What are your thoughts on saving our mother nature?

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (42 posts)
  1. nikki1 profile image61
    nikki1posted 14 years ago

Your thoughts?

1. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
      Shahid Bukhariposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nikki

Nature can look after itself, quite well ... Its been doing so for the past Five Billion Years or so ... if, a theory is held, as correctly calculating the Life of earth; hence, Nature.

I suggest, you re-postulate the Question, as,

"What should we do to Protect ourselves" ...
      Because, we humans are a Part of Nature, we do not Exist, above or below the Totality, called Nature, for we live within Nature.

Thus, the Question of saving Nature, becomes the Question of Saving, Human Kind. And we can save Humankind, and thus, Nature, with the Required Change in our Perception of Reality.

Such a Change, entails a Change in our Attitude toward Life. So till such time, we Believe in Justice and Truth, as Governing the Reality of our collective Being ... There is little, Science, Dollars or Philosophy can do, to Save us.

1. Shil1978 profile image88
        Shil1978posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Interesting thoughts - Well, in a way, all things come to an end. Even the Earth would die some day and we would be gone long before that. Reason why we as a species should seriously look at exploring outside of Earth to find alternative planets that can sustain us.

Unfortunately, human interest in space seems to spike only when there is competition. So, we had the US and the erstwhile Soviet Union striving to outdo one another in space exploration. But, now, who cares? Well, there is still some stuff going on, but nothing on the scale or promise that was promised once. We talk about cutting budgets now and curtailing space programs.

I hope humans find it within themselves to hone their science and space exploration skills, so we aren't doomed as a species. It would be sad to be wiped out due to a man-made catastrophe or an asteroid strike or any of the many unknown space phenomena that most definitely exists out there.

Humans need to spread out and seek newer worlds rather than put all their eggs in this basket called Earth. A wonderful place it is, but unfortunately not everlasting!!!

Niki

What makes you think, it will be us ... on that outwards flight into deep space ? Terra Forming mars and other distant Planets ?

2. qwark profile image61
        qwarkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Shahid"
        Interesting.
        Pls give us your thoughts about what you consider to be "truth and justice" and from what source do you derive your thoughts about those subjects..ty :-)

Dear qwark

You know what I mean by Truth and Justice ... and I cannot say, if your forgetting, our earlier dialogue, would help matters proceed any further, than before.

But basically, all I say is, Follow your heart while dealing with your fellow Humans, try doing it like your mother dealt with you ... and be Just ... meaning, be Fair, in your Actions i.e. Dealings ... especially, When you are in a Position of Power, having the Ability to Twist things in your personal favor.

Regards

3. nikki1 profile image61
        nikki1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

When we help Nature, we also survive. like you said we live within it. We unfortunately caused this mess by our factories, toxins, etc we have used. We need to go back to our resources. Our factories burn unnecessary fuel which burns oils which carries toxins into our ozone layer. Same with other types of products which has smoke involved. Firecrackers,.
        Lets not forget groceries.. what they are packaged in,. Plastic products we throw away in normal garbage cans instead of recycle bins. If we can do other means of cleaning out our dump sites instead of cooking them which takes toxins etc..

2. profile image54
      sonudhilloposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i want to save my mother nature not because it is the problem of our existence but because it has given us every thing in our day to day life and it is our responsibility to give her back in equal amounts

3. profile image52
      oliverbrownposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We must save this nature otherwise life on Earth may have to face dire consequences.

http://www.goarticles.com/cgi-bin/showa.cgi?C=2236872

4. mohitmisra profile image61
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

MOTHER EARTH

Mother Earth actually looks after me,
      She neither expects nor charges a fee.

Every year fresh fruits she provides to eat,
      For those fruits, one another man will beat.

So much water is there for us all,
      For water it often becomes an ugly brawl.

A tiny insect on her I am,
      Feeding me with her assorted jam.

Man keeps beating her with his big bombs,
      When will he realize that she is alive
      and that it is wrong?

Her we must begin to appreciate,
      Immediately before it gets too late.

From our puny race she will defend herself,
      You are just Begging her to annihilate yourself. "

5. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My thoughts?!

"mother nature" isn't a mother at all.
      "She" is a term used in lieu of a better way to describe nature.

I think too many people love "mother nature" instead of loving the One who created all things including nature itself.

