Ladies...what would you tell your man?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (32 posts)
  1. srwnson profile image60
    srwnsonposted 14 years ago

Recently, a friend of mine was considering a hair transplant procedure, costly, but he has the money to spend.

He is prematurely balding and his wife is very attractive. He worries that his wife will wander.

I told him he was already married not to worry, but if it bothered him that much he should consider investing in a toupe'. Since he owns a major advertising agency in New Orleans, I doubt his wife would go far.

What would you say?

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i knew a guy at work who had that done. he said it was very painful and you could see the roots...he looked like a doll. he had to wear a baseball cap to work and everyone knew what was going on.

if his wife is the type to cheat, she will do it whether he is bald or not. he shouldn't get a hairpiece. he would be so restricted, and would have to worry about doing any outdoor activity or get all stressed on windy days. my recommendation is to go to a good salon and get a really good, short haircut and gradually go shorter and shorter until he is bald like Bruce Willis. doing it right away would probably be too big of a shock for him (and her).

2. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 14 years ago

If he believes that he needs artificial hair to stop his wife from playing away, then either he's very insecure or she's very shallow.

srwnsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually, in high school he dated the best. Cheerleaders...etc. I think he's suffering a mid-life crisis, its common for men.

3. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

Bald is sexy unless you have that hair ring thing going on, lol

Tell him to shave the whole of it and see what she thinks.

4. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Why don't he asks her what she thinks ?

Maybe she would loath his hair transplant !

1. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I know I would.  They don't call them "rugs" for nothing...

1. tantrum profile image61
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

5. srwnson profile image60

Why do woman have breast implants? Why do ads on TV for hair replacement so popular.

You see ladies, the ID is common for men as it is for woman.

We want to look young, we want to fit in with the younger crowd. Age is something to put off.

1. profile image0

Until it eventually comes back to bite you on the arse.  (Have you seen some of the pics of celebs who've had "work done"?  Courtney Love springs immediately to mind but there are loads of others.)

As a matter of fact Empress, men can't tell as well as women when another woman has had work done. At least I can't. My girl is always saying "Those aren't real"

Go figure.

6. profile image0

A hair transplant or rug is not the way to go. Seriously, look at Jason Statham he is hot with his shaved head, Yul Brynner made his head a trademark look, hair has nothing anymore with looking young. Lots of the younger set shave their heads early on and seem to have no problem.

7. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

There have been some seriously sexy bald men. Yul Brynner, that guy with lollipop tongue lol Vince Diesel, Jason Statham, Arnold Vosloo (The Mummy villain) Ben Kingsley, Tim Oliphant (The Hitman), and they are in the public eye! Hollywood. wink I think it's all in dressing oneself to pull the look off altogether. smile

That guy with the lollipop?

8. profile image0

Telly Savalis{not sure of the spelling} from Kojak days.

It goes back to the Lions mane.  The female lion is attracted to the male lion with the fullest mane.

1. profile image0

OK, so where does that leave these guys then?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5d/IW_SGC_Classicalcats_Valentino.jpg

It's always a bit dodgy to base human behaviour on the animal kingdom LOL.

I'll be sure and show this picture to Rick...that should decide for him.

Thanks

1. profile image0

Show him the rest of the thread as well, to give him some context...

2. Dame Scribe profile image56
      Dame Scribeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, that's the guy smile thank you!

9. profile image0

Well, experience speaks for itself if you or he is that vain. I don't see hair as a function of attraction.  Now teeth on the other hand are an entirely different story.

Not I lynne I have a full head of hair though you can't see it in my photo.

As a matter of fact I had to shave my head at one time I was in the Peace Corp before I went on the road, and several of us were sent to western Somalia to build a fresh water resevoir. Ethnic cleansing had poisned most of the local water supplies and we went over to build the resevoir for the Uninted Way to bring water from the mountains to the villages.

We shaved our heads and had our initials tattoed on our bodies for identification purposes in case we were killed.

2. profile image0

i concur!

i am not picky by any means, but a nice smile is very important.

10. srwnson profile image60

A nice smile and no hair.

1. profile image0

sounds fine to me.

the opposite - a head of gorgeous hair but horrible dental problems, hmm, i would prefer a bald guy, no contest!

11. blondepoet profile image66
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

The most important thing is he feels good himself first. The same goes with breast implants and other surgeries, never do it for some-one else, if it makes you feel good and it is what you want, then the decision is yours.

12. profile image0

I lived with a very vain person until she got married and moved on with her life. My sister is the full blown will not go out of the house without being dressed to the tee, hair and make up in place. If there is a smudge she will redo the make up if her hair isn't perfect, rewash and redo, it drove me a little nuts.

So yeah a nice smile and no hair works for me. I just don't see it as being the end all to be all in the state of remaining young. I am just shy of 50 and my body keeps trying to remind me but my father was one of those and still is that even though he is approaching 80 you would think he was in his 50's. I learned from him that you are only as young as you let yourself feel.

You have to take each day and view it with a little bit of the wonder of a child to enjoy it to its fullest. Learn new things everyday, play in the dirt even if it is just to get your toes muddy, walk barefoot on a sandy beach and by all means not worry about age and how you look. As long as you are happy on the inside, you will look wonderful even in a ratty pair of sweats.

13. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

amen sister! big_smile

i went out yesterday in jeans, combatish boots and an ASU sweatshirt and no makeup except lipstick and didn't even comb my hair and i'm still on my game, heh. beauty is all in how you feel about yourself, no doubt.

14. profile image0
    pinkyleeposted 14 years ago

hair is the last thing anyone should worry about ... its stupid how much money people put into getting their hair done because of trying to keep up with styles and trends and such

when you see me i will most likely be in jeans and a t unless i am at home where i dont get "dressed" at all its sweats and t's for me, i almost never do my make up, i have never gone to have my hair done other than the rare cut or trim and my hair style has been the same for many years now, i dye my hair myself from time to time because i like to, but not to keep up with styles and trends, vanity should be a deadly sin, someone wants to come over i dont rush around freaking out about how i look like so many people i know... my best friend being one of them. mama taught me well and call me sloppy but i am a better person for not stressing out about how i look rather i stress about how well i entertain and how much i care about people in general.

i love me for the fact that i do care with my heart and not my looks. i think people spend to much time thinking about themselves and not enough time really getting to know the real person behind the makeup and hair... as far as this friend of yours goes seems to me there are trust issues in the fcat that if they are truly in love and happy he would never have to worry about her running off.

15. Colebabie profile image59
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Do it for himself not for her. A woman who strays because her guy is losing hair is not worth to have to begin with. He should use rogaine foam though. Should've started when he first noticed thinning. But if he wants to get a hair transplant for him, then go for it.

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nice to see you CB smile Been busy?

1. Colebabie profile image59
        Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You have no idea! Graduating at the beginning of May. Interviewing for jobs and still crossing my fingers for grad school. Just got a new car. Looking for a new apartment. Two exams next week... Ugh! So much going on! smile How are you doing??

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)