My Scariest Sleep Paralysis Episode

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (17 posts)
  1. S.Shields profile image61
    S.Shieldsposted 14 years ago

I had a lot of sleep paralysis episodes, where I see black shadows in my room, felt pressure on my face and chest, I also felt a hand press down on my side! But the most scariest episode that I ever had in my life, happened about 3 years ago and i will never forget it!!
    I was really sick, so I decided to go to bed. At night, I always left my computer on so there is a little bit of light in my room. I fell asleep and not to long after i awoke to something holding me up and I could not move. I seen this "figure" right beside me, and I could feel his bony arm underneath my back. He was looking at me but I couldn't see his face, just the glow from the monitor shining off his facial features.. I could see that he had no hair and a skeletal type face! but,I couldn't see his full face because it was dark.
    This thing was trying to kiss me, and I was so scared, so I started to chant out the archangels names to protect me, and I could feel the thing get angry, rose his hand to slap me (he had spidery bony fingers) and just before his hand hit my face. I woke up, still in the same position as he was holding me, drenched in sweat.
    I f**kn freaked and turn on my light, but i could still feel his presence in my room.. it soon left..  man that was so creepy!!

1. SEGREEN profile image59
      SEGREENposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I thought I was the only one... It started over 20 years ago.. and I believe somehow it's my grandfather whom I met when I was 14 years old.   I would also feel the bed shake or become awake by someone calling my name.

Nowadays, the presence is with me more than ever.. It even happened to me when I went to Florida..I was going to take a nap...I barely lay down.. and there it was.. I felt a pressure over me.. I tried to scream.. but I couldn't... all I could do was try to move side to side.  Sometimes I feel as if a feather is being brushed against my lips.. It sounds creepy... but it's real and darn scary..

It's happened to me a lot nowadays.. When I'm laying on the couch or on my bed.. it really scares the heck out of me..

I burn Frankinsence & Myrrh (sp) the real one or the incense sticks.. they seems to work for a while.. but after a month or so.. this darn presence presents itself.  My husband often tells me to sleep on my side.. but it doesn't matter how I lay down.. this thing won't leave me alone.. Sometimes I'm afraid to even go to sleep.

2. Mrvoodoo profile image57
      Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Scary stuff!  Was talking with friends about SP just last night, it's interesting to note that when people do talk about it just how many then claim to have experienced it.

Thankfully I haven't had it in a while, although last time I said that I had an episode later that evening. big_smile

http://hubpages.com/hub/Sleep_Paralysis … _Treatment

2. profile image0
    LEWJposted 14 years ago

Sounds like a series of nonsexual demonic encounters.  Sleep paralysis is often associated with those types of visitations.   Hope you're in better shape nowadays....

3. S.Shields profile image61

ya I haven't had one in a long time

4. profile image0
    LEWJposted 14 years ago

Your fear feeds the spirit's energy and encourages its activity.     It may be difficult to do, but remind yourself over and over that no real harm is being done to you by it's actions; the biggest harm seems to be your fear, which adds stress to your mind and body when you encounter the spirit and even afterward.   Some people tell unwanted entities out loud and respectfully but firmly and repeatedly that they are'nt welcome, that they must leave, and it works.
    Others have them banished by a reputable conjurer.    Still others banish unwanted entities themselves.

5. S.Shields profile image61

My twin sister gets them too, but they alway have to do with water.. she had one and she could here what sounded like waves hitting against a dock. and another time she felt like she was submerged in water and she could feel the water in her ears...

6. donotfear profile image82
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

I relate to this. I had a really freaky encounter several years ago. I was sleeping, my daughter was sleeping on the couch that night. I see and feel a dark entity floating above her in the next room. My fear is paralyzing, knowing in my heart it's real, yet knowing I could do nothing. I began to feel the dark entity moving towards me in my room. I sensed the evil and oppression in the room....I felt fully awake, yet not sure I was asleep. As the force hovered near me, I began to recite the Lords prayer aloud (this always worked in similar dreams). I forced my eyes open...I realized my daughter had come into the room & was standing by my bed.  "I'm scared Mom, I'm sleeping in here with you....."  She evidently saw it too, but I wouldn't acknowledge it or say anything so I wouldn't alarm her.  I lay there with the full knowledge that something from the powers of darkness was trying to opress my daughter and myself. God's word sent it away.  Sometimes if I am dreaming of something sinister, some evil force, I begin to pray in a prayer language to God (tongues) in my sleep.  This ALWAYS combats the powers of darkness. Also, in my sleep, have rebuked bad spirits in the name of Jesus. This creates a protective cloak around my mind & soul as well as covers me with the blood of Jesus.

7. torimari profile image67
    torimariposted 14 years ago

Mmm incubi.

8. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

I've had that experience. I felt totally conscious and a dark figure was over me and I wanted to scream but I couldn't make any noise come out! Horrifying!

9. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I would suggest you all trot off to your GP who will be able to organize some psychotherapy.

10. Mike Lickteig profile image77
    Mike Lickteigposted 14 years ago

Closest I've come to a similar experience was in 1986, and I was in bed asleep.  I felt a pressure on my chest as if someone or something was sitting on it.  The pressure caused me to wake up, but it didn't go away, so I knew it wasn't a dream I'd awoken from.  A few moments later I felt the pressure move from on top of me--as if something slid off my chest.  I never saw anything, though.

11. karmic ties profile image56
    karmic tiesposted 14 years ago

Hands up how many of you have done drugs, they damage your chakras lower your vibration so you will attract not nice company.
    Drugs also increase the chance of sleep paralyses.
    when this happens just focus on a body part, say big toe-relax think about wiggling it and presto! Your physical and non physical bodies re-allign
    (which is what the problem was).

12. profile image49
    Precious100posted 14 years ago

AS MENTIONED BEFORE...DEVILS AND DEMONS ARE REAL! MANY HAVE HAD ENCOUNTERED WITH THIS EVIL SPIRITS. KEEP IN MIND THE SCRIPTURE SAY..FOR GOD HAS NO GIVEN US THE SPIRIT OF FEAR; BUT OF POWER, AND OF LOVE, AND OF A SOUND MIND. 2 CORINTHIANS 1:7 GOD DOESN'T TORMENT US LIKE THIS!

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh shut up, I will go with the generally accepted scientific theory that sleep paralysis is caused by low levels of melatonin. The best cure for sleep paralysis is to simply avoid chronic sleep deprivation, it has worked great for me.

Everybody on this thread, if you still suffer from sleep paralysis, needs to get their ass to bed earlier and have a lay-in when possible. Avoid sleeping on you back. Demons have bugger all to do with it, typical religionists breeding fear.

1. Bovine Currency profile image59
        Bovine Currencyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nice one Ryan.  Some truth tongue

13. rytntyt profile image61
    rytntytposted 14 years ago

When I was about 8 or 9, I awoke to see a dark figure standing in my bedroom doorway.  It practically filled the whole doorway, I couldn't see any facial features, no details atall, just the outline.  All I could do was just stare.  I never saw it move, it just stood there.  Now that I think about it, I never saw it move, I didn't even see it leave, and I didn't put my head under the covers or anything.  Thats weird.
    Anywho, have you tried, protecting yourself with the white protective light? Or cleansing your house/room with sage and salt?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)