somebody please! bonk me in the head!

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (30 posts)
  1. jonathanacosta17 profile image59
    jonathanacosta17posted 14 years ago

embarrassing to admit this but i got duped by an unethical *^@&! lowlife! as of late i've been in an unemployed stupor (long story don't wanna share) i thought i could make a quick buck from them freelance writing jobs. my 'employer' asked for 2 sample written works for supposed evaluation. then he just stopped communicating. found my 'samples' published in a popular site under his own name.
    sombody just please end my misery and shoot my sorry gullible ass.

1. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you have drafts saved proving the work is yours, you can file a complaint and possibly get restitution

2. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

loading firearm now. just hold on.

3. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

feeling your pain smile

4. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Do You Know What BONK means in the Southern Hemisphere? hmm

jonathanacosta17posted 14 years agoin reply to this

yep. i just figured it out now. sorry to all people in the southern hemisphere, you can't BONK my head..

5. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

Seems there are many writing scams out there!

6. The Rope profile image61
    The Ropeposted 14 years ago

hmm  Life's lessons are hard no matter when we learn them.

7. lawretta profile image63
    lawrettaposted 14 years ago

hey sorry about that,
    there are so many of these thieves on GAF.
    once, i wrote 25 articles for an employer who promised to pay every Friday as was his rule, but when it was Thursday he stopped communicating. and by the time i checked my 25 articles were already published.
    i am stronger now and wiser too. don't worry you will get over it.

this is the scammer's id, please beware of them;-

Team regainers; regainers@ymail.com and his website is;
    http://regainers.com

that's even a worse experience than mine. glad you shared that. thanks.

8. jonathanacosta17 profile image59

so cruel. he even got 1st page in google.

9. readytoescape profile image60
    readytoescapeposted 14 years ago

Never send writing samples…..Repeat this to yourself. 

It’s a Mantra …Never send writing samples

Create a portfolio for any perspective “employer” to review posted in a “protected” area.

Gee….Like ….Ummm…..Hub Pages.

<lying under bed, sucking thumb, mumbling>

"never send writing samples...never send writing samples..."

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

jonathan it's okay come out from under there

10. Pearldiver profile image67

So Join the same writing site and shame the party from that position ..... But kick his butt mate smile

11. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Do you still have copies of your writing? I would confront the jerk too *hugs* I am so sorry that you are going through this Jonathan

12. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Jonathan, it's a lesson and you have more within you to produce great material, he doesn't.

13. readytoescape profile image60
    readytoescapeposted 14 years ago

You also should consider working through some guaranteed payment sites. Elance comes to mind. there are a few others. Though there are unscrupulous people there too, many quality jobs and employers are verified, some are prepay, and others have credit card sureties.

14. tantrum profile image59
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

sorry top hear that !! sad

I always keep the handwriting drafts. And also  I publish it in any  writer's site.
    I use ABC Tales and HP, apart from a blog.
    If you have your work or draft ,you should complain. It's very easy to proof it's yours by the publishing date.

15. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I am so sorry that you had to deal with the stupid ppl who like to rip ppl off. And I agree with Deborah!

16. Pearldiver profile image67

Assuming that you emailed your drafts you have evidence of everything you need to do some damage to the offending party; including chronological evidence to support duplicate content claims if you publish on the same site.

17. lawretta profile image63

writers beware of these wicked scamming employers.

18. jonathanacosta17 profile image59

i did think about exposing the unscrupulous pr*ck but i'd rather chalk the incident up and blame it on my stupidity for not taking precautions.   

after sleeping on it, i can laugh about it now. thank you guys for all your support and advice. i really appreciate it.

19. blondepoet profile image66
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

On my way to get him for you

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg240/LaGambler4/Funnies/scooter3.gif

1. waynet profile image68
      waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hahahahahaa.......I've nearly wet myself hahahahahaha imagine that a little hippo on a scooter...hahahahaha!

1. blondepoet profile image66
        blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Haaaa I nearly wet myself too. Musn't disturb a hippo on a mission you know smile smile

2. Jane@CM profile image61
      Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OMG lol lol

Jon, glad you are feeling better after a night of sleep!

20. lawretta profile image63

any other experiences???

21. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

In Ireland 'Bonk' means to have sex with..... smile

22. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

So what do you say when you have to bonk some one? (in the American way?)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)