Ezine Articles Link to a hub?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (24 posts)
  1. profile image0
    JeanMeriamposted 14 years ago

I can't get it to work. I can link to my profile in the sig box, but the link to my I hub I put within the body article will not work. It changes the url I put in to http://hubpages.com/hub/&*%^%%$  or whatever the symbols are. It is then directed to a page that says Sorry that Hub does not exist.

After 5 tries at this I'm getting frustrated. How do I fix it?

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
      Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Never happened to me, then again I don't place links to my hubs in the body and put them in the resource box where they should be. Also if I face a problem like this, I directly contact ezine articles by using the contact link on my member page.

1. profile image0
        JeanMeriamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, it says you can use links in the body if it adds to the article, which it does. If it doesn’t work then I will place it in the resource box and remove the one I have there.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It says very clearly in the EzineArticles terms of service that you're not allowed to put your links in the body of the article.

1. profile image0

Are you sure? I’m confused then. I copied this from the editorial guidelines. It sure sounds like you can link in the body of the article.

"We do not allow articles which have strategic keyword anchor text links in the body to your domain that do not add informational value to the article. Any use of anchored text links to websites that you own should add value to the article topic rather than stand out as an obvious abuse of anchored text link. The goal with this policy is to be a good net citizen by only allowing articles that add value with the anchored text links rather than for pure SEO reasons. Please limit your anchor text link length to 3 words in an article that is less than 400 words and 5 words in anchor text if your article is more than 400 words."

1. Marisa Wright profile image86

Hmm, that's interesting. It's so long since I wrote an article there, I'm either "misremembering" or it's changed. 

I would probably have written more articles if I'd known I could put a link in the body of the article - one of the things that annoys me about that site is the way people use the article then "forget" to include the resource box.

1. profile image0

Yes, I have seen that a lot. I did a search for something once and it was the same article on every page I came across and very few had an author name on the article.

2. agvulpes profile image86
          agvulpesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I dont use that site but just reading your TOS says the anchor text should not be more than a certain length . Check it out!

1. agvulpes profile image86
            agvulpesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

btw, You should have a short url in your hub summary you can use!

1. profile image0

Maybe that's the issue. Too late for the last article, but I will try again with a different one.

3. Marisa Wright profile image86

I just checked the Guidelines and the paragraph I quoted is in the same section as the para you quoted above, so it is strange. There's another sentence which says:

"If you put both of the active self serving links that we allow in the body of your article, we will reject it."

...which implies that you can put one link in the body and one in the resource box. 

I'll be interested to see what happens with the ones I updated.  It is a human editorial process, so perhaps there's a degree of discretion if the link is truly useful.

2. MyWebs profile image79
    MyWebsposted 14 years ago

I know what your problem is, URL encoding, but I'm just not sure how to fix it.

Could you please post the hub URL you are trying to link to and the end result from the ezine?

1. profile image0
      1. MyWebs profile image79
        MyWebsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The Hub URL your trying to link to doesn't have anything in it that would need to be URL encoded, like a space.

It looks like the Ezine is adding in some CSS code to the link, that span style= bit is the problem.

You will have to do what Ultimate Hubber suggested and either contact them or just put the link in the resource box. Your doing nothing wrong here and its out of your control. Unless you added in the CSS code into the ezine, if so fix that part.

3. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

You should only be putting links in the resource box anyway :p

1. profile image0

It was worth a shot anyway. Have to experiment.

My link is now tucked nicely into the resource box where it belongs.

4. profile image0
    Tilecleaninghubposted 14 years ago

I have had this problem and it looks like link is all wrong.  I just submitted article as is and someone fixed it when it was approved.

1. profile image0

So they did allow you to link in the body of the article?

5. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

I think you can include links in the body, but they are converted to no-follow.

6. Susana S profile image91
    Susana Sposted 14 years ago

You can post two links in your author bio at the end, but you need to format them in html like this:

<a href="http://hubpages.com/hub/Adult-ADHD-and-ADD-Symptoms-and-Signs">Adult ADHD and ADD Symptoms</a>

You can only have a maximum of 5 words in the anchor text.

Hope that helps smile

7. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

Update - I just went back to Ezinearticles,thinking I'd update my articles to include some links in the body of the articles.

I did that and resubmitted them, but now I'm thinking they will get rejected - because I found this in their editorial guidelines:

"# Maximum of (2) "Self-Serving" active or inactive links/URLs to a website that you own, control, or have an interest in.
    # Maximum of (2) active or inactive non-self serving links/URLs to a website that you do not own, control, or have an interest in which adds value to the article.
    # Confine your self-serving links to your RESOURCE BOX."

So you see, you can have 2 links in the body of the article, but only to websites you're not connected with.

1. profile image0

That doesn't make sense. The first rule and the last rule contradict each other.
      And it's different from the wording I found and pasted here. Maybe they need to be emailed and asked directly what they will and will not allow as there are contradictory rules all over the place there.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86

Jean, I looked it up because there was a "tip" on the page when I had finished editing, reminding me that "self-serving" links within the text wouldn't be allowed.  So there's a second confirmation.

The points don't contradict each other, although they could have expressed it more simply.  Summarised, they're saying:

1.  Only 2 links to your own sites in the whole article, which includes the body and the resource box.

2.  Only 2 links to other sites ditto.

3.  The links referred to in (1) must be in the resource box and nowhere else.

1. profile image0

That does make more sense the way you worded it. You should offer to reword all their TOS so it makes sense.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)