The baby

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (32 posts)
  1. Bigcountry12577 profile image60
    Bigcountry12577posted 14 years ago

Late one night two folks met at the club, the mood was right and the drinks were good they thought they would go back to his place. As the night went on they started to play. One month later there was a baby on the way. She didn't know his number or even his name that one night of pleasure made a baby in vain. Now she's scared and doesn't know what to do. The doctor said I know what to do. Yall know the END.
    Poor little kid didn't have a chance.

2. Bigcountry12577 profile image60
    Bigcountry12577posted 14 years ago

This is under the heading of human rights, when do our rights begin?

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

At conception.

Bigcountry12577posted 14 years agoin reply to this

why then don't people see that as the truth?

3. goldenpath profile image67
    goldenpathposted 14 years ago

It started off sounding like a joke.  However, reality set in at the end.  It's true, though, when we abort we are stripping a child of their agency to live and learn in their appointed time in life.  However, all shall not be lost.  Even they, shall come forth in the mornings of the First Resurrection of the dead, and shall grow and develop to the measure of their spirit.  They will grow without temptation and with knowledge and wisdom greater than that of even the most admirable of current intellect.

Amen, and may God bless their little souls.

4. profile image0
    Kenrick Chatmanposted 14 years ago

Use protection next time. She may need to check herself for STDs.

5. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Well, depending on what State you live in. Not every State has a statue on fetus/child defined.

Many advocate groups have tried to get a law passed saying that life begins at fertilization/conception. This would kill the practice of abortions, should life be defined at that point. It would have other foreseen consequences, for which, is why it hasn't been passed or the government won't do it.

When does your rights begin? Well, technically, it would be at birth. But, the "life defining" issue makes that a cloudy issue, simply because of so many advocate groups arguing for child protection even in the womb. The opposition against abortion.

This is lead by the Religious Leaders influence and manipulation.

That's my take on it. hmm

How do you feel about the child at any age? It knows nothing but is trying to live and grow. It didn't ask to be brought in to the womb or world and just like it didn't ask to be brought in it's being taken out. All because of to people in heat. I cannot rap my feeble mind around that.

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

First off, let's separate the myth of the argument, okay. The facts are- a life is only defined by Science(Medical), Government and Laws.

Your individual rights as a person, when YOU were born, were probably at birth, depending on "when" you were born.
        This is nothing but emotion talking. There cannot be one thing you said, worth the value of the individual right of life. And, NO I am not talking about the right of life of the child, but of the mother.

The mother/woman if should be forced to carry through, both lives, the mother and child, have a probability of success of less than 5%, to be happy and remain a family. Again, that is if forced to do so. Against her own rights/choice.

I'm not diminishing the value of the a new-born child, but putting it in the perspective that should the child be born, it could ruin two lives, instead of one.

Where is the greater good? The greater good is for the mother to do what SHE sees fit is the best course of action. Will she be happy? Will she having kids someday? Does she want to keep it?

There are too many unanswered questions to be more precise. But, the destructive impact should be lessened as much as possible.

Just my thoughts. smile

If someone makes the choice to have sex and then is bit by that old  trouser worm and conceives a child why are they given a get out of jail free card for the deed that was done? Wouldn't it be better to carry the child as long as their health is not in jeopardy and give the child up for adoption? You know their is a chance that the woman might over time fall in love with the child she is caring.

Why are you getting into invading someone's right of choice? Who are you?

Abortion is a medical procedure, offered by the medical establishment. Your fight is with them, leave the damn woman alone.
            Please, the adoption agencies already have enough problems. Most foster kids turn out street thugs(pimps or drug dealers) or maintain criminal activity often.

Whoever sold the "people" on adoption as a good thing? Doesn't stop to encompass every detail.

There has always been a "bond" created between the mother and child. This is known, hence for abortions to be done as early as possible. For the emotional stability of the mother. The attachment comes when the first kick comes or punch of the hand. That is when it becomes the most real for the mother. Some can feel it growing, depending on how in-tune they are with their body.

Again, just my thoughts. smile

6. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

Because they're self-involved.

7. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I believe that life begins at conception.

I believe that life begins at conception I mean it's alive and moving ain't it.

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i do also.

Hey Cosette...

Do you have kids?

I only ask, because you said you see it at conception.

So, Is your child's birthday, the date they were conceived or is it the actually date of birth?

I'm asking for this reason- If life begins at conception, then your children are 9 months older than they are presently.

Not to mention, all the rights due a child? Therefore, abortion should be illegal and the individual right of choice be stripped from every woman. At conception, you no longer have a right to choose the course of life, it is then dictated.

1. SparklingJewel profile image66
          SparklingJewelposted 14 years agoin reply to this

there are three general scenarios to consider before conception that would make this a none issue

look into your own conscience to truly deeply decide the rights of another soul to have a life (involves your faith and understandings of the soul, and your self centered or not attitude)

use birth control

learn to make better decisions about when to have sex and who to have sex with

2. profile image0

sorry, didn't see this before.

really?

yikes omg haha big_smile

well all i have to say is that caterpillars are alive in the chrysallis before they are born as butterflies. just because we don't send out "Happy Conception" cards doesn't negate the life growing inside of us.

sorry i can't debate this more but i only stopped in for a minute. thanks...

8. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Potential mothers should be more responsible! I know high school students who have had as many as FOUR abortions before they graduate. Abortion should never be used as a form of birth control. I mean, how hard is it to get on the pill or to use a condom? You can get both free at any county health department in the US. The result of not using it is an unwanted pregnancy, and the child is the one who has to do the paying for the mother's (and father's) mistake.

This tells you "What"? It tells me that BAD parenting is the cause for the effects.
      Any moron dumb enough to use abortion as birth control seriously needs to have their psyche checked.
      Didn't you know ignorance is passed on generation to generation.
      Both people in this case are foolish, because neither one of them thought about their actions and it's what happens when sexual drives are not kept in check. Stupid moves like this one occur, because proper moral standards were not passed down from parent to child.

Pretty much sums that up. smile

9. profile image59
    logic,commonsenseposted 14 years ago

Something to consider as well.  Babies are being delivered earlier and earlier.  When is it abortion and when is it murder?  After all if we kill another human being it is murder is it not?
    Life begins at conception I believe everyone can admit to that.  Most are just arguing about when the rights of a person begin.
    If someone chooses abortion, how can we stop them?  They will do it whether it is legal or not.  How about we work on convincing people not to get into the position where they have to make that choice, if they do not wish to become parents.

Do you remember the feller that is or was on trial for killing the abortion doctor at church? His defense was a good one he stated that he killed the doctor to protect the children and for no other reason. It sounded pretty good to me the doctor preformed his practice for money while the man on trial preformed his out of love for the children.

2. blondepoet profile image70
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Really well said Logic.

10. TLMinut profile image60
    TLMinutposted 14 years ago

It's difficult to see how it's considered anything but murder. However, I know and have known enough children who do nothing but suffer because of the parents they were born to; what if it's merciful to the child? Some people would have been much better off if never born, problem is we don't know what they would choose if they could look back over their life and retroactively make the decision.

I think abortion should be illegal but I still wish some babies weren't born. If they are to be 'safely dead' it should be like euthanasia, painless instead of like the methods currently used.

11. TLMinut profile image60
    TLMinutposted 14 years ago

Cagsil, committing murder isn't a right in our country anyway, no "rights" have been stripped from women.

And the birthday thing, that's often a problem with preemies. Also, many people tell their children they were with them on vacation (or wherever) because they were "there in mommy's tummy".

Excuse me? I didn't say murder was a right.

We are talking human rights? and the baby.

The individual right of choice and right of life is to remain with the mother, during a pregnancy. Abortion in America is legal.

The right of choice and right of life is hers. She isn't to mall the decision over, so as to get attached, as I said before.

I'm not sure why you've included me in your discussion/opinion/statement. I can see you're not American, simply by your statement.
      This is interesting and I'll leave it at that.

12. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Cags, I certainly respect your views, but you speak of pregnancy as if you've experienced it, which you haven't - unless there's a lot we don't know about you.

I fell in love with my children long before I felt the first kick or the first punch, and all three of my daughters agree with me.

1. profile image0

[/b]

hear hear! i cherished my son even when he was in my womb and no bigger than the period at the end of this sentence...

13. IsadoraPandora profile image78
    IsadoraPandoraposted 14 years ago

The nicest way I can say it is ...

I am glad my mother was "pro life" and decided against abortion- aren't you glad yours was as well?

If your mom had been "pro choice" you probably wouldn't be here today.

Well I am not always nice so ...

Abortion is murder, murder of the worst kind. A tiny baby cannot in any way defend itself nor can that child speak up and say "I want to live".

I suppose it is easier to murder a faceless, voiceless being.

And honestly, if you're not ready for a baby, you should keep your dang legs closed. Sex is NOT something you HAVE to have.

I feel terrible for a person that was raped and got pregnant but why make another innocent suffer? A child, even one conceived of rape, does have the right to live.

Do not torture your children(abortion is TORTURE- being sucked out in bits and pieces from the womb must be agonizing to the child).

Simple as that.

14. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

Is heartless as this sounds I think the concept of abortion is not about when life begins, but about the future of teh child and the choice of the parents.

A condom is murder just as much as an abortion, but that doesn't mean the best thing to do is go unprotected.

Sometimes the most morale of ideals just doesn't work.

1. profile image0
      Kenrick Chatmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How is using a condom murder?

Having unprotected sex with people you do not even know well (i.e. one night stands) can lead to STDs and potential death at a later stage in life if for instance you catch HIV that lead to full blown AIDS.

Ideally, you would want people to have unprotected sex when they get married or with a significant other after blood testing (if they remain faithful to each other).

Unfortunately, unprotected sex will continue and unwanted pregnancies will continue as well.

There are tons of sick people out there. I have read several stories over the years of individuals infected with HIV or AIDS intentionally having unprotected sex with as many people possible.

Here is an article below of a man who did this in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area.

"More women testify against Frisco man who infected partners with HIV"

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent … 801a8.html

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)