White House Prevents Coverage Of Gay Protest

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (50 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 14 years ago

Yes, Obama PROMISED to be different! He promised TRANSPARENCY! I guess he only wants transparency of praise like when he won the Nobel Peace Prize. Criticism is NOT to be tolerated, especially when it's concerning Obama's broken promises.
    This is a taste of the communication control that's coming under Net Neutrality and a revival of the "fairness" doctrine!

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/ … ml?showall

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Barack Obama is very careful and very crafty about protecting his image, and he also takes subtle little shots here and there at his detractors, which puts me off more than a little. he is overly concerned with his image, which tells me he has an ego the size of Montana.

i don't visit the blogosphere very often and i wasn't aware of this, so thanks for the info.

1. profile image0
        Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Obama in my opinion is a narcissist. He is in constant campaign mode. Everything he does, everything he says, even the legislation he passes, timed and carefully crafted for maximum effect at the polls. He is using the new media like no other before him. I get multiple e-mails from his political wing OFA, every day! It's an electronic community organizer and propaganda machine, and it is off-putting. It doesn't seem very "presidential" and when Obama goes off script he's like a baptist preacher.

1. SparklingJewel profile image66
          SparklingJewelposted 14 years agoin reply to this
          1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
            Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He is a politician...no more narcassistic than any other.

...and that's ok !??? sad

even the articles on Bush's narcissism weren't as good as the ones on Obama

really,....it's ok to have heads of nations with these tendencies and in your face manifestations ....?

I don't think so. Change is needed...and it ain't what we have now... sad

2. profile image0

aye, so true.

i heard a rumor that even the 'Obama girl' turned against him wink

makes me wonder though how many votes she helped get for him with her "I've got a crush on Obamaaaaaaa....."
            http://i42.tinypic.com/o73bd3.jpg<---(wee queasy face)

if he's the "gettingest done President ever", what's taking so long to end DADT anyway?

2. livelonger profile image86
      livelongerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm glad that you're for the repeal of DADT, for net neutrality, and against the fairness doctrine. We have more in common than I thought!

1. profile image0

Yeah and I HATE the Patriot Act and any attempt to pass a national ID will really get me angry!

1. livelonger profile image86

We agree on even more! Who says there's no common ground between right and left? wink

3. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Did you see the update on this blog:

"U.S. Parks Police spokesman David Schlosser tells POLITICO his service erred in pushing the reporters back, and stressed that the White House played no role in the move."

Now I'm sure some will spin this as David Schlosser being pressurised to take the blame of course...

1. profile image0

I don't want to spin anything, I just want the facts. Protests there aren't new to the park police, they are regular events, but pushing the press back was unprecedented. Do you want us to believe after years of following one policy the Park Police on this occasion decided to do something different all on their own? Call it spin if you like but it's a legitimate question, don't ya think?

1. SimeyC profile image88

I guess it's all part of the 'conspiracy' era we live in. George Bush went through the same with many of the things he did.

I've only been in the US 13 years, but I noticed the same thing going on in the UK - it seems that within the last ten years or so, everything the president does (be he Obama, Clinton, Bush etc.) is put under a microscope - how did we suddenly come to this - is it that people are taking more interest, or are we all being manipulated?

There seems to be no middle ground - you're either for or against the President - I try and be objective, I have no allegiance to Republicans or Democrats.

To quote you "I just want the facts" - neither the Republicans or the Democrates are giving us the facts (or at least all of them!) - nor are the multitude of splinter groups, tea parties, anti-tea parties etc!

...the age old quandry...facts...what are they? some facts are not as factual as other facts...depends on who you talk to...

i.e.   I know I did not evolve from a monkey...how about you!?big_smile

Exactly - and the same quote applies....

The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding.  ~Louis D. Brandeis

(as for the monkey - if you had asked my mother (RIP) she would say I did - you have to see the way my father and I walk - arms swinging  - very monkey like!)

2. profile image0

If we had a REAL press we'd get the facts. The breakdown in the system is the lack of real reporting. Too much of the media have become a mouth piece or a promoter of their political leanings. It's the job of the press to question to investigate and to report the facts, not spin them and I think that is what's missing now.

Exactly! I just found a brilliant quote that can be applied to the press:

The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding.  ~Louis D. Brandeis

2. livelonger profile image86

I find myself agreeing with you more and more.

I'm not sure why people are preferring partisan spin more and more over "just the facts" reporting of decades gone by. The only thing I can think of is that there's so much more to digest nowadays, so you need someone else to distill it for you. People end up turning to those people who they think will distill it the way they would.

3. SparklingJewel profile image66

media is definitely a tool of the "manipulators" of the masses...we have to get smarter, stay smarter, and not let them run and ruin our thoughts and higher intuitions on answers to the problems that they inflict upon us...

peace be still and know that I AM of God...and Buddha's "OMMMMM" smile

4. profile image0
      Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2754/4460732648_6d2f08d0f4_o.jpg

1. profile image0

LOL! Oh that's funny!!