I think everyone needs to worry about being saved themselves instead of trying to "save" mother nature.

It works both ways. Mother nature is all our responsibly. When it goes we go. God gave us the world, We need to preserve it. Have a great day to all.

2. profile image54
        (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Once again, Brenda has encapsulated part of the problem. The beliefs of religions have placed gods well above any terrestrial problems or issues, hence we will never fix our problems as long as those beliefs are held.

6. vox vocis profile image82
      vox vocisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My thought is: in the end we're the ones who need saving! Nature is giving it all back to us...

7. SparklingJewel profile image67
      SparklingJewelposted 14 years agoin reply to this

the most we can do to help mother nature is to clean up our own basements...our sub and un consciousness, then she wouldn't have to deal with so much discordant energies that create natural disasters

8. fantus profile image61
      fantusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Rather then saving mother nature you should instead be asking what our thoughts are on saving human nature, or rather changing it all together. This is because in order to save the world, or ourselves, we would therefore have to change ourselves into a being which doesn't ultimately lead to become a destructive influence. However this is a rather hypocritical point since anything that humans do on a whole destroys the world in one way or another. So instead, what your asking is what are your thoughts on the whole human race being wiped out. All i can say is, "you first".

2. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

Mother has always looked after us; we should all help take care of her.

3. profile image52
    helmet1posted 14 years ago

Seems odd but very human to apply the mental image and associated good attributes of a human character (mother especially), to this little chunk of the universe. People throw the word nature around as if it is a viable functioning thing with its own intent and value system.. We humans have that, nature is just a word to describe the random changes and dynamic events that happen to us and around us on this rock..

1. kerryg profile image83
      kerrygposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, in a manner of speaking, nature is a "viable functioning thing." It's not a conscious thing, but the degree to which the planet self-regulates itself is pretty amazing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaia_hypothesis

4. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Does nature need saving? hmm

yes, we are slowly sinking in areas of our Country. The Arctic region is melting at a fast rate. Some areas are feeling dangerous effect of natures disaster's. The list goes on,...

5. profile image52

And from what??????

1. bonny2010 profile image61
      bonny2010posted 14 years agoin reply to this

obviously from people who think nofurther than their own needs. certainly weare the humans - but did you know that man and anu arein theword human-thats scary wheras the word true is a part  of nature - iknow which one i would rather honor.

6. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

we must do every possible thing we can to protect and preserve our mother earth..I could go into more on this, but I will save it for an upcoming hub...

Such as?

7. kerryg profile image83
    kerrygposted 14 years ago

I agree with Shahid Bukhari. The earth itself will be here long after we are gone and ultimately there's not really much we can do that will harm her in the long, long term. Sure's we're en route to the biggest mass extinction since the end of the dinosaurs, but give the planet a couple hundred millon more years and she'll produce an entirely new batch of amazing creatures to live on her.

The thing about most environmentalists that non-environmentalists don't understand is that we actually love human beings and want our species to survive as long and as comfortably as possible. Our current behavior is putting our continued comfortable existence under serious threat, so we should stop it for our own sakes. If in the process we slow/halt the mass extinction of the other creatures we share the planet with, all the better. The idea of my grandchildren and great grandchildren growing up in a world without 50% of all species of life that exist today is unimaginably sad to me.

1. qwark profile image61

Kerry:
      I agree with you..but your grandchildren may be part and parcel of that "mass extinction" you speak of.
      The earth has experienced far greater calamity than we humans can produce and she still spins, intact, around her savior: the sun.
      We humans are in great jeopardy. We now have the power and the inclination to end all life as it exists.
      The possiblity is that if humankind can't come together as a functional unit, working in concert to preserve life, our future, in reference to our survival. seems bleak.
      Mother Nature will continue long after we have come and gone to experiment and produce life until "our savior" begins to run out of fuel and takes out the majority of our solar system..
      She's a tough old gal who will outlast us by a few billion years.:-)

8. Shil1978 profile image88
    Shil1978posted 14 years ago

If only we treated her as we would our mothers. Sadly, most of us don't and sadder still, the people who matter the most in influencing things (politicians, businessmen, etc.) are just plain diffident towards "mother" nature!!

9. profile image49
    curioxatposted 14 years ago

We all need to do our bit and I think there should be much more more taught at school and uni - halls of residence for students should promote recycling and eco-activity.

