do you remeember the email you used? Is it still active? If that email account was terminated, perhaps it is causing Amazon to have trouble identifying you.

If you filled out the form and contacted customer service, I'm sure you will hear back from them soon.

8. Izzy Anne profile image60

Amazing, Amazon customer service actually answered and I sorted out the problem.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)