1. Padrino profile image60
          Padrinoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Democrats and definitions, no place but D.C.!

1. profile image0

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."

Bill Clinton

1. Padrino profile image60
              Padrinoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Didn't "Slick Willie" claim to be the first black President?

1. profile image0

LOL! I don't know but when I read that quote I can't help but laugh!

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I think if I ever saw a positive post by you I'd have a stroke.
    If I wanted a regurgitation of what the blogs are saying every morning I'd read them myself.

1. profile image0

Great now I can never make a positive post, I couldn't live with the guilt if anything happened to you!

3. SparklingJewel profile image66
    SparklingJewelposted 14 years ago

like the old song says..."breaking (waking) up is hard to do..."  smile

I seriously am finding it hard to believe that the left is so dead asleep...there isn't a day that goes by that the truth is flayed before their eyes about Constitutional abuses and lies...

but then again, we have to be honest with our selves, speaking for myself anyway...I remember how long it took me to wake up to Bush's puppet show, I guess it will take just as long, heaven forbid, for the left to wake up to Obama's puppet show sad

1. profile image0

Power corrupts, absolutely! The left is blind to the abuse because they are drunk with power, and that is all they care about. For my money, things will never get better in this country until we enact term limits, one term for senators three terms for representatives. There, fixed it!

I think it is also very important to remember that as long as a side can keep the other off the important core issues in discourse, (i.e. racism...for instance being used to pull attention away from the things that are happening behind the scenes).

Keeping on point is a challenge just following meandering mind twists on issues...a lot I think is not intentional...I know I get caught up in it, too sometimes.

For me, main point is Constitution and how far afield the government is going from it, and the need to get back to it. and for that it takes everyone to look genuinely at themselves and at the Constitution and our history. But, even more importantly, to look to our hearts and a higher conscience. and remember that there is an elite that manipulate all things (evil if you will)and the need to continually expose that, whether it is acknowledged or not.

4. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

LOL UW is sooo funny at times. big_smile

5. livelonger profile image86
    livelongerposted 14 years ago

Ah, the right-wing echo chamber on HubPages...

Let's see if Obama actually ends DADT, and if the GOP puts up another senseless defense of bigoted, unConstitutional policy. My money's on both.

6. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

poppa, you try so hard.. all of these threads hmm

1. profile image0

I'm not sure what you mean Becca, I'm just sharing my views which I think is more important now then ever before. America is on the verge of a fundamental transformation that might just end our economic dominance and leadership in the world as well as our governance.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If he ever finds a job..........

1. profile image0

LOL! I have a job but it's boring!

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
          Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lobbyist for the ACLU?

1. profile image0

Oh yeah! I would really like to work for the organization that wants to protect the man-boy love association!

1. profile image0

they supposedly were defending 'free speech' or something, but i couldn't in good conscience defend an organization like that in any capacity. there comes a time when we have to make some things black&white with no gray areas, especially in the defense of children.

7. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Your economic dominance ended a long time ago.

1. Sab Oh profile image56
      Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hardly.

8. livelonger profile image86
    livelongerposted 14 years ago

Diagnoses of any mental disorders you think he might have is kind of immaterial. He gets things done.

9. SparklingJewel profile image66
    SparklingJewelposted 14 years ago

way to go guys!...now you've got the only answer...the "little" people against the elites that manipulate and incite you against each other...

1. livelonger profile image86

How's that "natural law" thing working out for you, SJ?

10. MikeNV profile image68
    MikeNVposted 14 years ago

"I think if I ever saw a positive post by you I'd have a stroke.
    If I wanted a regurgitation of what the blogs are saying every morning I'd read them myself."

Why is someone from Canada so critical of US Citizens commenting on the Government under which they live?

Your opinions about Politics should probably be those which criticize or support Canadian Politicians.

1. profile image0

LOL! She added the part about the blog much later than her original post. I guess it takes a lefty a while to come back with a clever response.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

30 seconds is much later? I was going to post another reply so added to it.

I think I have as much right as anyone to comment. I'm just giving a perspective from the outside...

11. Doug Hughes profile image60
    Doug Hughesposted 14 years ago

If I had a buck for every wingnut post based on a false premise.... Where do you get that the White House had anything to do with how the protesters were handled?

There is NOTHING to indicate the handling of the protesters outside the WH was directed by anyone inside the WH. The decision was made buy some cop not to make a media circus of uncufffing and (presumably) charging the protesters.

What's ridiculous about the post and comments is how you want to spin this into a conspiracy - and with not one iota of evidence. If I was the  WH press secretaty, I would WANT the protest to get coverage, because it shows that the administation's recent moves to legitimize the status of gays is not satisfactory to militant gays, which supports what progressives know well and wingnuts don't want you to consider. The president is a MODERATE!

1. Sab Oh profile image56
      Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"The president is a MODERATE!"

LOL! Funny stuff!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)