New Idea for an American Political Revolution: Masse Voter Protest by not Voting

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Misfit Chick profile image74
    Misfit Chickposted 6 years ago

New Idea for an American Political Revolution: Masse Voter Protest by not Voting for Either Party.

What if we filled Congress & POTUS during the next big election with people not running under the GOP or Democrat party? (It could be a one-time protest, not necessarily a new way for us to vote.) What if we elected a BUNCH of passionate oddballs like Trump into offices that maintain this country? At the very least, even if we did not succeed but came close - I think GOP & Dems might start thinking twice about how/why they do the things they do, and for whom. What do you think? Would it have any affect, at all? Do you think enough people would even join in the protest to make a difference?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13573937_f260.jpg

2. lions44 profile image95
    lions44posted 6 years ago

1. We already kind of have that w/Trump. How's that working out?  People not within a party (or those who use parties for their runs like Trump) tend to be incompetent  We can't afford that.  This is the U.S., not Luxembourg. 

2. As one who has worked inside government, it's not the place for oddballs and outliers.  Whether Federal, state or city, the work is incredibly complex.  You have to be mature, professional and dedicated. Plus, have some knowledge of how government works.  Anger only takes you so far.  If you can't read a balance sheet or file taxes, don't run for office.

Misfit Chickposted 6 years agoin reply to this

The idea comes from Trump & Obama. BO was the original oddball (they can be educated, not brainwashed) then we got Trump via hysteria - & still no bipartisanship. This protest might get a point across if promoted right, don't you think?

2. lions44 profile image95
      lions44posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Would never think of BO as oddball (outlier, maybe) but Dem mainstream. I voted Romney-McCain.   
      Protest vote would go too far and we're stuck w/crazy. The U.S. is too important for that. Many Americans don't realize our place in the world.

3. Alternative Prime profile image56
      Alternative Primeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

AMEN CJ ~ Here's a FEW IMPORTANT REASONs WHY I VOTE Prog. Democratic ~ Democrats R FIGHTING 4 Universal Health-Care, 2 ENHANCE Social Security & Medicare, 2 FUND Medicaid, 2 offer FREE College etc ~ Donald & CONservatives OPPRESS Americans

4. Misfit Chick profile image74

Obama didn't end an oddball but was voted in as 1 over Hillary cuz we wanted 'change' remember? He was inexperienced & meant to buck the system, be an educated Trump LoL! Just cuz GOP chose someone like T doesnt mean they would all be like that.

5. bradmasterOCcal profile image49
      bradmasterOCcalposted 6 years agoin reply to this

CJ
      Gov Work is NOT complex? I worked a lot of defense projs mostly as a consultant. I know a lot about these workers. I also worked in the private sector so I know the contrast.

I also bid on some gov contracts and I know how slimy is that process

6. jackclee lm profile image80
      jackclee lmposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Cj, it is thinking like yours that allows our government to be treated special and ineffective...
      Government is a business like any other business. It needs to be accountable to its customers - the people. When it gets so conplicated to be run effici

7. The0NatureBoy profile image55
      The0NatureBoyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

JL, Government is not a business, as https://hubpages.com/politics/The-U-S-C … ons-Spirit shows, it is a contract between the governed and governors where we are supposed to eliminate anyone in government who breaches that contract.

8. jackclee lm profile image80

It is a business in the sense that it serves at the pleasure of its customers. The people pay through their taxes for services provided by the government. If the government cannot deliver, they are voted out. The problem arises when govt knows best..

9. The0NatureBoy profile image55

Our taxes are to ensure the 6 conditions the Preamble intended accomplished are, we determines what we want and taxes to the governors are to assist our obtaining them. No way is the US' government supposed to be a business.

3. jackclee lm profile image80
    jackclee lmposted 6 years ago

A better idea would be to vote out the current members of either party. That is voting for the opposition of the incumbent. This is a self imposed "term limits" on members of Congress. Let them know in no uncertain terms, they are there to serve the people who voted. It is not a lifetime career. They have a limited time to make a difference.

Well, I think its kind of hard to vote out an incumbent and vote in a member of the same party at the same time - plus, I don't think that would send the message we want, either. If the parties actually felt threatened, they MIGHT change.