10. nikki1 profile image61

Thank you all for your comments. Very appreciated. Any more suggestions? Keep'm com'n. big_smile

11. profile image52

I liked the space exploration response .. A logical next step.. humans have the capacity to adapt as a result of reason they dont need to wait for chance mutations to continue future generations. Everything else in the universe will adapt or diminish by chance. Change is constant and forever and you can do nothing to stop it. Mountains are still growing all around the world and mountains are dying and weathering away all around the world. Plates are pushing against each other and shaking the Earth as they push new land up. Your not in the midst of the demise of anything. You are simply along for the ride and perhaps threatened by the changes. Give yourself a break accept the fact that everything on this planet changes everyday without purpose and without design it just changes. There are no such things as echo/systems there are just snap shots in time we humans take to uderstand what is happeneing and then foolishly project them forward as if they will opporate as a closed system without end. Dont worry be happy

12. nikki1 profile image61

What r some options?

13. Lita C. Malicdem profile image60
    Lita C. Malicdemposted 14 years ago

This planet is our only home, and when our home is in mess, we do some house cleaning to preserve its structure, so that we will continue to enjoy staying in it.

I have a blog about hazards we do in our environment. I also offered
    some eco-friendly solutions to clean up our mess.

Thank you for your thoughts about our planet.

14. Lita C. Malicdem profile image60
    Lita C. Malicdemposted 14 years ago

Great things begin from small things. If by my own version of caring for Mother Earth, like recycling my household garbage, proper waste disposal, and various small ways- I can lessen the mess and litters that choke up my only habitat- it makes me proud as an inhabitant of this planet.

In fact, We all do, without even knowing.

15. profile image59
    logic,commonsenseposted 14 years ago

Mother Nature will take care of herself.  She was her long before we got here and she'll be here long after we have left.  The time and effect of our presence is minimal at best. A thousand years is like seconds to her.  She will bring back balance to the world regardless of anything we do. And she will do it without regard to us or anything else!

16. Wayne Orvisburg profile image62
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 14 years ago

I know there is this huge debate on whether global warming is real or not. I'm not sure. But I do think, that all this crap we put into the air cannot be good. So, I'm actually planning to start writing some hubs regarding ways each of us can help make things a little better. To many Europeans, some of them may be irrelevant, but for us Americans, we really can be a wasteful bunch. I posted my first hub today and hope to follow up with a few more.

17. profile image0
    tequilarosemama4posted 14 years ago

mother nature has been around for centeries. and i think it should be our duty to look after her and the environment it's self. you never know one day we could all wake up and it would gone. then what would we do? no oxygen, lots of horrid pollution in the air, no food chains and such resources that we take for granted. i feel it is only fair to help take care of mother nature and help give back so we can keep living in a good environment. take care of her and she will keep providing for us.

18. Greg Cremia profile image60
    Greg Cremiaposted 14 years ago

Only a fool lets their abode fall into disrepair.

19. heart4theword profile image60
    heart4thewordposted 14 years ago

No matter how well, we all do our part in taking care of our environment...there are things beyond our control.  We have no control over the stars, the moon, or the mountains moving. 

There is allot more the big corporations can do, to help lessen waste in our environment, than we little people can do. 
    Yet I agree, we all should do our part to take care of what God has entrusted to us. 

If we had control over valcano's, earthquakes and dissasters.  There probably, would still be someone trying to manipulate the world with this kind of control!

20. Yard of nature profile image60
    Yard of natureposted 14 years ago

Mother nature is a forgiving force. But we must be aware of how what we do that affects the world around us. And we must care about even those parts of nature we don't know or use.
    We are so fortunate so many before us have worked to set aside parks, forests, trails, beaches and more for our enjoyment and inner nourishment.
    We are not separate from nature, we are a part of it.

21. Wilhelmina Noir profile image58
    Wilhelmina Noirposted 14 years ago

Heart,
    Government programs have been in place for quite sometime to manipulate control over weather patterns (among the major Superpowers).

I turned my response into a hub.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/natura

1. qwark profile image61

Wilhelmina:
      Pls tell me why you think we need to save mother nature. I'm curioius.
      Don't you think, maybe, the question should be how do we save mankind?
      I think mother nature will be here long after we're gone. :-)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)