Evolution Cures Racism

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (16 posts)
  1. marinealways24 profile image59
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

If everyone believed evolution, would there be no more racism? How could anyone be separatist or racist if everyone believed we came from the same descendents and weren't created separately with one race favored over the other?

1. Hokey profile image59
      Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There are always going to be people who think they are better than others. If its not race it is always something. Sad but true. hmm

marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Racism is  kinda like religion. lol

2. Sab Oh profile image55
      Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is no logical connection between the two. Evolution is a process and racism is a mental weakness that misapplies an ancient survival instinct.

There is too a connection. One of the recruiting tools of separatist groups is that they were created above other races by a God that favored them. If all believed we were descendents of animals, it would take one of their recruitment tools.

1. Sab Oh profile image55

People can believe in evolution and still feel superior. Sorry, but your theory does not hold up.

lol Then what are most of their recruitment tools?

I don't think you know what you are talking about.

White separatist groups often mention that there is a holy war of races in the future to recruit new members. Some believe they are chosen separate by God as the superior race. In evolution, there is no superior race separated by God.

Now you are starting to focus primarily on white supremist group recruiting and the exploitation of religious beliefs. I am not. I pointed out that there is no mutual exclusivity between believing in evolution and being racist.

Many people who believe humans evolved from earlier primates feel quite superior to all other primates. Neandertal also evolved from a common ancestor, but many people take it as a matter of course that homo sapiens were superior. Evolution does not take place uniformly for all populations in all places (obviously, or we would not have identifiable races in the first place) and so there is plenty of room for feeling superior to other humans who evolved from a common ancestor. In terms of religion, one can believe in a 'chosen people' quite independent of the notion of evolution one way or the other.

As I said, your theory does not hold up. Maybe you were just looking for a reason to make some sort of anti-religion statement. That's up to you, but that is not the point at hand.

White separatist are racist aren't they? Many use God don't they? Evolution contradicts religious teachings doesn't it? Evolution contradicts many separatist recruiting tools, "God".  If they believed evolution, they would have 1 less recruiting tool. They would then believe that all were made equal not favored by a God.
                There is no identifiable race. Everyone is mixed.

"White separatist are racist aren't they?"

By definition, they are. I was not talking specifically about white supremicists, despite how much you have tried to turn the discussion that way.

" Many use God don't they?"

I have never attended a meeting, so I wouldn't know but I assume many do and some don't. Religion is not a requirement for being racist.

" Evolution contradicts religious teachings doesn't it?"

Not necessarily, no. I suppose it depends on the specific religion and teachings.

" Evolution contradicts many separatist recruiting tools, "God". "

The concept of evolution does not contradict the concept of God.

Lots of people believe in evolution and still do not believe all peoples are equal.

"There is no identifiable race"

There obviously are. There is no reason that needs to be used for one group to oppress another, but there are 'races' in the common understanding of the term.

2. debugs profile image60
            debugsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree.

3. mintinfo profile image62
      mintinfoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is a logical assumption but most racists who believe in evolution believe that evolution means "evolve". That is "lesser to greater". White racists believe that they are at the top of that evolutionary process.

I'm pretty sure they don't preach they evolved from ape's/homonoids. big_smile

Many use God, God is a great recruiting and marketing tool.

4. Evan G Rogers profile image60
      Evan G Rogersposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm of the understanding that racism is a part of evolution.

Racists, usually stereotyped as whites, would never want to interact, let alone mate, with their racial victim, usually stereotyped as blacks. This sets up a new barrier between races and implements a bit of isolation (even if the two live right next door), and thus helps lead to speciation.

Racism might actually account for some of the bouts of rapid evolution found in the fossil records. Perhaps humans are not the only racist species out there!

*I do not condone racism - it's quite stupid and counter productive - but perhaps it exists for a reason, and that reason might have an evolutionary explanation*

2. Bill Manning profile image70
    Bill Manningposted 14 years ago

To me racism is just not wanting to be around a different race than your own. In THAT light we all practice racism. There can even be class racism within a race.

We all like to hang out with people like ourselves, that's just natural. So to me passive racism, the act of simply wanting to be with your own class and type of people, is fine.

Everyone does that, and if you think otherwise your a fool. Now outright hate for a race or type of people is a different kind of racism.

If you believe in evolution or not has nothing to do with that. People like to be with their own, simple as that. smile

3. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

I don't like mean people whatever color they are!smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)