2. The0NatureBoy profile image55

JL, they are supposed to know they are our trustees and we can force time limits on them if we band together and DEMAND it constitutionally.

4. The0NatureBoy profile image55
    The0NatureBoyposted 6 years ago

As I understand the U.S. Constitution's reading, see https://hubpages.com/politics/The-U-S-C … ns-Spirit, it is unconstitutional to have, not to mention vote, parties. The political Revolution needed is for We The People do what it DEMANDS we do and impeach everyone elected as a party member, how can they "protect the constitution" when they are not even elected constitutionally. What needs to be done is to pass that partial interpretation of the constitution around to everyone you know wants change and have then impeach the president and all of congress.

1. jackclee lm profile image80

What are you saying? Impeach for what? For someone who bring up our Constitution and not have a basic understanding of it is very unsettling.

2. The0NatureBoy profile image55

A Misdemeanor per Article 2.4, none in government is constitutionally elected causes them to committed perjury, a high Crime. 9/11 was Treason everyone in government refused to prosecute Bush and company for makes them treasonous.

3. Misfit Chick profile image74

I think you'll have a hard time selling that idea to the masses. I'm trying to think of something that all sides will feel good about. We ALL want things to change. How else can we do it with so many people & with such deep divisions?

4. The0NatureBoy profile image55

Everyone looks at one side or another rather than the whole, it should be "the constitution require it, make it so" and not the unconstitutional parties or sides. When we say "it's the law, it matters not what I like obey the law" we'll have unity.

5. Misfit Chick profile image74

When we stop treating the Constitution as if it were the unchangeable Word of God, with people arguing over interpretations of it - and start utilizing it in wise ways as it can apply to our government today - then we'll have unity.

6. The0NatureBoy profile image55

Revelation 12:5 calls it a "Rod of Iron" for governing the nations with, Isaiah 45:7 say the Lord DO everything done so I treat everything as the "word of God" since god is doing it.

7. Misfit Chick profile image74

With the idea that 'god is doing' everything, then we don't have to think for ourselves, do we? Our founding fathers thought of everything all the way into our future and no adjustments are ever needed? God created us with a brain for a reason.

8. The0NatureBoy profile image55

They reestablished the USA to become Mystery, Babylon the Great... so the world can come to an end in 2028 or sooner. We are living robots and, as "the Matrix" demonstrated, it's all a real illusion played out throughout infinity.

9. Misfit Chick profile image74

Good grief. You seriously need to at least GLANCE thru my 1st spotlight hub, E. Conspiracies (even real ones) do NOT equal an unchanging prophecy & many people have been deceived like you have. Minds were created to be FREE, not enslaved in fear.

10. The0NatureBoy profile image55

I don't see "E. Conspiracies" on your profile, how can I read it. Only when anyone doesn't comprehend Reincarnation and Karma controls all of existence and there is no good nor evil does one live afraid. fear, "to approach with cautious learning"

5. smcopywrite profile image60
    smcopywriteposted 6 years ago

This is a very serious matter. The repercussions of political decisions made last for decades and effectively shape the future for other generations.

A great example is our current "president/clown" is removing every good piece of legislature put in place by the previous president simply because he can. There is no thought to the who what why or when of it. No long term plan or strategy to benefit the people he represents as a whole. Simply undoing what was done. Remember, Obama doesnt make a law.

The laws in place are a combination of all branches of government. The senate, house, president and the supreme court as well on the other end. Quit being stooges and do something significant and pertinent other than protesting.

This is not the time for protesting, but the time to grow up and become adults. Informed and educated adults. I cannot believe the people holding the popular vote. A study discovered 15% of college graduates believe judge judy is on the supreme court. Save this generation and those who follow. Impeach a clown on the seat of the Oval Office.

This is not a TV show where you say cut and get a do over. The rest of the world is simply waiting to pounce while we implode.

Trump inspired idea cuz 1) our world has not ended nor will it necessarily end just cuz someone with his inexperience & disposition is potus & 2) Its time to think outside the box: last 2 pres' from either party were meant to bring change &am

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)